Your perfect pig-out

Zombie

At  the risk of being too literal with the title of the thread...

Slowly roasted pork shoulder, cooked until it's fall off the bone tender (preferably outside over hardwood coals, but it is possible to do an acceptable job indoors) sprinkled with a sauce of hot peppers, vinegar and a touch of sugar and ketchup.....

186704.jpg

Accompanied by potatoes cooked with cheese and onions (gratin, loaded baked, loaded mashed, etc. preparation method is not as important as the combination of ingredients)......

gratin-dauphinois-2.jpg

and leafy greens (mustard, turnip or collards). 

pa1a20_colllard_greens_lg.jpg

Traditionally served with hushpuppies.....

7-SAV139-HushPuppies-400x272.jpg

Finish up with the chocolate stout cake from the recipe I posted previously...

291485551_1c32467593.jpg

or still warm Banana Pudding made from the recipe on the Nilla brand vanilla wafer box.

banana+pudding+after+copyright.jpg

or both if you're really going to pig-out :P

• Like 4

Jumbo fried shrimp, light and crisp hushpuppies, and lemon icebox pie for desert.  Bad but good bad :P  :funny:

Substitute key lime pie for the lemon icebox pie and you've got a date, Joann. You can even bring along your husband. lol

• Like 1

Although I could name lots of favorites, my "favoritist" favorite is pretty simple. A thick, juicy bacon cheeseburger with all the trimmings, served with a side of seasoned french fries and ranch dressing to dip them in. M-mmmm! Dessert is key lime pie or almost any cheesecake (although Zombie's wobbly blancmange sounds like something I'd like to try).

• Like 2

That would amount to heresy around here, but if you post your recipe, I'll consider some "in the closet" barbecuing to try it out :*)

It's in my blaug: (the southern spelling)

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/blog/38/entry-13996-carolina-style-bbq-sauce/

• Like 1

Potato Bake, lots and lots of potato bake, and roast veggies

and my gluten free vegemite spagetti

and potato gnocchi with homemade cheese sauce

basically anything with lots of cheese and packed with carbs lol

Ewww, marmite. :P

For me, anything I don't have to cook for myself. Anything I don't have to move from the couch to get, in fact. So, chinese takeaway or pizza or something else where I can just go online, plot in what I want and have it delivered to my door. :P

Failing that, what I always seem to end up eating when I'm feeling like shit is spaghetti with cheese and ketchup. If I'm feeling adventurous I may also add tuna or salmon or something, if I have some in, or sweetcorn or whatever else might be in the house. I know it's boring, but I only feel like cooking real food when I'm in a good mood. Followed by Ben & Jerry's cookie dough or half baked ice cream, and it's looking like a good evening. Oh, and crisps, any kind at all, with some kind of sour cream dip, like onion.

No-one would sneer at you for eating a quality snack like this. Yummy!

002.jpg

So is this what I ate over the weekend?

No.

I raided my mother's fridge. And stole this.

010298.jpg

Then I switched on X-Factor and squirted the stuff into my mouth as I watched the desperate and the deluded ... the judges squabbling and bickering  *was very happy :lol:*

Zombie, I honestly wanted to like Marmite when I got the chance to try it a couple of years ago. It truly must be an aquired taste. Sorry!

Nope, Mickey - you either love it or hate it :P

• Like 3

love marmite :D CHEESE + marmite is delicious, a proper mature cheddar and ill be a happy girly <3

i think everyone who is a regular is chat is familiar with my addictions to both welshcakes, and haribo

this said, i would also like to add to my pigout --> bacon. custard cream biscuits. pot noodle. quavers, and pancakes with sugar and lemon :P 

• Like 2

this said, i would also like to add to my pigout --> bacon. custard cream biscuits. pot noodle. quavers, and pancakes with sugar and lemon :P

My UK pig-out includes British bacon, farmhouse cheddar cheese, custard cream biscuits, McVitie's Cheddars & Nando's Peri Peri Chicken. Sadly, it's been several years since I've had the opportunity to indulge from that list :/ .

• Like 2

No-one would sneer at you for eating a quality snack like this. Yummy!

So is this what I ate over the weekend?

No.

I raided my mother's fridge. And stole this.

Then I switched on X-Factor and squirted the stuff into my mouth as I watched the desperate and the deluded ... the judges squabbling and bickering  *was very happy :lol:*

Nope, Mickey - you either love it or hate it :P

LOL you are bad, Zombie ! :gikkle:

• Like 1

I've already made one post with a favorite pig-out, but I decided I needed to add another. You can't do much better than breaded and fried catfish served with cole slaw, collard or mustard greens, white beans, and hush puppies. Mmm-mmm! Dang, son! I done died and gone ta heaven.

Our kitchen is temporarily missing (as in, we haven't cleaned it, and there are no clean plates and no space to cook at the moment), and I'm home alone so today I went to the shop and bought a frozen pizza with ham, pepperoni and meatballs, a tin of sliced mushrooms, and a snack pack of feta cheese, olives and pickled garlic. I put the mushrooms, olives, feta and garlic on the pizza, grated some extra cheese on top and cooked it in the over according to the instructions. I am stuffed and there are still three slices left. Minimum effort for excellent noms! I'll fit the last three slices too, I just need a breather first. :P