This one is right near the top on my nightmare list, T.G. there was no video included.

(Red Spider/Penis/port-a-potty/OUCH!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3560775/Man-bitten-penis-deadly-redback-spider-sitting-toilet.html

This is the non plus ultra of nightmares, at least I don't have the bits where this thing likes to bite  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I honestly don't have a problem with spiders, live and let live is my motto. BUT, having said that, if I was to have a similar port-a-potty experience, that might well change. Now the following people have a definite (big time) problem with our little friends, paranoid or what?

15 People Who Almost Killed Themselves Trying to Kill Spiders

http://www.ranker.com/list/extreme-overreactions-to-spiders/jacob-shelton

Disturbingly impressed

Sandrewn

• Like 1

My spouse leaves me the spiders because he's too scared to deal with them. One time I got into the shower right after him and there was a massive spider in the corner of the shower. He claims he didn't see it, but I swear it was the size of a small cat. 

• Like 3

So different, yet alike us in some ways. Though Sigmund Freud I think,  would have had a difficult time with applying cause and effect by parents in their case. I also think that with those FANGS, Trust might be a major issue (ouch, ouch, ouch).

Spider Behaviors Include Oral Sexual Encounters!

(Says New Research)

http://canadajournal.net/science/spider-behaviors-include-oral-sexual-encounters-says-new-research-47018-2016/

Sandrewn

Edited by sandrewn
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Took this photo today of spiderlings (at least that's what I think they are!). Anyone who knows different, please say ...

sml_gallery_29290_1686_132040.jpg

I enlarged your photo along with this one I found. When put side by side, they look very similar. So I believe, these are tiny baby European Garden Spiders (Araneus diadematus). They are an orb-weaver spider found in Europe and North America.

Garden+Spider+02.jpg

Here is a reference page with multiple pictures of our little friends.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=araneus+diadematus&client=ubuntu&hs=rJs&channel=fs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjutu20-PTMAhWHHD4KHalQDZEQiR4IhgE&biw=1024&bih=747&dpr=1.25#channel=fs&tbm=isch&q=araneus+diadematus+spiderlings

Sandrewn

• Like 3

sml_gallery_29290_1686_132040.jpg

I enlarged your photo along with this one I found. When put side by side, they look very similar. So I believe, these are tiny baby European Garden Spiders (Araneus diadematus). They are an orb-weaver spider found in Europe and North America.

One of my favourite spiders. I know autumn has arrived when they are spinning their webs.

:) Thanks for your detective work, Sandrewn!

Edited by northie
  • Like 1

This has to be one of the most beautiful or handsome (?) of spiders I have ever seen.

c1c1ba8d4093ba9183e640d1e01f1d7d.jpg

Avicularia versicolor sling (spiderling). Commonly known as the Antilles or Martinique Pinktoe.

Sandrewn

However, I would prefer to view them from behind a thick, bullet proof glass walled, guarantied escape proof enclosure. :boy:

• Like 2
This has to be one of the most beautiful or handsome (?) of spiders I have ever seen.

c1c1ba8d4093ba9183e640d1e01f1d7d.jpg

Avicularia versicolor sling (spiderling). Commonly known as the Antilles or Martinique Pinktoe.

That's the spiderling! :o It is gorgeous, though. :)
  • Like 1