• Site Administrator

If you have a spare 5 minutes of your life you don't want back, watch this YouTube video.

I've seen stupidity on YouTube, but sadly I can not say that this person even saw anything they were doing was wrong!

• Like 2

Okay, that was pretty stupid.  It made no sense why he backed out the way he did to go in the opposite direction--hitting a car in the process.  Hope the person who videoed this handed over a copy to the owner of that red car to make sure the person paid for the damages.

• Like 1

Lol.. what makes it worse, is that the person didn't even realize that after the black car left, they could have backed up freely - since they got into the mess they were in.. :P That and the person left the scene after bumping a car.. tsk tsk. 

• Like 1

It's pretty obvious that the driver wasn't even looking back when he or she was backing up. Surprisingly, that's not uncommon.

Dave peeled off a square foot of paint on my car backing out of our driveway, and my sister just punctured my bumper after she had me pull my car into her driveway, "where it'll be safer."

• Like 1

How would that person have ever gotten out of a CROWDED parking lot?  That one was fairly empty and he/she pad problems.  You sure it wasn't an underage kid with no license?  lol

• Like 1

You all are looking at this from the wrong angle.  This person obviously learned a lesson from childhood.  If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again.  This driver didn't give up!  They kept trying!  Even if it took 100 corrections, they were going to get out of that parking lot.  I've actually seen a woman in LA get out of her car in tears because she couldn't get her car out of the parking spot.  Yet, this driver never gave up. 

That being said, this person has no business driving. :gikkle:

• Like 3

That was funny, right up to the point where she pulled onto the road :lol: then it became scary. I'm gonna assume there were a lot of drugs involved in that, and/or possibly alcohol XD

Anyway, being in the same country as whoever that was, I think I'll stay away from roads and parking lots for a while (to give them time to get arrested). On second thought, with that driving, I'd probably be less likely to be hit if I was where she should be driving :gikkle:

• Like 1

I didn't couldn't watch the whole thing. The impression I get though, is that it's a new driver behind the wheel, not that it excuses their behaviour.

I can relate, to an extent (not the hitting cars part) because basically the first vehicle I drove was a pickup truck with a cap on the back. The extra length of the vehicle, plus the reduced visibility (the cap made it significantly harder to see behind) does make things extremely difficult - especially for a new driver. Many times you would see me trying 2... 3... or more times to get into or out of a parking spot.

• Like 1

crazy !  someone should get refresher lessons

when i did my test (they call it "reverse direction of the car using forward and revers gears" rather than 3 point turn now - so yu can take more than 3 "points" if necessary) - i told the tester i could do a U turn as the road was wide enough ! - still had to do it the proper way :)

• Like 1

I have read all your comments and decided that I don't wanna watch the youtube video now, gonna save it for a special day when I'm in the right evil mood :lol:

Edited by slytherin
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is like a real life version of those online driving games where you have to get the car from the starting parking spot and out of the parking lot (off the screen) without hitting anything... except in this there are no flying grocery carts, random skateboarders, or speeding ferraris. So, this was basically level one with no time limit and they still managed to ding that maroon car haha.

I also find it amusing that the person in the minivan watched that go on for a full minute before getting that man to try and help navigate. Also kudos to that black car on getting out before also getting tapped lol.

• Like 2