We share the same lock picking hobby.  :)

It's so much fun! I've been learning from Youtube. There's a guy named BosnianBill who shows you how to do it, and every single one is fascinating.

• Like 1

We're approaching the end of The Navigator now, and it will all be over in a few weeks, hopefully with everyone still in good condition.

I'm thinking of doing a spin-off on this story that will follow the band. If I do this I need to decide on the main character. Brady is the only one I can't choose, but I want your input.

Should it be told from Theo, Jack, or Stacey's perspective?

Jack would likely be the easiest for me to write from, as I share a lot of personality traits with him.

Theo shouldn't be too difficult, as my mental image of him is pretty strong.

Stacey would be hard for me, as it is difficult for me to get inside of the female mind, but on that same note it would allow me to stretch myself.

Or should I introduce a new character and just have the band be prominent? Maybe play with Gavin from Brady's past? Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

If my mental calculation is correct, TN will have its finale July 25th.  :)

If you go with Jack, you have the advantage that he's the de facto leader of the band. You also get an inside look at his relationship with Stacey. Theo is sort of an outside insider, if that makes any sense. He has that past relationship with Stacey that still has to hurt just a bit. My choice would be between Jack and Theo. Both of them are still largely a mystery to us.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your input, and I hope it keeps coming.

I found this video today of a guy that would get along great with Silas. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I think it's pretty amusing that everyone overlooked the comment that you can't use Brady. Of course, that could be for a number of reasons. The unpleasant ones make me uneasy. However, no spoilers please:)

• Like 2

I think it's pretty amusing that everyone overlooked the comment that you can't use Brady. Of course, that could be for a number of reasons. The unpleasant ones make me uneasy. However, no spoilers please:)

I'm just glad that someone noticed it. :)

• Like 1

LOL   I was waiting to see if anybody said anything about it.  ;)

I assume that people assumed I didn't mean anything by it. And what do you know? They may be right . . . ;)

I assume that people assumed I didn't mean anything by it. And what do you know? They may be right . . . ;)

Well, now I'm certainly thinking about it! I didn't think any thing except maybe that it was because Brady was already so close to Silas.... 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I want Theo, he seems more complex than Jack. As for Brady not being useful, I just assumed it was because you already used him in the band chapters.

I was beginning to think you were MIA Tim.  :)

Hasn't everyone been 'used' in the band chapters? In any case, how would that alone negate using him in a sequel?

• Like 1

I'd noticed and decided he already had plans for Brady, first thought was because he was with Silas not the band ... nothing sinister.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I'd noticed and decided he already had plans for Brady, first thought was because he was with Silas not the band ... nothing sinister.

Yes, that is one of the possibilities that I thought of too. The only certainty we have at this point is that the band survives the trip through the treacherous roads because there will be a sequel.  :)

• Like 1

Yes, that is one of the possibilities that I thought of too. The only certainty we have at this point is that the band survives the trip through the treacherous roads because there will be a sequel.  :)

Unless of course the band's book takes place in the afterlife. Wouldn't be the first time I've written the afterlife, haha!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Unless of course the band's book takes place in the afterlife. Wouldn't be the first time I've written the afterlife, haha!

Or the sequel is actually a prequel. Now the band in the afterlife would give some great openings for some interesting guest artists to accompany them.  :)

• Like 1

Or the sequel is actually a prequel. Now the band in the afterlife would give some great openings for some interesting guest artists to accompany them.  :)

Or maybe the story is set in the far future, and the last surviving band member is old and frail, and telling the story of their climb to fame. 

There's so many options here, haha!

• Like 1

I was beginning to think you were MIA Tim.  :)

Hasn't everyone been 'used' in the band chapters? In any case, how would that alone negate using him in a sequel?

almost, but I'm back from my holiday now.

as far as I remember all the band chapters so far have been from Brad's (3rd person) POV.

• Like 1

Or maybe the story is set in the far future, and the last surviving band member is old and frail, and telling the story of their climb to fame. 

There's so many options here, haha!

:o  ... You are a wicked, wicked boy ... 

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 1

I'm creating a tumblr to serve as my new homepage. I'm going to be doing posts about my muses for individual stories, and sharing pictures and articles there that helped shape my storylines. The Navigator is going to be the first story I talk about, which is why I'm mentioning it here. :)

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I'm creating a tumblr to serve as my new homepage. I'm going to be doing posts about my muses for individual stories, and sharing pictures and articles there that helped shape my storylines. The Navigator is going to be the first story I talk about, which is why I'm mentioning it here. :)

That will be fun!  :)

• Like 1