Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

Or maybe Josh is just trying to get laid. :P

I was trying to give the idiot the benefit of doubt. :P

I've seen and heard many stories of people trying to help others by giving them a job but only wind up hurting themselves because some people really are leeches / moochers. MC Hammer comes to mind.

Of course, the club wasn't loosing $$$ so that's one thing. Except Josh seems to forget he's the minority owner.

Or maybe Will can set up John C with a job there and a free apt in Chicago? Doubt that will happen.

• Like 1

Uffo.. Talk about the story guys, not blabber about something not committed with the story...

I hate to break it to you, but you'll have to get used to the blabbering getting   :off: if you're going to hang out in this particular forum. :rolleyes:

That said, a conversation about fish, meat sauce and fried foods is perfectly on topic for the story at hand. If we'd been discussing Sunday dinner, that would have been an entirely different chapter. ;)

• Like 1

I hate to break it to you, but you'll have to get used to the blabbering getting   :off: if you're going to hang out in this particular forum. :rolleyes:

That said, a conversation about fish, meat sauce and fried foods is perfectly on topic for the story at hand. If we'd been discussing Sunday dinner, that would have been an entirely different chapter. ;)

Since when do forums ever stay on topic :P That's half the fun -_-

• Like 2

Or maybe Josh is just trying to get laid. :P

Mark, Josh looks like James Maslow. You really think THIS would need help at any time in any place getting laid?

jamesmaslow-angelokritikos-08(1)__oPt.jp

He's not a former boybander/turned-Lifetime- movie-actor for nothing. To use the parlance of Be Rad's time period, dude is just totally unreal. Like, totally bitchin', you know?

The lack of profit doesn't really bode well for the longevity of the club, but clubs are usually supposed to have a pretty short shelf life, aren't they?

I think JJ would consider it a complement to be considered an Upper East Side Stiff. :rolleyes: He is completely on the mark with his views on children...except he forgot to mention that they're also germ factories. :P I'm really glad that he didn't bow to the demands of the USFSA, although it helps that he can afford to walk away.

2015 JJ will probably be steadfast in his refusal to move to Brooklyn like all the other cool young people. As for the children part, I love it. As a guy who likes having nieces and nephews but has absolutely no interest in building a family, I like that JJ has that view as well. (Well, times about ten. I like children in limited amounts.) Darius and Will are pretty much guaranteed to sire kids. JJ will just leave the breeding to them. LOL.

As for JJ refusing to play ball, it's an interesting turn for JJ. He basically was willing to play by their rules and be the Innocent Virginal Princess that they wanted (and Alex wanted as well), but then they asked for too much. I had JJ in mind as someone who would do whatever it would take to win, but Mark seems to be suggesting that there's limits to it. He'd go far, but there are still limits there.

In any event, this set-up with Carullo and JJ is pretty funny. An uptight rich boy/former Ice Princess and a passionate, kind Italian jock boy living together in the wacky TriBeCa area. This is a set-up like a sitcom with lots of good times ahead. I'm glad it seems like Mark is setting JJ up for funnier storylines instead of all the depressing drama! :P

Anyway, this should be the sitcom's theme:

Bring on the wacky misadventures with our two roommies in New York City!

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

I hate to break it to you, but you'll have to get used to the blabbering getting :off: if you're going to hang out in this particular forum. :rolleyes:

That said, a conversation about fish, meat sauce and fried foods is perfectly on topic for the story at hand. If we'd been discussing Sunday dinner, that would have been an entirely different chapter. ;)

Ease off on Small Guy here... :)

• Like 1

The lack of profit doesn't really bode well for the longevity of the club, but clubs are usually supposed to have a pretty short shelf life, aren't they?

2015 JJ will probably be steadfast in his refusal to move to Brooklyn like all the other cool young people. As for the children part, I love it. As a guy who likes having nieces and nephews but has absolutely no interest in building a family, I like that JJ has that view as well. (Well, times about ten. I like children in limited amounts.) Darius and Will are pretty much guaranteed to sire kids. JJ will just leave the breeding to them. LOL.

In any event, this set-up with Carullo and JJ is pretty funny. An uptight rich boy/former Ice Princess and a passionate, kind Italian jock boy living together in the wacky TriBeCa area. This is a set-up like a sitcom with lots of good times ahead. I'm glad it seems like Mark is setting JJ up for funnier storylines instead of all the depressing drama! :P

Bring on the wacky misadventures with our two roomies in New York City!

Clubs are only supposed to have a short shelf life when they're someone else's investment.

I quite like my nieces and nephews, too. I would not want to live with three toddlers, though. Or any toddlers for that matter. And I really despise people who take crying babies to restaurants. What is wrong with those people? :o

I loved Perfect Strangers (although, in retrospect, I was watching it as a kid in a foreign country with very little context). I agree that the set up with JJ and Carullo bodes well for some extremely funny moments. :)

Ease off on Small Guy here... :)

Exactly how small are we talking here? :unsure2:

• Like 1

Clubs are only supposed to have a short shelf life when they're someone else's investment.

I quite like my nieces and nephews, too. I would not want to live with three toddlers, though. Or any toddlers for that matter. And I really despise people who take crying babies to restaurants. What is wrong with those people? :o

I loved Perfect Strangers (although, in retrospect, I was watching it as a kid in a foreign country with very little context). I agree that the set up with JJ and Carullo bodes well for some extremely funny moments. :)

Exactly how small are we talking here? :unsure2:

About what we are taking here? Me?? or My??? :P

• Like 2

Stepping away from the conversation now... :blink:

LOL... cowardly...but a smart move... you never know what these young ones will say :huh:

Wait... was I off topic? :P

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2

LOL... cowardly...but a smart move... you never know what these young ones will say :huh:

Wait... was I off topic? :P

I am totally embracing my inner coward here. :yes: Far be it from me to question the size of...whatever it was to which the young gentleman was referring. :unsure:

Topic? Do we even remember what it was? :rolleyes::P

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

I am totally embracing my inner coward here. :yes: Far be it from me to question the size of...whatever it was to which the young gentleman was referring. :unsure:

Topic? Do we even remember what it was? :rolleyes::P

:blink:Ahhh... I remember... small guy and perfect stangers... and something about JJ and Carullo being a new comedy act on Broadway, or was that Tribeca... Hell. I'm old... am I in the right forum? Stellllllaaaaaa...

• Like 3

:blink: Ahhh... I remember... small guy and perfect strangers... and something about JJ and Carullo being a new comedy act on Broadway, or was that Tribeca... Hell. I'm old... am I in the right forum? Stellllllaaaaaa...

Was that the one where the two guys dressed in drag so they could live in the ladies-only apartment building? ;)

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

Was that the one where the two guys dressed in drag so they could live in the ladies-only apartment building? ;)

OMG.... I forgot about that one... no, that was Bosom Buddies, and starred Tom Hanks... I loved that one...Perfect Strangers had the Balki character in it... Methodwriter was talking about it..

• Like 1

OMG.... I forgot about that one... no, that was Bosom Buddies, and starred Tom Hanks... I loved that one...Perfect Strangers had the Balki character in it... Methodwriter was talking about it..

I know. :) I was just continuing the theme of wacky '80s sitcoms. Perhaps a little too obliquely. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I know. :) I was just continuing the theme of wacky '80s sitcoms. Perhaps a little too obliquely. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted... told you I was old... so John and JJ could have their own sitcom... it would be awesome... they could have wacky neighbors.. oh oh... Johnny Weir could be one of them...and maybe an incognito Alex could live beneath them... Mark could write it... :huh:   ....Too much? :unsure: Okay... never mind :rolleyes:

• Like 2

The topic was: why people eat fish. I don't get it. :P

"Clubs" are like fashion: in one day, out the other. "Bars" on the other hand have the ability to never change and (IMHO) that's a good thing.

This post is a little gratuitous because I want to see what happens at 300. B)

Fish is a tastilicious treat of the first water. It's poached foods that should be banned as inedible. :P

I kind of hate clubs. A good bar, on the other hand, can be glorious.

Edit: So, what happens at 300 posts? Nothing! Nothing happens. I feel a bit cheated. :pissed:

Edit 2: Where is Tim when I need him to explain these sorts of things to me? :unsure:  (Alright, I know it's midnight in Copenhagen and it is unreasonable for me to expect him to be at my beck and call.)

Edited by impunity
  • Like 3

Aww, you're too much of a romantic softie to be a proper drama whore. But that's ok...you balance us out. :hug:

Dammit... I'm too transparent... I'm powerless to hide my true self :ph34r::P I guess I'll have to settle for the balance thing :unsure:

This post is a little gratuitous because I want to see what happens at 300. B)

Fish is a tastilicious treat of the first water. It's poached foods that should be banned as inedible. :P

I kind of hate clubs. A good bar, on the other hand, can be glorious.

Edit: So, what happens at 300 posts? Nothing! Nothing happens. I feel a bit cheated. :pissed:

Edit 2: Where is Tim when I need him to explain these sorts of things to me? :unsure:  (Alright, I know it's midnight in Copenhagen and it is unreasonable for me to expect him to be at my beck and call.)

Yes... clubs bad

bars... good

• Like 1

Dammit... I'm too transparent... I'm powerless to hide my true self :ph34r::P I guess I'll have to settle for the balance thing :unsure:

Have you ever really tried to hide it? :rolleyes:

Hey, being a drama whore isn't all fun and games. It's a bit like being a junkie: you're constantly jonesing for the next fix. :o  (Admittedly, my experience with being the traditional sort of junkie is pretty much nonexistent. Haha.) :*)

• Like 1

Have you ever really tried to hide it? :rolleyes:

Hey, being a drama whore isn't all fun and games. It's a bit like being a junkie: you're constantly jonesing for the next fix. :o  (Admittedly, my experience with being the traditional sort of junkie is pretty much nonexistent. Haha.) :*)

Nah, I'm out and proud... you just have to read my stories to see that :music::yes:

• Like 1

2015 JJ will probably be steadfast in his refusal to move to Brooklyn like all the other cool young people.

You are missing two key points here. The family is rich and the family is really rich.

Do you think racing thoroughbreds is profitable? Yacht racing? Playing polo? When you are rich you can indulge in incredibly extravagent hobbies. Owning a hot club, even if it is losing gobs of money is a gay man's hobby.

It isn't the "cool young people" who are moving to Brooklyn, but the financially challenged young people who think they are cool (or more to the point want others to think they are cool) that are moving to Brooklyn. They tweet, Instagram and Yik Yak to each other about how cool, hip and trendy they are and hope people believe them. The really rich stay in Manhattan.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..