Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

Anyway, kind of crazy about Sergio/Kevin. He manages to be the small percentage of guys who don't respond to the new medicines?

Edited by methodwriter85

Anyway, kind of crazy about Sergio/Kevin. He manages to be the small percentage of guys who don't respond to the new medicines?

Or he's not taking his meds.

Edited by mmike1969
  • Like 1

Or he didn't take them regularly.   Even after an initial good response, if the patient becomes over confident and doesn't take his meds as prescribed, or takes a break from them altogether, the virus can build back up to detectable levels and mutate to become resistant to the drugs that formerly worked.  The five year survival rate seems to indicate it's not such a small percentage.  See this recent article about HIV in the San Francisco area:

http://www.sfaf.org/hiv-info/statistics/?gclid=CL6iqeSrv8YCFU4vgQodVE8MjQ?referrer=http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=Cpt8OeLKWVcndDovW-QPP86foCaCfzKEFqMmlixrc-qp1CAMQASgCYMnG7YmYpIgToAGwpvjkA8gBAaoEKE_QAU7HGeR1PBw6_8mDvasLkSpPFgSyyUP0JlU-YaTtLk0QLmML43CIBgGAB7jZhxuQBwOoB6a-G9gHAQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=5GieVUQbioaGmXgKHnSDvIbEww6EzboUlKPBl2UUHuxEVg&sig=AOD64_3hLYzY-RGtJImR8cAJqaeQPy0uJQ&clui=0&rct=j&q=&ved=0CGIQ0Qw&adurl=http://www.sfaf.org/hiv-info/statistics/

• Like 1

Or he could be a 'fast progresser', in which case the meds prove ineffective...

Or he's a new age hippie wanna be like Steve Jobs and was doing alternative meds and waited too long to use "real" meds and its now killing him. :P

• Like 1

You know that old, tried and true strategy of divide and conquer? Does it seem like that may be happening here (A convenient coincidence maybe)? There is always strength in numbers, and 'the Family' is formidable as a group... but they are literally scattered across the globe for the first time I can remember. A predator isolates their prey, and strikes when least expected. Do we have a mastermind in Cap World. The title 'Black Widow' would indicate that as a possibility. Maybe I just have an overactive imagination, but there are many with an axe to grind against this family, and I think Elizabeth D could be voted most likely to desire to inflict damage... but what the heck do I know... cheers... Gary

• Like 1

Elizabeth did not do so well against Brad in the past and I'm sure she would love to help ME deal with JJ.  However, I suspect that eventually JJ will decide to quit deferring to Alex for handling the matter and when ME makes another threat, he may just call in some help to resolve matters himself. Either Will or Brad would be glad to assist, I'm sure...However, Mark is usually pretty devious and hasn't tipped his hand just yet.  I'm sure he likes seeing us squirm.......Just sayin!

• Like 1

Elizabeth did not do so well against Brad in the past and I'm sure she would love to help ME deal with JJ.  However, I suspect that eventually JJ will decide to quit deferring to Alex for handling the matter and when ME makes another threat, he may just call in some help to resolve matters himself. Either Will or Brad would be glad to assist, I'm sure...However, Mark is usually pretty devious and hasn't tipped his hand just yet.  I'm sure he likes seeing us squirm.......Just sayin!

You have a very good point. Maybe it was not a coincidence that Will assured JJ he would be there for him. However, I fear all there will be left to do is revenge (something Will is good at, of course :evil:  :gikkle: ), since the most logical 'price' for ME to engineer would be to kill or maim JJ. (Can you imagine JJ as a hepless cripple in a wheel chair :pinch: )

But it might bring Brad and Will back on the same side...

• Like 2

You have a very good point. Maybe it was not a coincidence that Will assured JJ he would be there for him. However, I fear all there will be left to do is revenge (something Will is good at, of course :evil:  :gikkle: ), since the most logical 'price' for ME to engineer would be to kill or maim JJ. (Can you imagine JJ as a hepless cripple in a wheel chair :pinch: )

But it might bring Brad and Will back on the same side...

I am picturing something more like the women engineering JJ's exposure as being gay/bi. It would effectively end his skating career when combined with the extended time off for the rehab of his knee, and it would not expose the vicious vixens of Virginia to the possibility of prosecution for physical violence. I can see ME being cocky enough to believe her marriage to Alex and Ricky's existence would protect Alex and his family from fallout of JJ being outed. And you are right Tim - I can definitely see something like this bringing Brad and Will back to the same side.

• Like 3

the vicious vixens of Virginia

:rofl::worship:  I :heart: this, Kitt.

I hope you're right and that ED can rein ME in and prevent physical violence. After all ME wants to avoid Alex suspecting her involvement. But accidents can happen...  such as JJ gettting kicked by a horse or falling down the stairs (I'm sure Mark can think of something better :rolleyes: ).

• Like 1

So is anyone betting that ME's revenge doesn't come back to haunt her?

What she did to a 17 year old kid who has devoted his life to skating and competing on the world stage is despicable. There were other ways... she could have threatened him with exposure first, before actually doing it. She really doesn't care about anyone but herself, a product of her mother. I won't take that bet. She will pay for this... and I think it will be in a big way. At least I hope so :P

• Like 3

Oh I am very sure there will be fallout. ME may have launched that nuclear strike, as JJ put it, but Alex is the one that struck the death blow to the relationship by deciding the best thing was to separate.That JJ has accepted it is over with Alex does not mean he is taking it calmly or that his family will either.

• Like 1

You make some interesting points and hypotheses. Everyone expects JJ to come out fighting, but when has that ever been part of his psyche? I'm not done writing this part of the story, so I'm still sorting it out, but it seems to me that unless JJ thinks this battle is really important, he is much more likely to take his ball and go home than to sit around and try to win a battle.

I gotta agree with you on that. JJ's not going to come out swinging. That's not his style.

I do have to hand it to MaryEllen. JJ's pretty much done with Alex, and Alex is firmly under her control.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

I gotta agree with you on that. JJ's not going to come out swinging. That's not his style.

I do have to hand it to MaryEllen. JJ's pretty much done with Alex, and Alex is firmly under her control.

I guess I don't know JJ in the same way. I would've thought that deliberately ruining his career (or even just attempting it) regardless of how he looks at Alex, would bring out a strong and vindictive desire for revenge. I don't see JJ as some shrinking violet. Yeah, he is only 17, so he hasn't had to go full apeshit on someone as yet, but he has watched his family in action for a long time. I would think that with what he has been through, with the abuse, and losing his mom and Robbie(who was his biggest supporter), there would be a powderkeg in there waiting to erupt. In my mind, I wouldn't be surprised if he punished Alex in some way as well... but as I said, I don't really know JJ. It was really only in 'Streak' that I got some idea of who he was. I thought the calculating way he handled Alex, meant something more than it apparently did... just saying... cheers... G

And now that I thought about this: I am not 100 percent sure it's Slut ME or The Master Evil Queen that is totally responsible for this.

This IS CAP after all.

2) we still don't know about that other Parnel dude that was giving crap to Zach.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..