• Site Moderator

I think Mann and I have similar twisted minds. Wish I could have seen his expression when I suggested the line of business I suspected Rother was in. I think I recall a loud SHIT! coming from the direction of Michigan! :P

Hey! Biker dude is back!! :D

Off topic, I know, but I got a little excited...won't happen again. 

Edited by Reader1810

I'm still waiting for those nude pics of Carlos I asked for... :gikkle:

Your spot in line will come at some point in time... The requests from GA members have overwhelmed the supply. :rofl:

Not sure when the last nude pics of me were taken, I may have to do another photo shoot to get some fresh ones.

• Like 2

Your spot in line will come at some point in time... The requests from GA members have overwhelmed the supply. :rofl:

Not sure when the last nude pics of me were taken, I may have to do another photo shoot to get some fresh ones.

As your editor, do I get to make special requests? :D

• Like 2

It's Wednesday here. Just saying.... ;)

Anyway, reading last weeks chapter again, I was reminded of this puzzle:

The client who accosted Nathan: he seemed to be both new to Delaga House (his stupid question 'How was I to know?' as well as the part about everyone being available when he'd paid his entrance fee) and very familiar with the place (his comment about 'new stock' implies he knows all the (male) whores by sight).

It's not very important, but it simply made me wonder...

I'm looking forward to Rother's reaction's next week. Samantha's obviously available for rent by clients, I hope Blythe is too! Can I book a few hours with him now?

I know I said no guessing, but this is more a wish than a guess: Nathan, since he's trained to entertain and run a household, could eventually share Samantha's job as 'hostess'. She could handle the breeders and he could handle the gay men (or those needing a walk on the wild side!)

• Site Moderator

I'd be more inclined to see Nathan in the role of overall host of the party..ie. running the show...leaving Rother free to oversee the business side of things to keep the client numbers high etc. Wouldn't want his profit margins to slip now that he has 'two mouths to feed' so to speak.  ;)

I'd be more inclined to see Nathan in the role of overall host of the party..ie. running the show...leaving Rother free to oversee the business side of things to keep the client numbers high etc. Wouldn't want his profit margins to slip now that he has 'two mouths to feed' so to speak.  ;)

I think Rother will be feeding Nathan on a regular basis! :gikkle:

How about Nathan and Rother putting on a live show once a week or so? That could bring in a lot of customers! Part of the marketing plan!

• Site Moderator

How about Nathan and Rother putting on a live show once a week or so? That could bring in a lot of customers! Part of the marketing plan!

Live show? Um....no, I don't think Rother would put himself out there like that (I'd say it's a given Nathan wouldn't).

Of course, we still don't know the exact roll Rother plays in this enterprise apart from being in charge of it...I mean, what is taking him so long to come (not a play on words Carlos  -_-) toNathan? Or is deliberately taking his time? If so, to what end?

Delega House is probably a large place. I don't get the feeling he's taking as long as you all think he is. He'll be around when he's around and that's that. Please the man has been ensconced inside Nathan for a few days, he's probably behind in his paperwork. And that also accounts for Nathan not knowing what's going on. He would have been told at some point when his husband thought the time was right.

We need to remember this is not a marriage of equals. Rother is the man of the house and Nathan, at least for now, is nothing but a prized possession and the boy toy of the month.

• Like 1

:o  :o .... Maybe not just yet..

Delega House is probably a large place. I don't get the feeling he's taking as long as you all think he is. He'll be around when he's around and that's that. Please the man has been ensconced inside Nathan for a few days, he's probably behind in his paperwork. And that also accounts for Nathan not knowing what's going on. He would have been told at some point when his husband thought the time was right.

We need to remember this is not a marriage of equals. Rother is the man of the house and Nathan, at least for now, is nothing but a prized possession and the boy toy of the month.

Somehow I doubt what Rother is behind, is paperwork!

Also, I'm more inclined to believe now that this marriage was to pay of Nathan's father's debt. I think though that Nathan's feistiness surprised Rother. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

He may be behind a customer then. One who's willing to bend over backwards to pay his debts. :rofl:

I pondered that scenario myself, but thought no, can't be that.  Strangely, I'm feeling some not so gentle nudges pushing me back toward that conclusion. I wonder where they're coming from? :unsure: 

• Like 1

I should like to take a more positive note and consider as I did in my review that Samantha delayed Rothrt so he could gather himself and not just explode at Nathan. Of course you can chuckle at my naivete and continue your ribald speculation.

• Like 2

I pondered that scenario myself, but thought no, can't be that.  Strangely, I'm feeling some not so gentle nudges pushing me back toward that conclusion. I wonder where they're coming from? :unsure:

This is an alternate universe and an unconventional author. I shake my head and smile everytime someone makes a comment about Rother treating Nathan right, how he should be understanding and nurturing. how they should get to know each other, yada, yada, yada. I'll break my promise and venture a guess I&C will have a HEA ending but it won't be a conventional one. Romance takes a lot of different forms and when we impose our wishes (Nathan in a sling) on the story, we can be disappointed in the end result. My guessing is fun, but I like it best when Mann surprises the fuck out of me and serves up the unexpected.

• Like 2

I should like to take a more positive note and consider as I did in my review that Samantha delayed Rothrt so he could gather himself and not just explode at Nathan. Of course you can chuckle at my naivete and continue your ribald speculation.

That would work for me. And why is everyone assuming Rother will be pissed off at Nathan. Wasn't he happy when his boy stood up to the nasty wench. I'd say there's a good chance he'll be pleased witht Nathan's escapade. He'll definitely be happy with how his staff handled the issue!

• Site Moderator

Actually Dugh, that scenario makes a lot of sense. We've already seen how petulant, among other things, he can be so I can certainly see Samantha getting things under control before getting Rother involved. 

• Site Moderator

That would work for me. And why is everyone assuming Rother will be pissed off at Nathan. Wasn't he happy when his boy stood up to the nasty wench. I'd say there's a good chance he'll be pleased witht Nathan's escapade. He'll definitely be happy with how his staff handled the issue!

As long as nothing Nathan does interferes with his business dealings. I would think that this customer is not the first one tossed out and refused re-entry, so that likely won't be an issue. 

As as for Blythe and Samantha, what they did was par for the course for them....Nathan just raised the stakes a little higher is all.

• Like 1

That may very well be the case. 

• Site Moderator

Oh and just another point. I too started reading this story with a "rose coloured glasses" naïveté. Along the way (and with some influence from "they know who they are") my views on what is going to transpire have broadened somewhat.

I still like to err on the side of all things nice, but in the Land of Francine "nice" is a relative term. Like Nathan, we too are learning what is and what isn't the norm. And what an education we are getting, I might add. :)

• Like 1

I was actually a bit surprised Samantha was going to involve Rother, but perhaps she thinks he is the only one who can deal with Nathan having 'broken' out of his room, assuming she knew he had locked him in. If Rother gets pissed about Nathan leaving the room, tough luck.

I have no problems with Rother dominating Nathan, I can even understand why he treats Nathan as prim and prejudiced and almost childish, since Nathan is all of that. But I still think Rother is a jerk for not telling Nathan straight out what he expects, or if that's beneath his dignity, asking Samantha to explain and get to know / understand Nathan. I mean, how hard can it be:

"Right now you are mostly meant for my pleasure in bed, but perhaps you'll show other talents. If you learn about the customs in Francine and in this house, you will have a much easier life, so here are some books, and when they have time, I'll let Samantha and Blythe educate you too. If you have any questions, ask them to explain, as I'm generally too busy, and they know me better than anyone."

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1