I was actually a bit surprised Samantha was going to involve Rother, but perhaps she thinks he is the only one who can deal with Nathan having 'broken' out of his room, assuming she knew he had locked him in. If Rother gets pissed about Nathan leaving the room, tough luck.

I have no problems with Rother dominating Nathan, I can even understand why he treats Nathan as prim and prejudiced and almost childish, since Nathan is all of that. But I still think Rother is a jerk for not telling Nathan straight out what he expects, or if that's beneath his dignity, asking Samantha to explain and get to know / understand Nathan. I mean, how hard can it be:

"Right now you are mostly meant for my pleasure in bed, but perhaps you'll show other talents. If you learn about the customs in Francine and in this house, you will have a much easier life, so here are some books, and when they have time, I'll let Samantha and Blythe educate you too. If you have any questions, ask them to explain, as I'm generally too busy, and they know me better than anyone."

:lol:  :rofl: Ahh, Tim. No dithering. Straight to the point. 

I'm still wondering why so many think Rother will be upset with Nathan...

that 'many' seems to include Blythe - and wouldn't you be :pissed: if your boytoy didn't stay meekly in his room as he was told to do? Obviously for good reasons, as Rother can now point out.

But he hasn't had time to educate the Little Lord, they've been to busy screwing! 

and not taking that time or asking someone else to do it, is precisely why Rother is a jerk. So when Nathan fucks up, Rother can take part of the blame.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

Thanks Puppi. ;) But the really burning question I have is: Where the Fuck is Harston? Why wasn't Nathan's valet hovering anxiously outside the door or in the kitchen? Has he been put to other duties?

Very good question.

• Site Moderator

Thanks Puppi. ;) But the really burning question I have is: Where the Fuck is Harston? Why wasn't Nathan's valet hovering anxiously outside the door or in the kitchen? Has he been put to other duties?

Excellent question Tim. I have to admit that I kind of forgot all about him....:blushing:

Oh wow.. Is it wrong that I forgot about him!

• Site Moderator

Oh wow.. Is it wrong that I forgot about him!

Now I don't feel so bad since I'm not the only one. Phew!!  I think we should feel bad I suppose...poor guy has probably had to deal with Vivian and her wicked ways...

I just had a thought, the poor guy has more than likely pressed into service as a waiter for the night - yes Carlos, a waiter! Poor thing is probably being leered at right now since the party is still going on last I checked......

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

I may have missed the previous one and it may be a little late for this link, but here it is anyways:

Chapter 26

The last few chapters I've been more focused on keeping the story moving, I haven't used prompts. (That and during the holiday season NONE of the prompts fit my story.)

• Site Moderator

I may have missed the previous one and it may be a little late for this link, but here it is anyways:

Chapter 26

The last few chapters I've been more focused on keeping the story moving, I haven't used prompts. (That and during the holiday season NONE of the prompts fit my story.)

Safe to say nobody noticed your transgression...well maybe Carlos. :gikkle: but then, he hasn't said anything so all is good.

Just carry on with this delightfully sinful (Nathan's words, not mine) tale please and thank you. :D

• Like 2

So, you plan to abandon the 1k word straight jacket in the near future...

I was wondering if the publications of the Santa Logs has influenced how you approach a story and writing in general. Do you think about potential future audiences, or do you write primarily for yourself? Not suggesting they're mutually exclusive, but I wonder if you view things differently. I mean, I have a feeling GA readers are probably not representative of the potential readership at large.

So, you plan to abandon the 1k word straight jacket in the near future...

I was wondering if the publications of the Santa Logs has influenced how you approach a story and writing in general. Do you think about potential future audiences, or do you write primarily for yourself? Not suggesting they're mutually exclusive, but I wonder if you view things differently. I mean, I have a feeling GA readers are probably not representative of the potential readership at large.

The main reason I'm going to eventually stop doing the 1k option is because I'm getting as impatient as my readers. LOL Julie Lynn Hayes, the author who runs the Wednesday Briefers, has encouraged me to sub the story for publication. And given the response I've had so far, I think it's a smart move. It wasn't my original plan. I write the stories I want to write and I don't tailor them for publication. It just happens I have a story here that in the long run could be successful beyond GA and I'd like to see what happens.

I will still be finishing the story and post the completed first draft on GA. After that, I'll likely have it moved to Premium to allow the next step. I have no intention of leaving it unfinished or removing content. That was never the plan.

The Wednesday Briefs has been a wonderful project and I'll work with it again because it's helped me stay productive even when my commitments were making it difficult.

It will be a while before I'm ready to move ahead of my original schedule. I have a number of works in progress and there's a lot more to write on I & C, so the 1k format will be around for a bit. But once the draft is complete, get ready... you're gonna get a lot more than you've been reading so far.

• Like 3

It will be a while before I'm ready to move ahead of my original schedule. I have a number of works in progress and there's a lot more to write on I & C, so the 1k format will be around for a bit. But once the draft is complete, get ready... you're gonna get a lot more than you've been reading so far.

I may have some self-serving reasons for my qustions, but I was truly interested in the thought process. And don't even think you can scare me off by threatening mw with a good time (more I&C) :D

It's Wednesday here. Just saying. ;)

I'm glad Nathan finally made Rother aware of his need to be enlightened and taught, but I'm not pleased about his selfish and stupid worry about Rother's past 'staining' himself. Oh, well, hopefully Nathan will mature and acquire some common sense now, else I fear Rother will soon tire of him and with good reason.

• Like 1

I like that you answer a lot of the questions posed by readers (like Was the Victorian Lord who was Rother's first Nathan's father or Was Harston pressed into duty at the House). Is this something you were already going to address or were you partly inspired by us?

• Like 3

I like that you answer a lot of the questions posed by readers (like Was the Victorian Lord who was Rother's first Nathan's father or Was Harston pressed into duty at the House). Is this something you were already going to address or were you partly inspired by us?

Most of this is already in the outline, but sometimes the readers questions have made me realize there are initial gaps I need to fill. I haven't changed the main story based on questions and suggestions, but I have made little adjustments. I like my story threads covered by the end.

So I say there are lots of avenues for you to follow with Nathan, now that he's aware of his husband's business, and you call me a perv? LMAO!

I can see where your mind is at, and it's getting crowded in here!

It's not what you say... it's how you say there are SOOO many options for Nathan to be involved in the family business. So yes, I get to call you a perv and maintain my more innocent status. :P

• Like 3

Here's a few more questions for you, Mann. You mention Harston helped Nathan dress in the morning. Did they do this in the bedroom with Rother snoring away in the bed? And how did Harston know he was wanted? Did Nathan pull a bell string? I assume he didn't go looking for Harston, unless he expected his valet to be standing outside the room. (and I hope poor Harston wasn't up half the night serving drinks, :) )

Edited by Timothy M.

I have a question too. What language do they speak in Francine? Is it just the same as in Victoria? I ask because from my own experience I know how difficult it is to live in a foreign country and not being able to express your feelings as you would do in your own language. It seems that the emotional connection to words in ones native tongue are often underestimated.  So if they are from different countries, is there the problem of subliminal variation of emotional associations even if they speak the same language? Oh, I am thinking much to complicated. I realized while writing it.

@tim Every good baedroom should have a bell.  :thumbup:

I have a question too. What language do they speak in Francine? Is it just the same as in Victoria? I ask because from my own experience I know how difficult it is to live in a foreign country and not being able to express your feelings as you would do in your own language. It seems that the emotional connection to words in ones native tongue are often underestimated.  So if they are from different countries, is there the problem of subliminal variation of emotional associations even if they speak the same language? Oh, I am thinking much to complicated. I realized while writing it.

I'll take a chance here: Nathan, Rother, and the top echelon staff are polyglots. The kid because of his education as a noble, the others because of their line of business. Francine could be like Vegas before every 7-11 became a gambling establishment, the place everyone from everywhere went to let their hair down. Of course, what happens in Francine stays locked away in the author's mind unless he decideds to share with us! :D

Here's a few more questions for you, Mann. You mention Harston helped Nathan dress in the morning. Did they do this in the bedroom with Rother snoring away in the bed? And how did Harston know he was wanted? Did Nathan pull a bell string? I assume he didn't go looking for Harston, unless he expected his valet to be standing outside the room. (and I hope poor Harston wasn't up half the night serving drinks, :) )

I have to admit this was a detail that wasn't critical to the story, so I hadn't really thought it out. Since Nathan didn't share that information, we have to assume it happened without incident. Perhaps when I revise the story I'll figure it out in further detail.

I'm going to assume that in my alternate world, there's one main language between these countries at least. Trying to add in the complexities of language variations and communication issues beyond what our cast already have is enough of a challenge. :)

• Like 2