The Alphabet Game

Just a refresher on the scene. :)

Scene: Two elderly men in the park complain about a group of teenagers some distance away
Letter: K

"Here you go boys! Go long! Longer! That's it, keep running!" Edward throws the football as far as he can, only to have it land in the middle of the park's large duck pond.

"Killjoy." Xavier uttered under his breath "Never mind settling this. That was my brother's football. He's gonna be pissed!"

Your turn to give us a scene and a letter. :)

• Site Moderator

Scene:  The local Dairy Queen has stayed open late to help their customers beat the heat. Mike and Jeff decide to head over.
Letter: L

"Luke's working at DQ. Want to go and see if he'll give us blizzards on the house? You know, since he likes you and all."
  • Like 2

"Maybe for me, but I don't know about you. The way you're always hanging on me people think we're dating rather than best friends. You might make Luke jealous."

"Well, the person I like is . . ." Jeff looked down at his lap, his hands clenched in fists in order to keep his fingers from fidgeting nervously. "I can't tell you. I'm sorry, I can't tell you Mike. I don't think you'd understand."

"You, Mike . . . I like you. And I know what you're going to say about how you thought I was straight, but you're the only one I want."

"But . . . Jeff, you should have told me a lot sooner."

PS: Thank you so much for playing this game with me, friends. :) When I get stuck in writing I just have to come here for a moment and write a few lines, and it seems to get me unstuck. it's sort of like responding to a prompt.

• Site Moderator

"Couldn't tell you what I didn't know myself. By the time I realized the truth, it was too late. You only had eyes for Luke"

PS: Hey, it's fun for us too. Glad you had this idea.

I couldn't produce a whole story, but these snippets are challenging.  :yes:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1