The Alphabet Game

Scene: Charlie and her father return to their home. The Father, Harry, calls for a family meeting to ask about last night.

Letter: F

"I did it for Mikie!" Everyone was shocked, most of all Sean. She continued with tears in her eyes, "The f*cking quarterback team was making disgusting comments about him... you know that I see Mikie as another brother, I was standing up for my family!" Seeing such a tough girl with tears in her eyes was jarring but she had to finish, "I wanted to punch that bastard in his f*ckin' face, but I wanted to be more devious, that is why I did what I did." With that she finally broke down crying.

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Scene: Charlie and her father return to their home. The Father, Harry, calls for a family meeting to ask about last night.

Letter: J

"Jeez Charlie, I don't know what to say, except thank you for looking out my boyfriend. " Sean uttered as he gazed at Charlie In awe.

Edited by Reader1810

Starting Letter: F

Letter: K

Knowing her daughter needed a shoulder to cry on, Charlie's mother embraced her, "It's okay darling, let it out... I am here for you," with that she kissed her on the forehead and stayed by her side as Charlie cried on. 

Edited by Drew Espinosa

Letter: L

Leaning on her mother's bosom, Charlie wanted to cry, but did not want anybody to see that side of her.  It would be too confusing: for people who knew her, but for the most part, Charlie was perplexed by her own inner feeling.  Why did she allow Mikie to partake so much of her life?  She loves girls, and Mikie was only a brother figure to her.  She tried to convince herself, it was only social justice she was administering.  It wasn't personal... like that.

Edited by Ashi
  • Like 2

Current Letter: M

"Maybe what you kids need is more structure," Charlie's father said with disdain. "The threat of military school never seemed to do anything, probably because you realized it was an empty one. Charlie, I think we should enroll you in a martial arts program."

Current Letter: N

"Not happening," it was clear that Charlie was disinterested, "I already know how to fight or have you forgotten when I kicked Miranda's ass last year?"

• Site Moderator

Current Letter: O

"Okay, I'll give you that, but she has two left feet and is the biggest klutz in town. What's going to happen against someone your own size or bigger?  Hmm?"

Current Letter: P

"Pfft..." Charlie spat. "Then I'll just kick harder."

• Like 1

Current Letter: Q

"Quiet down everyone," It seemed so effortless when Charlie's mom took control of the situation, "Sweetie, while I am proud of you for sticking up for your brother, I will remind you that violence is never the answer." With that, she turned to her husband with a hard look, "Right Harry?"

• Site Moderator

Current Letter: R

"Right dear. Listen to your mother Charlie. Violence is never the answer for solving one's problems."

• Site Moderator

Current Letter: T

"Told you, mom has dad wrapped around her little finger. Heck, wrapped around her whole hand!" snorted Charlie as she rolled her eyes knowingly.

Edited by Reader1810

Current Letter: U

"Ugh," Harry ran his fingers through his graying hair, "Your mother and I just want to present a united front, right Dear?"

Current Letter: V

"Victor, would you please bring me the calendar from the kitchen?" Charlie's mother asked of Charlie and Jeff's younger brother. He nodded and left the room. "Before he gets back, I have to know if your actions had anything to do with sex, Charlie."

Edited by Cynus
  • Site Moderator

Current Letter: W

"What! I can't believe you would ask me that after what happened last time!" Charlie snapped indignantly.

Current Letter: X

"Xena, Hercules, and She Nae Nae!"  Charlie's mom exclaimed, "that's not how you talk to your parents."  Then Charlie's mom gave Charlie and Jeff each a rubber covered in foil, causing everyone in the room to blush.

• Like 3

Current Letter: Y

"You've got to be kidding me. Now you're endorsing their sexual antics?" Charlie's father said in exasperation. He shook his head and then buried his face in his hands before muttering, "I thought we were together on this."

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Current Letter: Z

Zingers not being her forte, Janice stared at Harry and said "we are in this together. But, with the way things are today, it's better they be prepared. And, I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to hear the pitter patter of little feet just yet."

• Like 1

Current Letter: A

"Ah, mom?" Jeff wasn't sure how to go about this without embarrassing himself, but he bravely continued, "I really doubt Mike and I will have to worry about that," Jeff ended that with an awkward cough and a blush.

Current Letter: B

"Before anyone else embarrasses themselves, I just want to say that you know we love both of you, right?" Harry asked, looking between his two eldest children.

• Site Moderator

Current Letter: C

Choosing that moment, Victor returns from the kitchen. "So what did I miss?" he asks as he hands his mother the calendar before plopping himself into the nearest chair.

• 2 months later...

So... it's been a long time since this was last played. As a refresher, the story so far is in the spoiler box :)

Letter: F

"First of all, Charlotte, we need to discuss some rules." Harry scanned the room, meeting each family member in turn. His eyes settled on Sean, his eldest son, though he was the second-oldest child. Charlotte was the eldest at eighteen, and Sean had only recently turned sixteen. "We want to make sure this pattern of behavior doesn't continue."

"God Pop! It wasn't a big deal!" Charlie didn't look all to happy with this family meeting, but she continued with a sigh, "Fine! I'll tell you, last night I went to the school, broke into the gym, wrote "BASTARDS!" in spray paint across the floor, and may have torn apart the football team's jerseys... and broke some of their equipment." Charlie was blushing a bit when she finished and was unable to meet her family's flabbergasted eyes.

"How could you do such a thing!?! You were raised to know right from wrong, so you had better have a good explanation for your unaceptable behaviour, young lady." Harry tried not to shout at his daughter.

"I did it for Mikie!" Everyone was shocked, most of all Sean. She continued with tears in her eyes, "The f*cking quarterback team was making disgusting comments about him... you know that I see Mikie as another brother, I was standing up for my family!" Seeing such a tough girl with tears in her eyes was jarring but she had to finish, "I wanted to punch that bastard in his f*ckin' face, but I wanted to be more devious, that is why I did what I did." With that she finally broke down crying.

"Jeez Charlie, I don't know what to say, except thank you for looking out my boyfriend. " Sean uttered as he gazed at Charlie In awe.

Knowing her daughter needed a shoulder to cry on, Charlie's mother embraced her, "It's okay darling, let it out... I am here for you," with that she kissed her on the forehead and stayed by her side as Charlie cried on. 

Leaning on her mother's bosom, Charlie wanted to cry, but did not want anybody to see that side of her.  It would be too confusing: for people who knew her, but for the most part, Charlie was perplexed by her own inner feeling.  Why did she allow Mikie to partake so much of her life?  She loves girls, and Mikie was only a brother figure to her.  She tried to convince herself, it was only social justice she was administering.  It wasn't personal... like that.

"Maybe what you kids need is more structure," Charlie's father said with disdain. "The threat of military school never seemed to do anything, probably because you realized it was an empty one. Charlie, I think we should enroll you in a martial arts program."

"Not happening," it was clear that Charlie was disinterested, "I already know how to fight or have you forgotten when I kicked Miranda's ass last year?"

"Okay, I'll give you that, but she has two left feet and is the biggest klutz in town. What's going to happen against someone your own size or bigger?  Hmm?"

"Pfft..." Charlie spat. "Then I'll just kick harder."

"Quiet down everyone," It seemed so effortless when Charlie's mom took control of the situation, "Sweetie, while I am proud of you for sticking up for your brother, I will remind you that violence is never the answer." With that, she turned to her husband with a hard look, "Right Harry?"

"Right dear. Listen to your mother Charlie. Violence is never the answer for solving one's problems."

Snickers were shared between Charlie and Jeff over their dad's quick reply.

"Told you, mom has dad wrapped around her little finger. Heck, wrapped around her whole hand!" snorted Charlie as she rolled her eyes knowingly.

"Ugh," Harry ran his fingers through his graying hair, "Your mother and I just want to present a united front, right Dear?"

"Victor, would you please bring me the calendar from the kitchen?" Charlie's mother asked of Charlie and Jeff's younger brother. He nodded and left the room. "Before he gets back, I have to know if your actions had anything to do with sex, Charlie."

"What! I can't believe you would ask me that after what happened last time!" Charlie snapped indignantly.

"Xena, Hercules, and She Nae Nae!"  Charlie's mom exclaimed, "that's not how you talk to your parents."  Then Charlie's mom gave Charlie and Jeff each a rubber covered in foil, causing everyone in the room to blush.

"You've got to be kidding me. Now you're endorsing their sexual antics?" Charlie's father said in exasperation. He shook his head and then buried his face in his hands before muttering, "I thought we were together on this."

Zingers not being her forte, Janice stared at Harry and said "we are in this together. But, with the way things are today, it's better they be prepared. And, I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to hear the pitter patter of little feet just yet."

"Ah, mom?" Jeff wasn't sure how to go about this without embarrassing himself, but he bravely continued, "I really doubt Mike and I will have to worry about that," Jeff ended that with an awkward cough and a blush.

"Before anyone else embarrasses themselves, I just want to say that you know we love both of you, right?" Harry asked, looking between his two eldest children.

Choosing that moment, Victor returns from the kitchen. "So what did I miss?" he asks as he hands his mother the calendar before plopping himself into the nearest chair.

Current Letter: D

"Don't worry about it dear." With a smirk, Janice continued, "Then again... maybe your father and I should give you the talk again."

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Current Letter: E

"Erm no, let's not go through that again." said Charlie as she squirmed uncomfortably in her seat.

Edited by Reader1810

Final Letter: F

"Fine," Janice let out a sigh, "I think this family meeting is finished, so y'all can go". With looks of relief, the three kids went off to their rooms.

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • 1 month later...