That was scary, even if we knew he'd make it - otherwise no story. Great first chapter, and Liam made another good choice at the end. For now at least...

Thank you, Tim.  I knew this would be a surprise for the readers, but I hope it wasn't too disturbing for people. 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Thank you, Tim.  I knew this would be a surprise for the readers, but I hope it wasn't too disturbing for people. 

I forgot to mention in my review that I thought Liam might end up making the acquaintance -  I mean, there had to be a silver lining here somewhere, right? - of a hunky firefighter, but maybe not.

Then again, there's still time though for said hunky firefighter to stop by to see how Liam's doing....

• Like 2

I forgot to mention in my review that I thought Liam might end up making the acquaintance -  I mean, there had to be a silver lining here somewhere, right? - of a hunky firefighter, but maybe not.

Then again, there's still time though for said hunky firefighter to stop by to see how Liam's doing....

lol  you never know what could happen.  The world is Liam's oyster at this point. 

Lit, I really love the title Choices. :) It fits so well with Alek and Liam. From the prologue and first chapter, I can see the choices these two men will face. With Alek, he'll have to choose whether or not to continue being in the closet. With Liam, he'll have to choose whether or not he wants to give a relationship with Alek another chance

These will make for some interesting dilemmas for them. It's clear that Alek wants to continue living on the straight and narrow (literally :lol:) as seen by him dating a woman. Despite that, he still loves Liam. So, it will be interesting to see his journey in this story as he experiences a tug-of-war between the expectations of his very traditional family and the love he holds for his former boyfriend.

For Liam, it was clear from Unforgivable that being in a secret relationship not only strained him but the very relationship he had with Alek. And I can see him facing a choice in either getting back together with Alek, or letting him go and moving on. And who knows, maybe Liam will meet another man who is open about his sexuality, therefore Liam's choice will be whether to be in an out relationship with this new man, or once again be in a secret relationship with Alek.

Anyways, I am really looking forward to next Thursday! :D

• Like 4

Lit, I really love the title Choices. :) It fits so well with Alek and Liam. From the prologue and first chapter, I can see the choices these two men will face. With Alek, he'll have to choose whether or not to continue being in the closet. With Liam, he'll have to choose whether or not he wants to give a relationship with Alek another chance

These will make for some interesting dilemmas for them. It's clear that Alek wants to continue living on the straight and narrow (literally :lol:) as seen by him dating a woman. Despite that, he still loves Liam. So, it will be interesting to see his journey in this story as he experiences a tug-of-war between the expectations of his very traditional family and the love he holds for his former boyfriend.

For Liam, it was clear from Unforgivable that being in a secret relationship not only strained him but the very relationship he had with Alek. And I can see him facing a choice in either getting back together with Alek, or letting him go and moving on. And who knows, maybe Liam will meet another man who is open about his sexuality, therefore Liam's choice will be whether to be in an out relationship with this new man, or once again be in a secret relationship with Alek.

Anyways, I am really looking forward to next Thursday! :D

Thank you, Drew!  I'm thrilled you're enjoying the story so far.  It took me a while to come up with a title for this story and Choices came to me the day I sent the prologue to Gary to edit.  It just seemed to fit.  :)

• Like 3

You can like it now, if you want. I'm past the hump and aiming for 9999 next. :lol:

Sorry about hijacking your topic, LL. You were the one to give me no 8888 :kiss:

lol no problem, Tim.  The conversation made me giggle.  I'm happy you got your 8888

• Like 1

Thank you, Drew!  I'm thrilled you're enjoying the story so far.  It took me a while to come up with a title for this story and Choices came to me the day I sent the prologue to Gary to edit.  It just seemed to fit.   :)

Choices was the perfect title. :yes: Maybe having Gary as your editor rubbed off on you, he always does great titles.

• Like 2

You know, I suspect both Alek and Liam to go back and forth on the choices they will make... and I think that will cause some really great rants in future reviews.

I'm totally looking forward to reading Tim's reviews. ;)

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 4

You know, I suspect both Alek and Liam to go back and forth on the choices they will make... and I think that will cause some really great rants in future reviews.

haha rants can be fun.  :yes:

• Like 2

haha rants can be fun.   :yes:

I'll do my best to rant appropriately. :D

• Like 2

I'm just excited you're posting a story again LL. I was looking forward to seeing Liam's story unfold, and so far we've got capital D Drama. And a crazy car accident in chapter 1. Thanks for reinforcing my point about not driving on ice :D

• Like 3

I'm just excited you're posting a story again LL. I was looking forward to seeing Liam's story unfold, and so far we've got capital D Drama. And a crazy car accident in chapter 1. Thanks for reinforcing my point about not driving on ice :D

It's amazing how many people drive like it's the middle of summer when the roads are icy.  I see it happen way too often.  

It took a while to find the time to devote to writing again, but I'm happy to be posting again as well.  Liam's been driving me crazy wanting to get his story written.  :)

• Like 3