Looking Back And Looking Forward

Drew Espinosa

• Site Moderator

Looking back, what was 2015 like for you and what do you look forward to in 2016? :)

Okay, I was going to add what this year was like for me,but it got too long, so I'm gonna save that for a blog. I'll just summarize what I'm looking forward to next year. Namely...

I'll turn 21!!! :D

Another, is that during the summer, my family and I will be visiting relatives in Mexico for the first time in almost ten years. It'll also be my first time flying, and I have no idea if I'll be scared or excited when the plane takes off, lol.

Oh! And, this year will mean I'll get my Associates, and I'll be transferring to a University! so, yay!

Lastly, Happy New Years everyone! :hug:

Lots of good things for you in 2016 Drew so congrats for that. :D

As for flying, my vote is for your being excited. :thumbup:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

For me things have been on a long slow upswing. I was treated for breast cancer at the tag end of 2012 and into the spring of 2013. Has been a long slow road but 2015 finally saw me getting back to what I call normal. My strength and stamina have finally improved to where i am not afraid to take on things like all day at the Renfaire. 2015 also brought me a new family comprised of my GA friends.

2016 will be a fantastic year since I now have friends I didn't have before, have my health back, my business is growing, and we bought a second horse. I am a pretty happy camper!

• Like 5

For me things have been on a long slow upswing. I was treated for.....pretty happy camper!

Oh so sad to here you have gone such a bad phase. I have friend who has been through Cancer, and I think I helped him as a oral support when he felt too low. I know how it felt, through my friend; I hope you have family and friends with you who cared for you on such time.

Looking back, what was 2015 like for you and what do you look forward to in 2016? :)

Lastly, Happy New Years everyone! :hug:

Coming to 2015 is another disaster for me. But one thing that I'll remember was I proposed(love proposal) to My so called boyfriend. he was all like, I don't care and I am straight. And gone all romantic on me as I never expected. And I caught him doing 'you-know-what' with another boy. I just clashed.

Haven't got proper job, my parents are not proud of me, friends got away and so on and so on.

But guys I got all of you on GA. This is the Most important another reason I am gonna remember this year. Love you all...

Coming to future plans, I have no plans in particular. I'll just let that part to God plan for me... :lol:

Drew: All the very best for your future plans.

Happy New Year in Advance to All

Edited by The Eminent MGK
  • Like 1

Well in the past year, I gave up two high paying jobs, one as an assistant Controller and the other as an Accounting Manager, to find a better balance in my life. I am now just an Non-profit accountant in charge of finances for production and selling of products and services for people with disabilities. I live a simpler life.

I've actually begun writing a real story with a clear beginning and ending. 0's and 1's might be my long desired epic. I am grateful for all the readers that have gone in to this story with me.

Finally, I am no longer hunting for a boyfriend, if he is out there, we will find one another, if not, then I am just going to be alone. It's hard to find a gay man that will accept your imperfections, its another thing to find a gay man who can accept that you are legally blind and he doesn't become overly protective or overly obnoxious.

That's 2015, I don't know what 2016 will bring, but I hope to face it with renewed energy.

• Like 4

Drew, it sounds like you have an amazing 2016 headed your way. I hope that it is as wonderful as you want it to be.

2015 was a bit of a weird year for me, but I'm glad that everything happened the way it did. I graduated with a second university degree in 2015, experienced love and watched it all burn away, and now I'm looking to put my life back together for myself and not for anyone else. I also got my first book published, and while sales are not going as well as I'd like, I'll be pushing even harder in the new year to make sure that things get going on that front. 2015 gave me something that I'm eternally grateful for; clarity. It gave me a chance to see what I really want for myself and to start planning for it,

In 2016, I'm looking forward to actually putting a coherent plan together for my life. I want to know that each step, each thing that I do has a correlation with what I want for myself and has a purpose beyond simply being a fun distraction. I'm going to enjoy the time left to me on the public boards I serve on, and I'm going to be even more vocal than before about the things that are important to me.

• Like 2

Well in the past year, I gave up two high paying jobs, one as an assistant Controller and the other as an Accounting Manager, to find a better balance in my life. I am now just an Non-profit accountant in charge of finances for production and selling of products and services for people with disabilities. I live a simpler life.

I've actually begun writing a real story with a clear beginning and ending. 0's and 1's might be my long desired epic. I am grateful for all the readers that have gone in to this story with me.

Finally, I am no longer hunting for a boyfriend, if he is out there, we will find one another, if not, then I am just going to be alone. It's hard to find a gay man that will accept your imperfections, its another thing to find a gay man who can accept that you are legally blind and he doesn't become overly protective or overly obnoxious.

That's 2015, I don't know what 2016 will bring, but I hope to face it with renewed energy.

W_L, I'm not sure I'd describe you as 'just' anything. Lots of people downsize their lives, from their job to their homes. Sounds like your job is necessary and is part of something good. A simple life isn't a bad thing. The best thing is you seem to know what you want. A lot of people would be afraid to make those changes in their lives. Money isn't everything.

I hope you run into the right guy. I'd expect him to be over-protective at first, until you show him you don't need him to be. I know I'd be if my boyfriend had a disability, I'd want to look after him and protect him. But I'd eventually learn that he's capable and doesn't need me to do that. 

Wish you all the best W_L.

tim

• Like 4

For me things have been on a long slow upswing. I was treated for breast cancer at the tag end of 2012 and into the spring of 2013. Has been a long slow road but 2015 finally saw me getting back to what I call normal. My strength and stamina have finally improved to where i am not afraid to take on things like all day at the Renfaire. 2015 also brought me a new family comprised of my GA friends.

2016 will be a fantastic year since I now have friends I didn't have before, have my health back, my business is growing, and we bought a second horse. I am a pretty happy camper!

Great to hear that you're recovering so well, Kitt. I have an outsiders understanding of what it must have been like because my sister is about to have her sixth chemo infusion for BC, and I know how much it's clobbering her.

What a battle you've fought and won.

@Kitt totally understand what you went through my sister in law went through the same thing, but she was diagnosed three weeks after having a C section - so she was like the walking dead for about a year, including taking care of my nephew :)

2015 was a bit of a rough year for me, I did a research degree which i'm very proud of, lost a relationship which was sad, had one or two hilaraiously disastarous dates and made quite a few new online friends. Add in the fact I was part of a theatre company for most of the year who fired me, meaning I was isolated from alot of the friends I had made. Not a nice year.

However, 2016 will be fabulous. I'm aiming to meet new people, get to know people i work with a bit better (theyre a bit isolating where I work so i think i might just throw myself in there,  i dont know they seem a bit eh, but thats another story). And most of all, in October I start my Doctorate :D So 2016 = year of change I hope xD   Plus shifting a few pounds would be nice... lol

Happy New Year Everyone :) Hope you all have a good year :) 

I guess the major thing for me 2015 was that I finally got married. After 22 years and two kids, it wasn't unexpected but I was surprised to realise it did make me tear up a little and now things feel quite different. It's nice to realise how much we matter to each other. All too easy to forget during everyday life.

Work wise we went through the third major reorganisation in two years. Put me through some tough challenges as head of my unit.

The most fun change was in August when I finally dared to take the leap from reader to writer and publish my first ever attempt at writing for other people to actually see. Very scary and very much fun. I can still remember that high when all the nice people here left reviews and encouraging words.

I've also met so many interesting, intelligent and nice people here, whereof one I consider a very close friend now. I've learned much about myself and that is very valuable both for work, my relationship and writing. For someone who doesn't make real friends all that often that is an amazing feeling for me.

2016? I hope I can continue to evolve and grow, especially in my writing. I've already noticed how my vocabulary has grown at a break neck speed, a great side effect from reading all the good stories in here.

So I'd better end here or I'll go on and on! Just know that you guys are the best! Funny, questioning but always supportive.

Happy New Year!

• Like 1