[Lugh] Erebi Seeking -- Love it or Hate it

What I love about Jiovani is how he took a sacrafice(doing Hunters job in chapter one) and turned it into a growing sort of experience. I really don't want him to join the guild, and I really want him to be with Micah. My problem is, the way you ended the last chapter, I don't know where you should take it. Everything seems soooo tragic in his life right now. So, I cant wait for an update :)

From a literary critic's point of view, I think it's well-written and definitely unique -- something which is unusual (and nice) to find in the genre of online gay fiction. One could also see many autobiographical elements in the psyche of the main character.

From a personal point of view, it makes me horny! lol 0:)

Hi I think the best I can say is my partner loves stories like this but rarely gets me to read them. You have sucked me in wonderfully with Jiovanni and his wanting to help yet finding things he can't and doesn't want to control. I have been resisting asking for more over the last few days when i have been putting toes in the chat and seeing you. Good luck with the block but a strong vote to carry on. Pax Steve

Ok so just finished the first chapter and I'm sure i will get updated very soon, I just wanted to give my thoughts after the initial chapter.

I really like this story, it is different from most things you see and whilst not everything is explained in detail you gain a genral understanding of what things mean and you can tell most things wil get explained as the story progresses. I like the idea of Jiovanni being a willing if underage slave of sorts, I like even more that Micah seems to be falling for him as this gives plenty of oppurtunity for some angst.

I like the characters so far, it is good to get an initial insight to the whole family to get a good picture built up an dit will be interesting to read more about each character and see them develop.

The story flows nicely even though it is a little jumpy between characters, but that works well and the writing is done well too, i like the imagery you create with your words.

Oh and the sex was great :D

WIll enjoy reading the rest now :)

I started reading this tonight and was immediately hooked. I have only just finished the third chapter, so I haven't read anyone else's comments lest they reveal anything I don't yet know. But I love the way you have written this. I like how you go from one character's point of view to another. I love how you have developed the characters. They are very real. Your attention to detail is wonderful. You paint images with your words and everything is easily seen, even though you don't use a lot of descriptive language. It really is wonderful and I find myself wanting to hurry on to the next chapter--but at the same time wanting to postpone it since I know when I reach the end of what you have written, I will be wanting more.

Well, I think I already told you this Lugh, but at first I didn't read it because your first announcement said it wasn't for the faint of heart or something similiar, but then I heard a few people talking about it and I decided I would try it out, not ever having read anything else of that... genre we'll say, but now I am so hooked! I'm definitely in the LOVE IT category, and not just cause I luv ya either :P It's really like a whole different world in your story and I want so badly for things to work out for the young men in it.

Thanks for writing and sharing it with us.

is it bad to let your insecurities show?

I'm scared I'm going to mess this up now.... sighs... ok I'll be all right.. really I will. promise.

It's good to let your insecurities show, grasshopper.

You may think that by doing so, you're opening yourself up to get hurt, when actually you're opening yourself up to let people who can help you and accompany you on your path in life.

:D

Um....I was just thinking. Maybe you should do what Dom does and not read the discussions until the story's over so that you arent influenced....well, unless you want to be. :)

I am currently under strict orders to keep this board active.... so until you guys (and gals) are doing that on your own you are stuck with me!

Guest petruck

I loved Erebi Seeking when I read the first draft beginning nearly a year ago, and I love what you have done with the characters since then. (Even love Jove's name change.. :P ) Keep going hon! :2thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Your latest chapter was great, just like the other chapters. The scene in Juvie was very good. It gave more of a look at what the "seeking" is. What I really liked about this chapter is the way it felt like it was building, tension, pace. Maybe that was just me and my reaction to what was going on, but it made me want to bang my head on my desk when I got to the end. Kept looking at the little bar on the right side of the screen and seeing it move closer and closer to the bottom. I wanted to whine when it got within an inch. I definitely wanted to read more. BUT, I like where you left it. It was at a perfect point. Feels like a breath being held. *laughs* Ok, maybe that is also me. But really, I love this story. It's wonderful and different and I love the format you are using and how you reveal your characters a little bit at a time.

Great writing, Lugh.

I think I fall into the following category:

Love it - can't do without it - I know you just posted but where's the next chapter?

I hope I was clear. :D:2thumbs::devil:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Hi Lugh:

Like the others who have posted, I'm hooked! I agree with everyone. It's really nice to see a different type of story. Erebi Seeking is definitely unique!

As a rabid fantasy fan I'm enjoying this tremendously. The complexity of the storyline is captivating. The character development is really well done.

And of course I get horny as all shit when I read it! LOL.

Keep going bud. It's really worth the read. I know writing is hard (as I'm experiencing myself these days), but you have to keep going! Your fans await you!

Writer's Block? LOL - sometimes that can last a week for me. So I understand.

Talk about your insecurities? Sure - no worries. We'll listen and reassure you. That's why these forums are for.

So keep going. I love it!

Yours,

Centaur :great:

Your latest chapter was great, just like the other chapters. The scene in Juvie was very good. It gave more of a look at what the "seeking" is. What I really liked about this chapter is the way it felt like it was building, tension, pace. Maybe that was just me and my reaction to what was going on, but it made me want to bang my head on my desk when I got to the end. Kept looking at the little bar on the right side of the screen and seeing it move closer and closer to the bottom. I wanted to whine when it got within an inch. I definitely wanted to read more. BUT, I like where you left it. It was at a perfect point. Feels like a breath being held. *laughs* Ok, maybe that is also me. But really, I love this story. It's wonderful and different and I love the format you are using and how you reveal your characters a little bit at a time.

Great writing, Lugh.

Thanks Luc :hug: I'm really glad you love it. Yes the tension, pace, and all those other technical terms are supposed to be building at this point as we race toward multiple climaxes.... but the story just keeps coming and coming and I don't want it to end (weeps).

I think I fall into the following category:

Love it - can't do without it - I know you just posted but where's the next chapter?

I hope I was clear. :D:2thumbs::devil:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Yes, Conner, quite clear, thank you.

Hi Lugh:

Like the others who have posted, I'm hooked! I agree with everyone. It's really nice to see a different type of story. Erebi Seeking is definitely unique!

As a rabid fantasy fan I'm enjoying this tremendously. The complexity of the storyline is captivating. The character development is really well done.

And of course I get horny as all shit when I read it! LOL.

Keep going bud. It's really worth the read. I know writing is hard (as I'm experiencing myself these days), but you have to keep going! Your fans await you!

Writer's Block? LOL - sometimes that can last a week for me. So I understand.

Talk about your insecurities? Sure - no worries. We'll listen and reassure you. That's why these forums are for.

So keep going. I love it!

Yours,

Centaur :great:

Thank you Centaur. Yes the writers block is hell.... I try to post something every two weeks... most the time I manage.

I just wanted to thank all of you for your support even those of you who haven't gathered the courage to post yet. Thank you.

Lugh

You know what I like most about it (other than everything)? The way it makes me get an anxious feeling in my stomach. As I am reading and processing the significance of what is going on, my stomach gets that little anxious cramp because I can just feel that things are complicated and there is nothing that is going to go smoothly. And that is wonderful.

I agree with Luc completely. I always get that anxious feeling in my stomach when I read Lugh's writing. That's what he does - he keeps us on edge. He's VERY good at it.

Centaur

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lugh!

Thanks for giving me the link to your story during our chat the other night! It took me a little bit to get into it, but you've officially gotten me hooked. All the new terms early on were really confusing, but they're starting to make sense now and I'm sure they'll all clear up as the story continues.

I read the the first chapter last week after our chat, and chapter 2 the night after that. Once I hit chapter 3, I ended up staying up until 2am that night to finish what you've got so far!

I had a Creative Writing professor in college who always told us, "Writers are cruel!" The way you've got all the kids separated at a time when they really need to be together certainly fits that bill. I can't wait to see what happens next -- especially with Jove and Micah.

Thank you so much for an excellent, well-written story!

Wes