Editor and beta lists

Timothy M.
Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Question

I finally managed to find the list of Editors and Betas, in order to see how many stories I'd edited on GA so far. Congrats to @Kitt for being the busiest editor with 115 stories, btw.

My question is whether it's possible to generate a list of the stories I've edited. Mostly for my own interest, because I'm losing track of them, but I can also see a site value. If someone wanted to ask another member to edit or betaread, it might be useful to see what they have edited/betaed before.

The list could either pop up on the main editor list https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/editors/ or be a separate page on my profile. Or it could be a choice in the Activity Stream: Stories I've edited / betaed.

No big need, but if you ever run out of other ideas for site improvement, it would be cool to have. :lol: 

• Like 4

14 answers to this question

• Site Administrator
  • Solution
3 minutes ago, Kitt said:

You guys may find it helpful to know you need to put your own member number in the address bar.  If you don't know it, click your profile. It comes up in the address bar there!

Just go to the Editors list:

https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/editors/

Then click on your own name.  Yes, you can type your member number in the link I gave above for Tim... but that's hard for a lot of people.

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, Myr said:

Um... Just click your name on the editor list. 

Ohhhh, magic  :worship: 

( :facepalm: did everyone else know you could do that ?)

PS it would be nice if we could sort the list by author and not just title.

Edited by Timothy M.
more demands, lol
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Ohhhh, magic  :worship: 

( :facepalm: did everyone else know you could do that ?)

Yes I did. If you click on your name on someone else’s profile that has you listed as editor, or beta... your stories appear that way too.Never mind, I forgot that’s your story list.

Edited by BlindAmbition
  • Like 3
  • Site Administrator
4 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

4 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

I forgot that’s your story list.

I assure you both that I'm busy enough and I'm not looking for new things.  There is no need to coordinate and tag team requests. :P

That said, we do have a new update for Stories being worked on right now that specifically addresses Sorting and Filtering of content and this request was included at the start of that project.  I'll also add some more instructions about the Editors listing of stories and Beta Reader's listing of stories be a bit easier to find.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You guys may find it helpful to know you need to put your own member number in the address bar.  If you don't know it, click your profile. It comes up in the address bar there!

• Like 4

Yeah, I clicked on Kitt and @Lisa 's names too, in order to see their lists. Works great.

And i noticed you got the Sort by options sorted out. ;) 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Myr said:

I assure you both that I'm busy enough and I'm not looking for new things.  There is no need to coordinate and tag team requests. :P

That said, we do have a new update for Stories being worked on right now that specifically addresses Sorting and Filtering of content and this request was included at the start of that project.  I'll also add some more instructions about the Editors listing of stories and Beta Reader's listing of stories be a bit easier to find.

I like to keep you on your toes. Thanks for checking on emoticons. Your tireless work is noticed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Well gee, I didn’t make either list, and I am listed as editor on one story and beta reader for a few... :( 

found you here,  Reader: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/betareaders/?page=6

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Ashi
      The Scandalous Affair of His Honorable Beofred of Chauserley is a very light and fluffy RomCom which I spent relatively very little time writing (I watched way too many British dramas, so the dialogues come naturally).  I am hoping if there are people who are interested in beta and editing such story.  Someone who is very well-versed in Jane Austen type of language (Regency English) is preferred as the editor.  Beta reader doesn't need to be, as I want to see if the language is too confusing to general audience or not.
      Right now there is only one (10-page) chapter, with rough idea of a second chapter.  It's kind of soapy at this point, with potential to serialize.  I will only write more if there are interests.
      The story is not super serious historical fiction, but I did a little bit of research, particularly on costume accuracy and hierarchy of peerage and service staff (think Downton Abbey).  It's something I write to take my mind off my other project, so some details might be a little anachronistic.  People's names are intentionally corrupt and funny (MC is called Beofred.  Beo from Beowulf to mean intelligent, and -fred suffix to mean peaceful ruler).  The story is more accurately described as a generic fantasy setting, but the characters happened to be speaking and dressed up appropriately to the Regency Period.  It is not meant to be 100% historically accurate.
      There will be some reference to Austen stories (particularly Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion), Vanity Fair, and Othello (which I know..., is Shakespearean, not Regency).  Any resemblance of Jane Austen characters, Becky Sharp, and Iago is ABSOLUTELY INTENTIONAL.  LOL  It is a parody after all.
      There is no graphic depiction of sex "in front of the screen."  Main character happens to be gay and his parents don't give a flick about it, but somehow everything is still blown out of proportion big deal.  LOL
      Please consider joining the team.  If you know someone who might be interested, please let them know as well.  (*curtsy*)

• By LJCC
      I'm looking for a beta reader or an editor for my story
    • By Drew Payne
      I am halfway through a novella about coming out, set in the present day. I’m planning on it being twenty chapters long and I’ve already written the first ten chapters. It’s about 31,000 words long so far.
      I was planning on publishing here a chapter a week, and starting publishing it now will really push me to finish writing it.
      I am dyslexic and often make very simple or silly spelling mistakes, and that is one of the reasons I need an editor.
      Examples of my writing can be read here:

I have worked with editors on GA before, and have regularly worked with editors on other publications and websites. I do not mind how I receive the feedback but I am used to using the Track Changes function on Word.
      Naturally, I would credit you as editor when I post the story on GA.
      Yours,
      Drew
    • By Stannie
      Heya guys, 
      I made a post on the lounge forum before I notices there is a specific forum for this, so that's why I'm also posting it here. 
      Recently, I started writing another story. As English isn't my native language, I often struggle with the sentences and stylistic choices. I don't want my story to be full of mistakes, that's why I'm looking for an editor. Even though I'd love to have someone who can get rid of all those mistakes ( believe me, there are a lot), I'm also looking for someone who could look at my style and give feedback on how to improve. Just looking at whether sentences feel/sound right and maybe offering alternatives on how to phrase it. 
      Thing is, I feel like I am somewhat proficient in the language, but this is on a communicative level. When writing and especially when describing things in stories, just getting across the message in a plain and easy way doesn't suffice. You often want the sentences to sound right. You want to create an image for the reader. That's my struggle and I hope someone could help me with this.
      As for the story, I'm quite happy about it (story-wise), but I always appreciate feedback on that level as well. Things like how a character feels, what you miss in them or what you think is too prominent. Whether you like the things that are happening etc. Just general feedback. 
      In the end I want to improve my writings, so any feedback is welcome. I love learning, so knock yourself out! 
      So, if you want to consider helping, let me know. You can have a look at the first (two) chapter(s) and decide whether you feel the story or not. 

A short synopsis of the story Police Trouble (name under review):
      Jake (16) is the son of the local police captain. Lately he's been failing some classes, so his dad ordered him to come to the station after school every day so he can do his homework in peace and supervised. Jake didn't like this at all, as it meant he couldn't go out with his friends, but was grounded instead. His relationship with his dad isn't really good anyway. Dad is always trying to keep his son on the right track, everything has to go according to the rules, which only works counter-productive. Their relationship is one of constantly challenging each other on a verbal level through banter. (this means that on the one hand I'm trying to show the struggles within the family and with Jake being a teenager, ready to leave the nest, but also the way his parents care for him, even though he himself doesn't see this all the time).
      At the precinct, Jake sees a boy his age being brought in. Apparently, this guy is a regular. Jake is doing his homework when the guy is being transferred to a holding cell. The guys - Brian - sees Jake and smiles at him. It's a mysterious or maybe even a creepy smile, resulting in Jake wanting to find out what's behind that. He wants to know what the story of this boy is, why he is regularly arrested, what he'd been through. In short, he is on the verge of becoming obsessed. 
      These are going to be the two main topics in the story. 

Thanks for reading,
      Stannie

Ps, there is no rush. I don't need someone to be able to edit within a few days. I  write irregularly, so I don't mind if editing takes a week or longer. 
    • By Timothy M.
      What determines the order in which editors and beta readers are listed in stories ? It's not the order in which you add them, nor is it alphabetical order. Is it by the seniority of the GA member (the date they joined) ?
      In my Anthology stories I usually have two editors listed, because I want to credit both my primary editor and the Anthology Team editor. However, they don't end up in the order I list them, and I'm wondering why.
      You can see an example in this story and also in my contribution for Snapped. Is there any way to set the story system so the listing order becomes the one we enter ?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..