Forbidden Love Flash Fiction Challenge

• Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

So today is the big day, right ? Or at least it will be when Cia wakes up. :lol: 

Fingers crossed for our stories appearing on the New Stories lists.

:yes:  :D 

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Have you tried looking at the bottom of your activity list ? My Forbidden Love Challenge story is listed on mine as posted January 1st 1970. :lmao: 

Hmm... I'm having trouble viewing my activity stream.  :unsure:  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Valkyrie said:

Hmm... I'm having trouble viewing my activity stream.  :unsure:  

Do you go to your profile, click See their activity and press >> to go to the end ? Or do you access another way ?

I've taken a screen shot to document it, just for the fun of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Administrator
3 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Do you go to your profile, click See their activity and press >> to go to the end ? Or do you access another way ?

I've taken a screen shot to document it, just for the fun of it.

I was looking at my activity stream.. didn't realize I could access it from my profile like that. :D  My story chapter posted December 31, 1969 :rofl: Two years before I was born... damn, I'm good! :rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

My story chapter posted December 31, 1969 :rofl: Two years before I was born... damn, I'm good! :rofl: 

:rofl:  I was six years old when mine posted. Talk about precocious. :lol:  

Did you take a screen shot ? If everyone do it, we could show them here afterwards, and see who 'posted' first. :gikkle: 

Hey, I just realized: another 12 posts and I'm at 7777 posts. :2thumbs:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

:rofl:  I was six years old when mine posted. Talk about precocious. :lol:  

Did you take a screen shot ? If everyone do it, we could show them here afterwards, and see who 'posted' first. :gikkle: 

:gikkle:  Yes, I did.  That would be funny to see.  Maybe it's a different day in order of who sent them to Cia first?

:off:And slightly off topic, I thought it was interesting to see that my first comment on site was for one of Viv's stories.  I wish I had realized that when I promoted her stories for the Classic Author feature on the blog. :facepalm: 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

:gikkle:  Yes, I did.  That would be funny to see.  Maybe it's a different day in order of who sent them to Cia first?

:off:And slightly off topic, I thought it was interesting to see that my first comment on site was for one of Viv's stories.  I wish I had realized that when I promoted her stories for the Classic Author feature on the blog. :facepalm: 

Good point - I sent the link to my story to Cia on January 29th, right after I uploaded it. But you uploaded much later right ?

:off: My first post was a comment on podga's story All That Matters, which is only fair, since he's the one who introduced me to GA. I think I'll have to write a review for it.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
10 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Good point - I sent the link to my story to Cia on January 29th, right after I uploaded it. But you uploaded much later right ?

:off: My first post was a comment on podga's story All That Matters, which is only fair, since he's the one who introduced me to GA. I think I'll have to write a review for it.

Yes, I uploaded it a few days before the deadline.  

And I followed Rob Colton here, but one of his stories was the second one I commented on... is it strange I feel guilty for that?  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Administrator

All the stories I received links for are now live and the newsletter is about to go out! Thank you to everyone who participated!

On another note, I posted all the stories, with BHopper's last. His is the only one I see in the announcement's (he posted his first, way back in January). I see in comments above that some of you guys have wonky dates on your stories that you saw. Show of hands (snickers), who edited their stories after they posted it unpublished? That's often the cause of that problem. Otherwise, I need you guys to post here exactly how you posted your chapter (I used such and such browser on this type of device, I unchecked the published boxes on Step 2 and 5 for the story and chapter, I did or did not do anything after I saved the story. I'll pass this along to the techies and see if they can identify exactly what is happening. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

My story now says the correct time and date of today, so I assume it was only while it was waiting for publication that it had the funny date. Also I can see all of them in the New Stories list, so no problem there either. But only Bhopper2's story is in the Latest story update list on the right hand side of the forum and story main pages. :(  I got a notification for Puppilull's story, though.

I think I did edit the story once but it happened almost immediately after I had uploaded it, because I spotted a mistake when going through it. I certainly unchecked publish for both story and chapter (and they were still unchecked after editing). I uploaded on the 29th of January in Google Chrome on my laptop.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator
58 minutes ago, Cia said:

All the stories I received links for are now live and the newsletter is about to go out! Thank you to everyone who participated!

On another note, I posted all the stories, with BHopper's last. His is the only one I see in the announcement's (he posted his first, way back in January). I see in comments above that some of you guys have wonky dates on your stories that you saw. Show of hands (snickers), who edited their stories after they posted it unpublished? That's often the cause of that problem. Otherwise, I need you guys to post here exactly how you posted your chapter (I used such and such browser on this type of device, I unchecked the published boxes on Step 2 and 5 for the story and chapter, I did or did not do anything after I saved the story. I'll pass this along to the techies and see if they can identify exactly what is happening. 

I posted my story using Google Chrome on an HP Ultrabook laptop.  I unchecked "publish immediately", for the chapter and then 'save'.  I did not post date it or edit it after saving it.  

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

No. AJ is manually fixing everything for us. But we really have to come up with a way to remind authors that they cannot edit unpublished works. It doesn't matter how soon after you save it, you cannot reopen the work to edit it and not screw up the announcement time. We have a lot of bugs we're still working through, and this is one that can easily be prevented so it's not as much of a priority. We're considering ways of trying to share this information with authors so everyone is aware for future events. 

• Like 4

I posted mine using Google Chrome on a Dell laptop.. I unchecked publish immediately, and didn’t do any editing after saving. 

I checked with Cia about an issue I was having but I managed fix it all prior to saving and then posting. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Cia said:

But we really have to come up with a way to remind authors that they cannot edit unpublished works. 

:blink: I thought it was only postdated chapters we couldn't edit ?  We all know about those.

It makes it a lot tougher, if we can't edit unpublished chapters, because sometimes something goes wrong when you upload it. In my case I think it was extra lines in the story description which needed fixing. 

And since it also went wrong for non-edited stories like Val's and Def's, it can't be the only cause.

Anyway, I don't mind my story not being visible in the side list, since it's in the New stories list on the main story page.  :) 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Site Administrator

Well, think about it. Unpublished or post-dated are basically the same thing. The only difference is one is going to go live at some pre-determined date. But this bug attacks anything that isn't published live, so if you open/edit that content that is pre-dated by still unpublished, it's going to react the same way. When the bug is that it resets the publish date to an obscure date decades ago, that's going to happen regardless. 

• Like 1