What Were They Thinking??

FormerMember4

On 6/3/2018 at 10:37 PM, MichaelS36 said:

I come back to this because once upon a time, police officers, and the Feds, respected themselves and the people who they protected. This moron, and his behavior is all too common these days. 

And serves to undermine confidence in the agencies they represent.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 6/3/2018 at 1:46 PM, BlindAmbition said:

There’s been like 3 stories from Denver over the past month. Stupid people stunts. We have our fair share here. I totally agree with your assessment Sir. Hope you’re enjoying the weekend.

There are people who actually will do a whole bunch of hash oil (dab) just for shits and giggles, and post it on Youtube. You can tell they've had way too much. I know from experience, and you they keep hitting the dab bong anyway. 

• Like 2

Reader's Digest has a regular column of man's stupidity to man. Here's one from the webpage:

- A man illegally brought a gun into a bar, got injured in a fight, and then sued the bar for not searching him for a weapon.

Check them out. https://www.rd.com/funny-stuff/thats-outrageous/

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AC Benus said:

Reader's Digest has a regular column of man's stupidity to man. Here's one from the webpage:

- A man illegally brought a gun into a bar, got injured in a fight, and then sued the bar for not searching him for a weapon.

Check them out. https://www.rd.com/funny-stuff/thats-outrageous/

Pretty sure it's illegal in the US to go to any drinking establishment with a gun. I may be wrong on that, but I think even US law isn't quite that relaxed on guns. 

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

Laws do vary state to state, so unless you are smart enough to know your local laws or know where the story took place, it's impossible to say with certainty if that's a legit claim... Okay, we all know it's ridiculous. That's like me going on a tour of the dairy at Tillamook, going into the tasty, tasty, tasty ice cream area with my hidden spoon and then suing after getting hurt when I keel over from getting a massive ice cream headache because they should have searched me and taken away any and all tasting apparatus before allowing me near the frozen treats. 😱🤣

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tiger said:

Pretty sure it's illegal in the US to go to any drinking establishment with a gun. I may be wrong on that, but I think even US law isn't quite that relaxed on guns. 

Many law enforcement agencies used to require members to carry their weapons at all times. My uncle needed special permission to leave his weapon home while attending a family wedding. The right to carry a consealed weapon comes with the responsibility to USE YOUR BRAIN. Drinking and guns do not mix any better than drinking and driving. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Many law enforcement agencies used to require members to carry their weapons at all times. My uncle needed special permission to leave his weapon home while attending a family wedding. The right to carry a consealed weapon comes with the responsibility to USE YOUR BRAIN. Drinking and guns do not mix any better than drinking and driving. 

Off duty, police officers cannot enter places like post offices, hospitals, mental health providers, banks, airports, bus stations, train stations, and other places with strict gun bans as far as I know. While off-duty, all but elected and federal officers like US Marshals and FBI agents are considered off-duty and civilian when not working. Exceptions in airports are made for officers who have met certain criteria and are transporting criminals from one jurisdiction to another, but they have to meet a long list of criteria, including special permission from the TSA itself. 

39 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Off duty, police officers cannot enter places like post offices, hospitals, mental health providers, banks, airports, bus stations, train stations, and other places with strict gun bans as far as I know. While off-duty, all but elected and federal officers like US Marshals and FBI agents are considered off-duty and civilian when not working. Exceptions in airports are made for officers who have met certain criteria and are transporting criminals from one jurisdiction to another, but they have to meet a long list of criteria, including special permission from the TSA itself. 

Which in no way changes my statement of 

3 hours ago, Kitt said:

The right to carry a consealed weapon comes with the responsibility to USE YOUR BRAIN. Drinking and guns do not mix any better than drinking and driving. 

• Love 2