Last Post Wins #47

Everyone's invited to a party

To celebrate the kingship of Marty

There'll be drink in abundance

Also much solid sustenance

And Marty will wear shiny so smartly!

I'd just like take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone for all the support you've given me in the past. :thumbup: 

:joe:

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator

Swoops in, takes the shiny from Marty, the hops on a Euro Express to make my escape to The Netherlands. Then jumps on a Sprinter to an undisclosed location.

Today is a nice day for a nice steaming bowl of Clam Chowder and then some Chocolate Covered Nuts.

Edited by TalonRider
  • Love 1

Marty laughs out loud @TalonRider flying around Europe with the fake shiny in a futile attempt to confuse and confound, and returns home from his jaunt to Dublin to find the real one still safely locked away in the safe.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

[[[[[ :joe: ]]]]] <----- my precioussss......

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Edited by Marty
Clarification
  • Site Moderator

And back to the mighty raptor once again so early in the morning.

Welcome to the Tell a Fairy Tale land of Last Post Wins. Enjoy some Pistachios while you're here today.

12 hours ago, TalonRider said:

Welcome to the Tell a Fairy Tale land of Last Post Wins.

The Old Man And The Eagle

(A fairy tale by Marty)

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there lived an eagle. Eagles have long pointed claws at the end of their legs that they use to catch their food. But this particular eagle was getting rather old and had poor eyesight. Now everyone knows that an eagle's natural food is other animals. They catch things like rabbits to eat, or sometimes even fish. But this particular eagle's eyesight was so poor that it would often mistake other things for food. Oft-times this poor eagle would end up snatching things like pizzas, loaves of banana bread, or even sweet potatoes and fly off with them thinking they were eagle food.

The people who lived in this faraway land did not mind eagles. In a way they envied their ability to fly high in the sky and soar to their hearts content upon the currents of air. They even overlooked the fact that they may occasionally snatch away a young lamb from their fields. And at first they were simply amused when they would see the old and short sighted eagle swoop down and fly off with a dustbin lid. But, one day, when it very nearly snatched a young child off the ground, the people began to get concerned.

Now, there was also a very old man living in this faraway land, and his name was Dave. Dave was a very cranky old man. He was always saying nasty things, and he would often heard mumbling things under his breath. He would mumble things like "It's mine. I deserve it. Give it to me" or "Come to Daddy." It was the latter that would worry the people of faraway land the most, and parents of young children started to warn them that Dave was not to be trusted. Consequently the children would cross over to the other side of the street if they even saw him coming towards them. And all of this was really quite sad, because Dave was really a completely harmless old man. All that was wrong with him was that, just like the poor eagle, he was getting old. But, unlike the eagle, it was Dave's mind that was getting feeble, not his eyesight.

[To be continued...]

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Wow 2
1 hour ago, TalonRider said:

eye sight is no problem.

Qu'est-ce que tu dis là, ma petite aigle? Je suppose que cela peut être un cas de "Qui s'excuse, s'accuse" ...

Edited by Marty
Gender reassignment