The Drop in Centre

image.png.2d69cac418e8d6e27b65b828ca961dfd.png

Here's a happiness tip:

Here’s a beautiful quote by Anne Lamott:

“Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die.”

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I don’t call that multitasking, I call that plain nuts and really disrespectful to the bank’s customers concerns and their time. 

I don’t think anyone can competently divide their attention between more than one customer, who more than likely are calling about different issues. 

I know from past comments and discussions, you are very good at what you do, tim. And, you take care to treat your customers really well.

I’m glad your manager listens, and appears to respond well to what you have to say about how you want/need to do your job.

PS: As a bank customer, or a customer of anything for that matter, I’d rather stay on hold and wait my turn than to have my call suffer from a back and forth interruption. 

Just my two cents, mind you. 

i agree.. it is nuts. it's counterproductive.  yes, you have got that 2nd customer off the waiting list, but now they have to wait while the rep helps the other person, tries to come back and remember what you are looking for .. to me it's a recipe for disaster.  We use Microsoft Teams at work, to chat with colleagues and i don't know how many have posted things and then said... ooops wrong chat.  That's bad enough but it will happen with customers... and that could lead to some very bad errors and issues.

i've tried  to do two at once and if i had to do it permanently, i'd be off on stress leave or have a stroke or something. it's awful. and i just will not do it.  it would be the end of me. And i will not put myself in harm's way for my job.

So, i'm very glad it ended like it did.

• Love 4
Just now, Kitt said:

If I were to find my CSR was trying to talk with another customer at the same time s/he was supposedly handling my issue, I would come to the conclusion my business is not important enough to them and would change banks. I understand finding ways to get more done for less money, but customer service is not the place for a bank to cut corners.

very true, i agree.  some people seem to be able to do it easily.. some are .. but yeah, no. 

They just launched a new mobile platform to a percentage of customers.. it is sooo busy i mean insane.  I do back to back chats all day.. ... the other day we did 680 chats our hours are 8am to 11pm ... but there's not enough of us atm ... so a large portion are not getting through to a rep.  They are looking at the busiest times.. offer 4 day weeks if you work friday, saturday sunday and monday  from 8am to 6:30pm  .. not sure about that one myself. There are still 50 old chat reps not trained on the new platform.. because the old one still needs support. Then there is email.  Lots and lots of work.. and we need more staff, need train the others and need to decide what will happen on our .com pages... lots of things to figure out.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
30 minutes ago, Kitt said:

If I were to find my CSR was trying to talk with another customer at the same time s/he was supposedly handling my issue, I would come to the conclusion my business is not important enough to them and would change banks. I understand finding ways to get more done for less money, but customer service is not the place for a bank to cut corners.

Agree 100%

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, kbois said:

I'm proud of you tim and how you handled the situation. You should be proud of yourself. 

I should have taken a page from your book last night. Hubs and I got into a fight over something stupid. I ended up so upset I was shaking. Normally I break down into tears, but currently that response mechanism is broken. I haven't shed a tear over losing my mom and I miss her a lot. I know it'll come eventually. I should have stepped back and tried to diffuse the situation, but I didn't. We're okay now. I had to explain how stressed I've been over the past two weeks, watching Mom die, having my boss in the office all last week, dealing with the tornado at work, and on top of that our son has been dealing with his own mental health crisis after a friend died suddenly. It's a little bit much. 

I have 4.5 more work days to get through. Next Friday we fly to Vancouver to start our vacation. I'm really looking forward to it. 

So enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope everyone has a good night. 

you've had no time to mourn ..  you will though.. i hope you enjoy Vancouver .. i've never been there, i'd like to go

• Like 3
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

you've had no time to mourn ..  you will though.. i hope you enjoy Vancouver .. i've never been there, i'd like to go

I'm sure grief will hit me like a bullet train one of these days. 

My only venture out to the West coast was to Los Angeles when I was in college. I've been up and down the East coast and visited Europe, so this will be a new adventure. I'm really looking forward to it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kbois said:

@Mikiesboy FYI Tim Hortons coffee has now become my second favorite coffee. I'll be going home with a big can of grounds. Lol. (Plus a bag that we used half of)

We're done with Vancouver today and off on our cruise. I'd love to come back here.  A day and a half wasn't enough. 

Hope everyone has a good week! I'll see ya when I get back!

oh my, i can only imagine what you've been drinking... tim hortons coffee is so not good anymore.  i used to like it but i stopped drinking it years ago.

Glad you enjoyed Vancouver tho  :) 

• Love 4
On 9/18/2022 at 5:47 PM, Mikiesboy said:

oh my, i can only imagine what you've been drinking... tim hortons coffee is so not good anymore.  i used to like it but i stopped drinking it years ago.

Glad you enjoyed Vancouver tho  :) 

I've never had tim Hortons.....I think I'm too far south. To my in knowledge there aren't any here.... Further north in Ohio I think has them though 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I've never had tim Hortons.....I think I'm too far south. To my in knowledge there aren't any here.... Further north in Ohio I think has them though 

We have Tim Hortons, appearing here in the UK. I've never been in one yet.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..