The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

I know. It's Monday, and it is freezing here. Okay, it feels like 58 degrees Fahrenheit, but that's freezing. Have a good day/ week.

image.png.e2b1bd19261a9de874ea59a5e7584adc.png

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, WolfM said:

I'm in the age group I'd have to pay the cover, which I'm fine with. If you need a stripper, I'll kick in my tips as my contribution. ;)

If you can strip to 80s-2000s, then you're hired.

• Haha 4

• Site Moderator
2 hours ago, drown said:

Hey everyone. Life’s a rollercoaster right now but I’m doing fine.

Sending 🫰🏻💙

Sorry for being so quiet and absent.

It’s good to see you drown. 
No worries for being quiet and absent. Visit when you’re able.
I hope your rollercoaster ride ends soon for your sake. :) 

• Love 4

2 hours ago, drown said:

Hey everyone. Life’s a rollercoaster right now but I’m doing fine.

Sending 🫰🏻💙

Sorry for being so quiet and absent.

You don't have to be sorry ... we're always here for you. Hope life smooths out some. :) 

• Love 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1

Happy Tuesday.  Today, we have advice from Oscar Wilde. Make of it what you will, and have a good day.

image.png.58e0392393623576226851c6232f23e6.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

• Site Moderator
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Tuesday.  Today, we have advice from Oscar Wilde. Make of it what you will, and have a good day.

Need to ponder this one. 🤔

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

21 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Need to ponder this one. 🤔

Spoiler

It means that a fair life would be a dull life, where no one need strive for anything. The unfairness of life makes us passionate about causes and people.  :)

• Love 5

Posted (edited)

I made this salad today. I didn't put Farro in, but everything else is in there. We'll be having it for lunch for a couple of days. Michael will add some chicken or pork tenderloin. I did taste it. As we are reducing salt, I did not add salt, and the small pieces of feta make it just right.

https://www.thekitchn.com/mediterranean-chopped-salad-22943245

image.png.34a55534699d364072b2bdb85511b160.png

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, Flip-Flop said:

I would like to take the time to say how good it was to see the Drop In Center authors so well represented in the recent Secret Authors event. Your stories were all in my top choices for my vote, but for very different reasons. Yes, it was a hard decision to just pick one story, but I did and was very happy and surprised to see the author of my vote was @CassieQ. I mostly had no idea on which author, wrote what story. You all deserve a "tip of my hat" for the stories you presented. I loved them all, and the talent for story telling was obvious in each tale. Great job by all who participated!  :great:  :heart:

Cassie's story was great.  :)  I really enjoyed.

• Love 4

Happy Thursday and Happy World Folklore Day! 

There is absolutely nothing happening for me today. I'm going to make a quick chicken curry for dinner tonight, go for a limp with Dan, and, with any luck, write a bit today! :) 

image.png.a66ce7f92e1989b0c5afb8b895f08efe.png

Have a brilliant day! image.png.c8cf90715d5ef385e82e7f174382be26.png

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..