Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

6 hours ago, dughlas said:

We're currently experiencing a t-storm. Burst of moderate rain and bright flashes of lightning accompanied by thunder. I guess there will be no morning walk. I was looking forward to that. I've been walking 3 miles each morning, excluding Sundays. Lately, because it's near the end of my route I've stopped by the complex pool to swim 10 laps. It provides a nice and much needed cool down from the walk. The morning temps here have been 77/25° with 95+% humidity. In this heat I average a pace of 20 minutes per mile, when it's cooler my pace is nearer 15 minutes per mile. This morning would have been my last chance for a swim. Tomorrow Thistle and I start for home.

It rained here overnight, and will again from the feel of it. It has been way too hot for me to do much sustained walking, but I look forward to that changing. 

Hey, dugh and Mum. :hug: 

• Love 2
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
9 hours ago, Marty said:

Safe travels, dugh and Thistle! :yes:

Thursday I am taking the ferry to Wales, and then driving on to Lancaster, in England. This will be my first visit since March of last year, so I am really looking forward to meeting my siblings and extended family after all this time. My youngest nephew (or, to put it another way, my mother's youngest grandchild) turns 30 on Saturday, so many of the extended family will be present for that celebration. I am staying for twelve days, so should get the chance to meet any family members that miss Saturday's celebrations, as well as some of my friends. 

Thanks.

I hope you travel safely as well and enjoy the time with your family.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Headstall said:

It rained here overnight, and will again from the feel of it. It has been way too hot for me to do much sustained walking, but I look forward to that changing. 

Hey, dugh and Mum. :hug: 

We had a break in the weather after the morning storms. As I had an appointment at the barbershop a block away mum and I were able to enjoy brunch outdoors at the local creperie afterwards. Thistle spent the morning with his pals at doggy camp and then had a bath. The late day round of storms is brewing on the horizon.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..