Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 hour ago, CassieQ said:

The date went well!

@Mancunian, the book got really violent and bloody regarding a character I liked and killed off someone I adored.  I saw it coming, but underestimated how brutal it would be and I just dont handle that level of violence very well.

That’s too bad.  I can’t say I’ve had the exact same experience, but violent acts can make me stop reading a story. And I have a pretty high tolerance for violence, but sometimes books can be so much worse than movies or tv shows. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

I was recommended a book by a friend many years ago. It was called "The First Deadly Sin" and puts the reader in the mind of a serial killer. It was horrifying to me, exceptionally well written, but if affected me for a long time. I hated being in that character's mind... I'm not a weak person, but it disturbed me so much to think this was how some people actually thought. Ugh. Should have thrown it away like you did, but I had this dumb pride in always finishing books I started. That changed with "The Shining". After the character went after his kid, that was it for me. :no: 

I read something kinda similar once, it was actually almost a YA series of all things, but put you in the mind of a teenager who had serial killer tendencies.  It was a good but also pretty disturbing experience.

• Like 1
  • Wow 4

28 minutes ago, Headstall said:

4000 words with just one more scene to go in the story. :D  Sure hope this doesn't suck. :) 

You're stories are always great.  If there is a sucking sound, it's just the result of how fast your stories suck in the readers immediately with the plots and characters they all love.

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, CassieQ said:

Still in a funk about that damn book yesterday.   Trying to shake it off before my rock climbing date.  

Take the book with you and drop it off the top of the climbing wall :yes:

Edit: good to hear the date went well and the winery is next :) 

Edited by Bucket1
  • Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..