Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

• Site Administrator

So they just called to set up the appointment for the repair.  They're coming out next week, but they only do service calls Mon-Fri during normal business hours, so 8:30-5:30.  And I can't request after a certain time, I'm stuck with whatever they assign me :facepalm:  She also said she could give me store credit as compensation for the tear in the couch :huh: Um... no.  I said that wasn't acceptable and she said she'd talk to the manager and call me back.  So as I was typing all this, she calls me back to say the manage won't authorize any type of refund, but I can still have the store credit.  :angry:   So I asked to speak to the manager directly and he'll call me tomorrow.  This place is sorely lacking in customer service. Not offering any type of discount for damaged goods is absolutely not acceptable.  And I'm sure as hell not shopping there again, so store credit is absolutely useless.  :angry: 

• Wow 3
  • Angry 2

1 hour ago, Marty said:

And one story is that an Irish monk, now known as St Brendan the Navigator sailed to America and back over three years around the middle of the 6th Century, apparently 500 years before the Vikings got there. He sailed there in a tiny currach, a traditional Irish boat with a wooden frame wrapped in hides of leather.

https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2013/05/16/did-st-brendan-reach-north-america-500-years-before-the-vikings/

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/others/saint-brendan-first-america

In 1976, adventurer, writer, and historian Tim Severin decided to build a traditional currach and see if it could match the accomplishments in the St Brendan legend. Using traditional design and building techniques he fashioned a modern currach, christened it Brendan and set off from Ireland to reach North America. Successful in showing that it could have been done, Severin published a book and an article in National Geographic Magazine, and a 1500-year-old tale was given new life.

Here's a link to a video featuring Tim Severin describing the Brendan Voyage in 2005 in a free public lecture at Gresham College, London (it's nearly an hour long and only has Tim's voice).

As I told people on other sites, Yes it's true, I visit other sites,  America wasn't discovered in 1492. New England Indians said that their Gods came from the East and have Red hair. If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like Celtics...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, clochette said:

Any heard from Albert? He hasn't been here all weekend and didn't say he'd be away which is unusual for him. I hope he and Steve are okay.

Nope, sorry. Nothing yet, but I'll let you know.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I hope he and Steve are fine! We are! Another quick shower came through with thunderstorms. Dennis watched some auto racing tonight. (The IMSA WeatherTech at Lime Rock and the Xfinity race at New Hampshire and he will be watching the IndyCars at Iowa now.) LimeRock is beautiful for racing...so is New Hampshire...

Edited by BabyXander1990
  • Like 4

• Site Administrator
10 hours ago, clochette said:

Any heard from Albert? He hasn't been here all weekend and didn't say he'd be away which is unusual for him. I hope he and Steve are okay.

I was wondering about him too.  :unsure: 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All I have been sick and still not feeling very good :unsure2:

Take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon :hug:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I hope you feel better soon :hug: :kiss: 

Morning, sis. :hug: 

2 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

:hug: sorry to hear you have been unwell

Morning, B. :hug: 

1 hour ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Morning all...How are you all?

Morning, Xander. :hug: 

1 hour ago, clochette said:

Take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon :hug:

Morning, Clo. :hug: 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..