• Site Moderator

‘Yes, girl. One by the warmth, and a jug of Dayson’s finest ale.”

and 

Stravor only grunted as he sat down. The heat from the fire is great, yet it does not reach the cold within me.

Drinking yourself into oblivion isn’t going to help Stravor, nor is sitting at the same table where first you were with Keter. 

PS:  warmth as a synonym for fireplace - I like it. :thumbup: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Vardel smiled and kissed his wife. “I will return at mid-eve. Then enough; we shall go home together.”

“I will be ready. Thank you, my love.” Mina stood on toes to kiss his cheek. “See you again soon!”

The passage between these two was very sweet and was quite the respite from Stravor’s apathetic mood. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

Stravor took Mina’s hand. He gently turned it palm side up, placed the coin in it, and then pressed it closed. “Please, take it as I give it.”

Not just because he gave his word, but I feel Stravor has the need to give at this time. Mina must take the coin because it will help - he hopes - Stravor, though I’m not sure how much he realizes this to be so.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

Stravor threw off the covers and got out of bed. “Take your things—” He picked up the boy’s clothes and shoved them into the lad’s arms. “Be gone! Get! Out!”

Anger and frustration spread through Stravor. He threw the ale jug at the door, its dregs spilling onto the floor. He overturned the small table.

Poor Casec, he certainly didn’t deserve that reaction and treatment from Stravor. Truthfully, though, Stravor’s reaction and outburst as he realized he was not with Keter was spot on and quite devastating, I’d say. 

Will Stravor come to his senses and apologize to Casec as he was so kind to the serving wench when he was thinking clearly? Time will tell...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

The Searcher wept openly now as he said, “Dead.”

Never imagined we’d see Stravor weeping and so openly, too.

I hope whatever brought his father to the inn will be another step toward the path that leads Stravor to seeing Hemothracene for what he really is, and for him realizing he must act to destroy Hemothracene and his harmful ways. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

Stravor remembered his father’s request, and found the well-wrapped sword on a shelf in the tack room. It was silent as he lifted it down. His own was oddly quiet also.

Curiouser and curiouser. I can understand the Elder’s sword being quiet, but the Younger’s sword always had something to say, so what could this mean? 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

The Elder smiled. “How, indeed. Sit, and I will tell you. First, though, remove your Sword. Then take mine and place them both down the hall in your old room. Not side-by-side, on opposite sides, boy.”

Strength in numbers, perhaps? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, Kitt said:

You are commenting as you read, yes? I will hold my comments till you finish!

I’ve done that from chapter one. I can’t seem to help myself as there is so much to comment on. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

The Elder pushed the Sword of Charist into his son’s heart. Stravor’s arms flailed and then grasped his father’s wrists.

“Father ….”

“Find your boy … help them.” 

Stravor’s soul was reluctant to leave, but the weapon pulled it from the body.

Well..um...oh wow, did not see that coming. Stravor is taking a truly active role in bringing Hemothracene down. Teamed with his beloved, so now I’m sure they both live. I’m right, aren’t I? *fingers crossed*

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Well..um...oh wow, did not see that coming. Stravor is taking a truly active role in bringing Hemothracene down. Teamed with his beloved, so now I’m sure they both live. I’m right, aren’t I? *fingers crossed*

i am glad you did not see that coming ...

• Like 2
  • Love 3