5 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Should post this in status updates.

Michael Sir

thank you sir. 

i posted another graphic in my status update. I had 2 pictures and I couldn’t decide which I liked best. 

Edited by rickproehl
Changed wording
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

“I miss you, boy … perhaps there is time to ...”

“Sadly, our bodies do not work that way here, master.”

Stravor grunted. “God’s teeth. It is hardly paradise then, is it, boy?

I told myself, I wasn’t going to pause because what’s happening now is too important to slow its momentum. But well, this?

Good to know Stravor’s got his priorities straight. Never mind their world is in chaos, let’s take a break for a little nookie, shall we? :rolleyes:

Made me smile, though. Stravor loves his boy. :D 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I told myself, I wasn’t going to pause because what’s happening now is too important to slow its momentum. But well, this?

Good to know Stravor’s got his priorities straight. Never mind their world is in chaos, let’s take a break for a little nookie, shall we? :rolleyes:

Made me smile, though. Stravor loves his boy. :D 

Every story needs some smiles. xo

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator

I heard.” Keter took the gross dagger. “We need this to get us home. Come, Sir.”

That whole scene is right up there with the best suspenseful, gory, and freak me out horror films, tim. If I’d been watching that, I’d have done it peeking through my hands. 

Well done! 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator

Keter’s form brightened and became clear. “Listen. Listen to me now … all of you! So many here were brought wrongly to this evil place, and before their natural time. You have slaved here for a master that is no more. If I could, I would right this wrong.”

Before the pair, many soul’s lights began to shine; they flickered and took their human shapes. 

“I cannot right it. But I can set you free. I can send you to Paradise,” Keter continued

and from September 6, I had this thought.

On the way home on the train, I had a thought about a future power Keter might “develop”, and what he could/would do with said power. Of course, it’s all just conjecture (or wishful thinking) on my part, so Im not going to voice my theory. It’s best to let the story play out and see what happens. It would behoove me to write down this (possibly fanciful) theory lest I forget about it come The End...

This had been my guess early on that Keter could/would return all the trapped souls to living form, but then I realized their corporeal selves were long gone. So that idea was a bust. However, Keter freeing their souls so they could go onto paradise is the next best thing. Happy I was right about that outcome. :yes: 

As for Keter and Stravor, their corporeal bodies aren’t gone, so I see them, especially as one of them is a witch, returning to the land as they once were. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

“Aye.” Galeth held on to the innkeeper. Then pulling back, he pressed his lips to Dayson’s, who responded. “I am glad for I was worried.”

Dayson smiled. “It’s over now. Things will be better. I will see you later in our room.

You know, this revelation is unnecessary for the sake of the story moving forward, but I have to say it pleases me to read Dayson and Galeth’s happy ending. Dayson is a good man, so it’s a lovely bonus to see his life take a good turn as well. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

On the bed, Stravor sucked in air. His natural colour flooded back. He squeezed the hand which held his. Then finally his eyes fluttered open. He saw both his father and Dayson at his bedside. His mouth was dry when he uttered, “Ale.” 

Dayson still sat holding Stravor’s hand. “Ale? You have been killed, brought back to life and all you can think of to say to us is that.” 

The Searcher blinked and grinned. “I have a thirst, innkeeper!”

“I will get you a drink.” Dayson rose and moved to the door. As he passed the Elder, he squeezed the old man’s shoulder and smiled. 

From the bed came, “It had better be the good ale!”

:rofl:

He’s baaacccckkk! 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

this is where my heart broke:

The trio watched in awe as the boy’s skin became violet and then slowly changed to its normal colour.

Stravor glanced wildly at Dayson and then his father. “Why is he not waking?”

“Stravor, take his hand and squeeze. Talk to him,” the Elder said. “It took you several minutes to come back to us.”

The Searcher grabbed Keter’s hand. “Boy. Wake. Come back to me, boy.”

but i'm on my phone & comments are harder here

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I doubt "as they once were" will be correct. Having a big ass knife pushed thru you, being "dead", killing a God, and then coming back to life is bound to leave a few Mark's on one's psyche. 

I meant that they’d be their physical selves again. I do agree they will have changed in some way for all that they’ve gone through.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Stravor seems to have had an affinity for Magophs. I’m pretty sure I remember Dayson mentioning that he and Stravor had slept together. And there was also a suggestion to Dayson would have wanted to see Stravor’s bare chest in a different context than when they were reviving him.
;–)

• Site Moderator
53 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Stravor seems to have had an affinity for Magophs. I’m pretty sure I remember Dayson mentioning that he and Stravor had slept together. And there was also a suggestion to Dayson would have wanted to see Stravor’s bare chest in a different context than when they were reviving him.
;–)

:yes:

And, Hemothracene missed this half-witch who was right under his nose and friends with his Searcher. Maybe Dayson cast a spell on himself to hide his true nature? :unsure: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

ok ...
anyone else get teary when Keter didn't wake for Stravor? or chuckle when he demanded ale upon waking? (much like some of us an coffee no doubt, lol!)

I’m pulling for Shadow to brave the smell of death and the stairs in the crypt to help revive Keter!
;–)

1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

I’m pulling for Shadow to brave the smell of death and the stairs in the crypt to help revive Keter!
;–)

if he knew his friend Keter were down there, he just might
these Stone Hill Ponies are amazing creatures 

• Like 1
  • Love 2