2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I can, with confidence, tell you there will be no blue children, no smurfs (see Delicious Chapter 7, Faris and James: The Beginning, likely the only time i mention smurfs in my work) no blue people from avatar.  And no Charlie and the Chocolate factory!

But no denial of a grandchild!
;–)

1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

But no denial of a grandchild!
;–)

The only one having a child .. might be Shade .. but that is only an assumption based on what may have happened when he wandered off with the other Stone Hill ponies. It's possible there was no sex and they played poker.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

The only one having a child .. might be Shade .. but that is only an assumption based on what may have happened when he wandered off with the other Stone Hill ponies. It's possible there was no sex and they played poker.

so would the mares come find Shade? will they want foal support? lol!

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator

Removing his amulet, he carefully took the blue stone from its bindings and placed it on the rock. It was pretty, with multiple facets. With his knife he sliced through it. Sliced, because it was not truly stone, nor was it inanimate. 

Keter winced as he cut it, but the pain lasted only a moment, and he whispered, “I am this stone, as Stravor is his blade. I want him to have something of me when he does this deed. May it protect him as it does me.”

Well, this is an interesting turn of events. Just how much does Keter know about his true nature? Without looking back, I think there have already been hints he knows something...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

“Boy …” Stravor picked the meat off the bones of a hopper. “Shut up now and sit. The hellion will return. He simply wants to see his kind, but he is of our fellowship and will return to us.”

While his face held disbelief, Keter sat, as he was told. 

Stravor grinned at the lad. “Boy, the pony is male. There are females; perhaps in a year there will be a small one, eh?”

Keter’s eyes widened. “Oh … Oh! You mean he went to … oh, I see.”

“Do you need showing the ways of men again, boy?”

The lad grinned. “Well, I forget easily, master.”

Stravor rose and undid his belt. “On your hands and knees. I’ll show you exactly what your innocent little pony is doing.”

:gikkle: 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator

I love this. The smell of his smoke-weed. These times he is quiet and relaxed. It should be this way forever. Keter wiped away his tears.

Stravor opened his arms. “Come here, boy. The smoke will not bring tears from here.”

Smoke the reason for Keter’s tears? I think not. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator

Inside was a wonderland of glittering reflection. Light bounced through the transparent crystals that lined the walls and ceiling of the cave. The floor was dark red with ancient blood.

This cave has seen more than a few sacrifices, I’d say. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

On the fourth morning, Stravor left camp to relieve himself and had just finished retying his trousers when the voice-of-voices slammed into his head. He dropped like a stone to his knees. He grabbed at his skull and squeezed as Hemothracene’s voice filled it.

“You tarry, Searcher.” The voices were loud. “Do you hope the soul will wither?”

This gives me hope...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

Elinor pulled on the Elder’s arm to turn him towards the house. “Stravor, let us go. Leave it, whatever it is, for the moment. He will tell you in his own time.”

Stravor the Elder walked arm-in-arm with his wife. “I hope that by then it is not too late.”

My sentiments exactly. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Why was it important to sacrifice Keter in the crystal cave rather than in town? Is the future foal significant? Will those blue flowers be part of the worship of the god that defeats Hemothracene?

Because that is what Hemothracene said to do.  No. Yes, they will become Triffids.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2