1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

hmmm  just for that, i feel i may be coming down with something....i may have to postpone posting a few weeks.....cough...

GRRM just gets distracted by other things and gets more and more delayed. He claims he has the next couple of books planned out, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he never completes A Song of Ice and Fire. Unlike JRR Tolkien and Frank Herbert, GRRM doesn’t have any children to edit his notes and publish his uncompleted work. Will there be a huge legal fight over who is allowed to write the last couple novels if he dies before he finishes them?
;–)

• Site Moderator
1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

And that picture makes me wonder how old Stravor is. I’m guessing he’s 30-40 or even in his fifties since his father retired. He doesn’t seem like he’s on his twenties…
;–)

Seeing as how he has to travel and hunt down “bad” people, and he comes across as quite physically fit, I’d say mid to upper thirties would be his age. Even though his father is retired, I’m betting the retirement age in their world is nowhere close to 65. Just my opinion, of course. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

And that picture makes me wonder how old Stravor is. I’m guessing he’s 30-40 or even in his fifties since his father retired. He doesn’t seem like he’s on his twenties…
;–)

This isn't our society.. i dont think there is a pension or 'retirement' age.  His father could be 40 or 50... who knows

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
Just now, droughtquake said:

Even when it’s not a spoiler, Tim manages not to give a ‘straight’ answer!
;–)

Because i dont know ... because it is not important.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Because i dont know ... because it is not important.

tim I agree he could be any age this character is what you the reader thinks he is. That is what so great about this story we know enough about him and we the reader fill in the missing pieces. So the man I think Stravor is is not the one tim thinks of or the one that droughtquake thinks of.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

;–)

When I saw this picture I had just read the latest chapter. To me this boy reaction is everyone’s reaction to the chapter. I was trying to let us all know a new chapter will be out on Friday. Which is about all my head and heart can handle. 😀

Edited by rickproehl
Changed word
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Talo Segura said:

Reading this story I have never thought about the age of the main characters, simply Stravor is a man well into adulthood and Keter is a teenage boy. I suppose we could speculate on the age of Hemothracene, who might be hundreds or thousands of years old? In which case, Keter being more than simply mortal as the opposing force, might in essence be very much older than he appears. It is a nice picture you put up, but I never really have a strong picture in my mind of the characters, other than say, Stravor is a rugged, thick set, well worn warrior. Some how I think of him with a beard, so I guess I just contradicted myself! 🤣

The reader is given basic information and invents their own character ... Keter is called young but to me, he is not a teenager. Stravor calls him 'boy' like others in my lifestyle call me 'boy', though I am in my mid-30s.  We are told Keter is blond with blue eyes that mirror the sky or a blue flower.

Stravor is older than Keter that we know ..but by how much? Like my Husband who is a few years older than i, but He calls me 'boy'?

Each reader will see the characters differently.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The reader is given basic information and invents their own character ... Keter is called young but to me, he is not a teenager. Stravor calls him 'boy' like others in my lifestyle call me 'boy', though I am in my mid-30s.  We are told Keter is blond with blue eyes that mirror the sky or a blue flower.

Stravor is older than Keter that we know ..but by how much? Like my Husband who is a few years older than i, but He calls me 'boy'?

Each reader will see the characters differently.

I do think Stravor is older than Keter, but maybe that’s because he comes across as more worldly and seasoned by the life he leads. Keter, despite the terrible tragedy he survived has ultimately lead a more “sheltered” life after the destruction of his people and village. Then again, maybe he does know a lot more then he lets on...

Regardless of what pops into my mind unbidden outside of Friday morning story time, I just like just reading the story and let the characters take me where they want me to go. Course, they make me stop and ponder quite frequently, but I like a story that makes me think

• Like 2
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I do think Stravor is older than Keter, but maybe that’s because he comes across as more worldly and seasoned by the life he leads. Keter, despite the terrible tragedy he survived has ultimately lead a more “sheltered” life after the destruction of his people and village. Then again, maybe he does know a lot more then he lets on...

Regardless of what pops into my mind unbidden outside of Friday morning story time, I just like just reading the story and let the characters take me where they want me to go. Course, they make me stop and ponder quite frequently, but I like a story that makes me think

I did the final reading of Chapter 6 ... it is ready.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

tomorrow will be here soon enough y'all

25 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good things come to those who wait. Just saying...

You never begged your parents to let you open just one christmas present early (and got to do it at least sometimes)?
;–)

4 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

You never begged your parents to let you open just one christmas present early (and got to do it at least sometimes)?
;–)

tried it and was shut down lol!

except for Christmas pajamas we got after church on Christmas Eve every. year. we never got to open anything early

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Good things come to those who wait. Just saying...

Some of us are waiting till Sunday .... so I must be real Good - but it should be fun camping / fishing / being with out any cell service leaving tonight in fact. So droughtquake it’s only less than 24 hours you will be ok.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2