• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Did he miss him, or just ignore him? Perhaps he thought like Dayson's own people, that since Day wasn't of pure blood, he was nothing to worry about.

Excellent reasoning, tim. I’m going with him being nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator

“Damn my eyes for not seeing it!” Stravor jumped from the wagon.

Excellent way to say he didn’t realize something, tim. :thumbup:

PS: I know there’s a word for this but I can’t think

Metaphor! ;)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator

Drinking my first coffee, that’s why my comments shall be less, I think. But, oh am I loving this chapter. :) 

The Searcher stood quietly for some minutes before he continued. “The cost for failure … do you wish to know it? The cost of failing Him would be the soul of a loved one. My father swore on mine, and I on my mother’s. Had I failed, I would have had to take hers, and father, mine.”

“I remember how proud I was on that day, when I swore the oath. Fool.” Stravor wrapped the blanket around himself and settled once again on the floor. “Do you think I could have? Killed her? My own mother. I know I could not. I would have thrown myself on my sword first.”

That right there should have told him - and his father before him - Hemothracene was not in the slightest benevolent nor to be revered.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator

“Master, I feel your need. Shall I …?”

“No, boy. There is time for that later” Stravor kissed his boy again. “Let us just be as we are and sleep.”

Two responses to this I had

‘Oh ho’ and ‘isn’t that sweet?’ 

Yeah, I know the second one is a little weird when one is thinking of Stravor...

Then again, the same can be said here about Dayson. 

“Nay, no.” Dayson toed the ground. “Tis foolish, but I thought the boy would like to see his pony … when he woke … if—”

Sweet, indeed! :D 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator

The two hugged for several moments. Both knew what may have been, but were relieved they’d have a chance to see what would become.

A most excellent ‘read between the lines’ statement. Saying so much with so few words, too. 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator

Stravor grinned. “Is that all you need for happiness? Your man’s hard cock in the morning?”

Keter nibbled his master’s ear. “That’s all, but twice rather than just once.”

“Is that right?” Stravor flipped them both over. He made sure the boy was doubly happy.

Could have been said otherwise, but this was perfect. Made me smile, because I knew all is good with them. 

and this one, too. 

Keter grinned. “You have special talents, Sir.” 

“Thank you, lad. But those your grin mean, are not for sale.”

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

“Don’t worry, Day. I can leave Keter and come down to see you. Sample your ale and man-boys there. The boys in the south are a lusty lot.” 

Keter slapped Stravor’s arm. “You forget I am a witch, master.” 

:lol: 

Stravor laughed and met Dayson’s eyes. “Yes, I do. Fine. I will just sample the boys.” 

Dayson laughed, and Keter sighed. 

:rolleyes:

Picking up Keter, Stravor kissed him soundly. “Boy, you are the only witch I need.”

Keter hung on tight, wrapped around his man.

You got that right! 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4

The ancient words were more than sound. They flowed from the crone like tiny silver worms that slid into Keter’s mind. The lad squeezed his eyes shut and winced, for the words were old and real. They lay in his young mind, waiting to hatch, but as they did, they sent slim tendrils into his brain.

This paragraph. It’s creepy in a way, but inventive at the same time. ‘Like tiny silver worms.’ Words have power, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard instructions being described like this before. Definitely magical.
;–)

2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

A most excellent ‘read between the lines’ statement. Saying so much with so few words, too. 

tim is, i think, a master at this. gets the point across, sets the scene, but not in an over the top too many words kind of way

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

Stravor's sword & Keter's Fathril (did i spell it right?) both glowed blue 

:facepalm:Duh, of course. Only one of the most important elements in the story. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, droughtquake said:

This paragraph. It’s creepy in a way, but inventive at the same time. ‘Like tiny silver worms.’ Words have power, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard instructions being described like this before. Definitely magical.
;–)

They were real ... like real...maybe i do need to write another book....

• Love 4