Reactions Experimenting.

• Site Administrator

We are experimenting with new icons for reactions.

image.png

The "I Read It" was replaced with "Check It Out!"

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator

I fixed the default blown out look of the like icon, if you saw that early on.  It now appears simply grayed out if you haven't reacted yet.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

These are the larger sizes:

image.png

Oddly enough, those little things you see on the post are actually this size...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, WolfM said:

Just my personal opinion, but the old reaction icons looked better. They were easier to see and tell the difference. These new ones are an annoyingly small yellow blob. If the "I read it" is a problem, remove it and likely people will use the thumps up again instead. I don't mind change when it creates a positive benefit. I know you work hard to keep this site updated and looking great. I'm just not behind this change.

:2thumbs:  :funny:

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, Myr said:

These are the larger sizes:

image.png

Oddly enough, those little things you see on the post are actually this size...

I like them this size, but I'm having trouble discerning them in the smaller size when I click to react to a post.  My eyesight isn't the best :(  I appreciate the experiment, though :)  And I like the change from "I read it".  

• Like 3

Hmmm, i prefer the previous, but the mixture of the three old (love, angry and sad) and the new (check it out, wow, and haha)  as you have it, i can live with.

• Like 3

I'm glad the 'I read it' is gone. I like the 'check it out'. If I read a description and people whose opinion I regard left this reaction, I will definitely check the story out.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Added a Fingers Crossed reaction as testing continues.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
12 hours ago, Myr said:

Added a Fingers Crossed reaction as testing continues.

image.png

That's a nice addition.  I can envision a few situations where I'd use that one.

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
55 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's a nice addition.  I can envision a few situations where I'd use that one.

@Martysuggested it and I thought we'd give it a try. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I may have been the first one to use it just above. :)

of course you were!!  :)      @Marty  great suggestion.  i can see readers crossing their fingers for their fav character and the next chapter... i like it.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

After finally getting a usage report on different reactions, we decided that the "Check it Out" one was not getting enough (or barely any) use and zapped it. (those reactions became "like", they weren't removed.

image.png

• Like 4