Basic Format

• Site Moderator

I checked a couple of topics not signed in and signed in. Both ways are back to normal. No more double avatars and signin is back to the right side of the banner.

• Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Site Administrator

I just had the issue where it looked like Aaron's original screenshot when I clicked on Parker Owens new chapter.  HP laptop, Chrome browser.  I just tried another story... looks like the issue is when I click on any story.  

24 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I just had the issue where it looked like Aaron's original screenshot when I clicked on Parker Owens new chapter.  HP laptop, Chrome browser.  I just tried another story... looks like the issue is when I click on any story.  

Stories and author archives are affected again, but only on mobile (Chrome) on my end. Desktop operates just fine (also Chrome).

• Like 2

Mobile is fixed. Now all of GA on desktop is goobered. PM-ing, Blogs, Clubs, Story archives... The whole thing. 

Edit. Never mind. All clear

Edited by astone2292
  • 2 weeks later...

It's 16 days since the update, and I'm still getting this every now and then. Do you have any idea what causes it and if not have you considered—if that is possible—to roll back the update?

Edited by Zuri
typo
  • Site Administrator
3 hours ago, Zuri said:

It's 16 days since the update, and I'm still getting this every now and then. Do you have any idea what causes it and if not have you considered—if that is possible—to roll back the update?

We can't roll back the update, no.  I think I know what it is, and we're waiting on our programmer.  Unfortunately, the update was a disaster and a lot of clients are clamoring for fixes. 

• Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1

Ah, okay. Thank you for the explanation. I guess, you are probably way more bugged about it than I am :)

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
4 minutes ago, Zuri said:

Ah, okay. Thank you for the explanation. I guess, you are probably way more bugged about it than I am :)

Way more than you can imagine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On a different note (and at the risk of sounding stupid): Do you only have one programmer? Probably not helpful, but I'm taking my chances: If you need any help with that, I'm working with PHP 8 in my job. But I know, the logic behind a specific software is more than just the programming software, so that's easier said than done for sure. And you probably have either reasons not to have more programmers/take new ones, or a certain process if you do. In that case: Don't mind me 😅

• Site Administrator
18 minutes ago, Zuri said:

On a different note (and at the risk of sounding stupid): Do you only have one programmer? Probably not helpful, but I'm taking my chances: If you need any help with that, I'm working with PHP 8 in my job. But I know, the logic behind a specific software is more than just the programming software, so that's easier said than done for sure. And you probably have either reasons not to have more programmers/take new ones, or a certain process if you do. In that case: Don't mind me 😅

Just the one. you have to be an Invision Community software developer on top of programming specifics, since our Stories system is a Module for Invision Community. (the forums).  Making everything work together, is a chore.

• Site Moderator

As previously stated elsewhere, at 5:15 this morning, 8/23/2022 upon coming to the site I got the long listed format. I'm back to make my rounds and we're back to normal.

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
10 hours ago, TalonRider said:

As previously stated elsewhere, at 5:15 this morning, 8/23/2022 upon coming to the site I got the long listed format. I'm back to make my rounds and we're back to normal.

I think this might have been the cache on your computer and not the server in this instance. 

I've tested many times today across multiple devices and experienced no instances where before it was pretty much every time something was off.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Myr said:

I think this might have been the cache on your computer and not the server in this instance. 

I've tested many times today across multiple devices and experienced no instances where before it was pretty much every time something was off.

I don't know which time zone @TalonRider is in.  I'm in the US Central Daylight Time Zone, and I was getting the formatting errors at 9:15 this morning.  At 3 a.m. I was getting the correct format.  I'm using the latest version of Chrome on my desktop.  A bit over two hours later I was getting the correct format.

The wrong formats are happening less, but seem to still happen.  My cache was cleared.  

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, ReaderPaul said:

I don't know which time zone @TalonRider is in.  I'm in the US Central Daylight Time Zone, and I was getting the formatting errors at 9:15 this morning.  At 3 a.m. I was getting the correct format.  I'm using the latest version of Chrome on my desktop.  A bit over two hours later I was getting the correct format.

The wrong formats are happening less, but seem to still happen.  My cache was cleared.  

Yup.  just saw my first severe one.  We are still waiting on our programmer to get to the root of the issue.

• Fingers Crossed 1
27 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

That's what I got this time. Not horrible, but not 100%

It seems to be a half-way house. I've had it twice today. It's been part of trouble since the start. The site hasn't fallen over yet today. Myr's patches are working mostly.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
7 hours ago, Paqman said:

I had it on Chrome and Edge today on a Windows 11 laptop. Tried clearing the cache, it was still a problem.

Chrome on Android tablet, trouble, then a little later no problems.

Thank you for telling us when you had issues and giving us browser and device data. However, the issue is not with your cache. It's an issue that comes from an update that was pushed out that is causing issues for many website using the same software GA does. We're working to try to get it fixed permanently as soon as we can, and to apply the short-term fix whenever we are online/can do so, but GA doesn't have 24/7 paid site staff so there's not always someone on site who can do it right away. 

• Fingers Crossed 1