2023/2024 Writing Event - A Tribute to Carlos Hazday - Discussion Only

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 5:00 AM, Valkyrie said:

Long May You Run - A Tribute to Carlos Hazday

Our beloved Carlos had a tradition of posting something new for his readers to enjoy on January first.  It was a great way to ring in the new year.  In this vein, we thought it would be fitting to feature a tribute to him on January 1, 2024. 

Anyone is welcome to contribute a story, letter, poem, or whatnot on a topic that resonates with them with respect to Carlos, be it bikes, tattoos, Florida, politics, writing, or something else. The rules are simple:

No minimum length

One submission per author, containing one chapter, or one prologue plus one chapter.

The usual GA content guidelines do apply. Please use appropriate genres, tags, and story/chapter notes as applicable for your submission along with any message you wish to add to your tribute. 

Post the link to the completed submission in the following thread:

DO NOT SET THE PUBLISH DATE/TIME!  I will do this when I create the blog entry. 

Due date to post link to thread is December 27, 2023 by 12:00 AM EST. 

***Please keep this thread for discussion only.  Links should be posted in the separate thread for links only, listed above.  

This implies that CH is dead?? Or has he stopped writing/posting??

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Simon41 said:

Is CH dead or is he just taking a break from writing/posting??

If you've been away from the site for some time, here's a link which will give you your answer: 

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Simon41 said:

This implies that CH is dead?? Or has he stopped writing/posting??

I'm sorry to say that Carlos passed away in June of this year.  Thanks, @northie for posting the link to the blog.  Please see the post above for the link to the announcement.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I'm sorry to say that Carlos passed away in June of this year.  Thanks, @northie for posting the link to the blog.  Please see the post above for the link to the announcement.  

Well I agree....the death of Carlos Hazday is a great shame... Not least as he was only a few years older than me.. Obviously I didn't actually know the man but I loved his writings and characters..... They were my 'friends'!!

I was surprised that he published the continuing story outlines as they were no substitute for his writing.... Indeed I was disappointed... But now I understand why.

• Love 5
On 11/16/2023 at 6:00 AM, Valkyrie said:

Long May You Run - A Tribute to Carlos Hazday

Our beloved Carlos had a tradition of posting something new for his readers to enjoy on January first.  It was a great way to ring in the new year.  In this vein, we thought it would be fitting to feature a tribute to him on January 1, 2024. 

Anyone is welcome to contribute a story, letter, poem, or whatnot on a topic that resonates with them with respect to Carlos, be it bikes, tattoos, Florida, politics, writing, or something else. The rules are simple:

No minimum length

One submission per author, containing one chapter, or one prologue plus one chapter.

The usual GA content guidelines do apply. Please use appropriate genres, tags, and story/chapter notes as applicable for your submission along with any message you wish to add to your tribute. 

Post the link to the completed submission in this thread.

DO NOT SET THE PUBLISH DATE/TIME!  I will do this when I create the blog entry. 

Due date to post link to thread is December 27, 2023 by 12:00 AM EST. 

***Please keep this thread for submission links ONLY.  I will create a separate discussion thread.  This will likely be a popular event, so I really don't want to search for links through pages of discussion.  

Hi there!

Excuse my ignorance, I have something written for this Tribute to Carlos, but I'm not clear how to proceed to create a link or how to submit my proposed text...

JA

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
6 hours ago, JACC said:

Hi there!

Excuse my ignorance, I have something written for this Tribute to Carlos, but I'm not clear how to proceed to create a link or how to submit my proposed text...

JA

Thank you, @Bill W for answering this question :)

@JACC I'm so glad to hear you have something written for Carlos! You will upload your submission like you would a regular story or poetry - just don't publish it or set a publish date (I will set the publish date myself).  Then copy/paste the link to the links only thread.  If you have any trouble please let me know and I will try to talk you through it.  

Oh, and FYI, I moved the posts from you and Bill to the discussion thread since I'd like to keep the links thread for links only.  

• Love 4