Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

No Shirt? No Problem!

THANK YOU!!!!!!! :wub:

Well, guess what, it is being continued. :D There is a multi-chapter continuation underway, starting roughly where the short story leaves off. I'm about three chapters into it so far, but want to finish a little more (maybe one more chapter) so I can do a consistency check and pre-edit before sending it to my Editor. I hope to have it online here soon.

As for any other stuff I have out there: I just sent in an anthology submission, and if it's accepted "The Muse" will be in the Fall anthology. I will warn everyone though, it's nothing like "No Shirt, No Problem" in any way. :devil:

Sweet! I look forward to reading more about the guys, and your Anothology Submission! Thank you for the heads up!

Have a good one!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! I look forward to reading more about the guys, and your Anothology Submission! Thank you for the heads up!

Have a good one!

Thanks!!! The Anthology submission was accepted, so it will be in there (thank you Kitty!!). It's called "The Muse", but I should warn people that it is nothing like "No Shirt, No Problem". I'm biting the bullet and beginning to post chapters of a multi-chapter story about a week later (that one is a little more like "No Shirt, No Problem!"). I am still in need of a title, but if I don't think of one by posting time, keep a lookout for "insert title here" :D

I am still in need of a title, but if I don't think of one by posting time, keep a lookout for "insert title here" :D

How about 'A Goat's Tale' 0:):D:P

I can't wait to read your anthology story. 'The Muse' is an excellent title. I'm kinda hoping for a 'how to train your muse' manual, 'cause mine needs training badly - waffle over.

Camy B)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Thanks!!!!

Provided, of course, that it doesn't end up being entitled "insert title here" :blink:

How about 'A Goat's Tale' 0:):D:P

I can't wait to read your anthology story. 'The Muse' is an excellent title. I'm kinda hoping for a 'how to train your muse' manual, 'cause mine needs training badly - waffle over.

Camy B)

Hi Camy!! Well, "A Goat's Tale" is better then "insert Title Here", So that is a possibility! :lmao:

As for training the Muse, I do hope that your Muse treats you a little better then the one in "The Muse" tends to behave. :P

Just curious -- Cj, did you realise that you managed to keep your story thread alive all the way through to the next anthology? :P

:lmao: I never thought of that! :lmao:

Oh my, this could possibly imperil my reputation as a quiet and shy lurker :o

Edited by C James
  • 1 year later...
Guest rmdriver

:worship: May 30th 2008

CJames i loved your first story No Shirt? No Problem! It is a great song by Kenny Chesney. You should think about continuing the story with them going to college. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!! Bill

:worship: May 30th 2008

CJames i loved your first story No Shirt? No Problem! It is a great song by Kenny Chesney. You should think about continuing the story with them going to college. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!! Bill

Thank you!! And WElcome to the GA forums!!! :2thumbs:

I do have a storyline in mind for when they go back to college. The problem is, it wouldn't fit in a singe short story, but it wouldn't make a novel, either. I'm thinking about five chapters. That would be a novella, and I've never done one of those, which makes it very appealing. :)

I'll see what I can do. :)

I just noticed this topic was active, so I figured I would go ahead and read it. I'm glad I did. The only complaint I have is that it ended too soon. :P Other than that, it was great. Though they seemed oblivious each to the other's attractive, it was pretty obvious that they were interested in each other. I am still wondering if they ended up being a real couple or not. I guess that is something you wanted us to leave to our own imaginations. :)

Drake did that with one of his stories. He left the ending open and told the reader to come up with their own ending.

Then again, CJ did say he might somehow continue the story. I didn't know we were allowed to do that. I certainly would not object to having more of this story though. :D

• Site Moderator
Thank you!! And WElcome to the GA forums!!! :2thumbs:

I do have a storyline in mind for when they go back to college. The problem is, it wouldn't fit in a singe short story, but it wouldn't make a novel, either. I'm thinking about five chapters. That would be a novella, and I've never done one of those, which makes it very appealing. :)

I'll see what I can do. :)

Then again, CJ did say he might somehow continue the story. I didn't know we were allowed to do that. I certainly would not object to having more of this story though. :D

He could take it and make it into a novella as he stated and that would be good thing.

• Site Moderator

I recently worked on one for an author. In a few months, he plans to write another one from the pov of one of those characters and from an earlier point in the timeline.

I recently worked on one for an author. In a few months, he plans to write another one from the pov of one of those characters and from an earlier point in the timeline.

That's interesting. I've got one in the works once I get back to it. 0:)

• 4 months later...

It was kind of funny to me that you knew the Santa Barbara area so well! Goleta/Santa Barbara is my hometown, so it was a bit of surprise to read this and think about an area that I haven't been back to in a while. Lovely story, cute and light hearted. Not to mention, it's set in one of the prettiest parts of Cali ;D

It was kind of funny to me that you knew the Santa Barbara area so well! Goleta/Santa Barbara is my hometown, so it was a bit of surprise to read this and think about an area that I haven't been back to in a while. Lovely story, cute and light hearted. Not to mention, it's set in one of the prettiest parts of Cali ;D

I grew up in the area, so I do know it well. Actually, The fall from the cliff? I came rather close to doing that myself once. (YEah, I was dumb enough to try illegally climbing one of those unstable cliffs:))

Thanks for the feedback. That was a fun story to write. :)

CJames is a California fan. He's said it enough times. His antics of chasing Shadowgod reveal his love for SoCal.

Ahhh, but we're talking coastal soCal here, whilst Shadowgod lives in the Los Angeles area, far from the sea. :P

• Site Administrator
I grew up in the area, so I do know it well. Actually, The fall from the cliff? I came rather close to doing that myself once. (YEah, I was dumb enough to try illegally climbing one of those unstable cliffs:))

Well, well, well :P . So CJ finally admits that his affection for cliffs started a very young age :lol: .

Hopefully we don't hear anything more about him having nothing to do with cliffs :P

Well, well, well :P . So CJ finally admits that his affection for cliffs started a very young age :lol: .

Hopefully we don't hear anything more about him having nothing to do with cliffs :P

ACK, WILDONE!!

Now, ummm, remember, I was young and stupid, and it wasn't really a cliff.. it was just an unstable vertical surface. not even perfectly vertical, and it was only 60 or 70 feet...

You know I wouldn't really have anything to do with a cliff, right?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..