[dkstories] THE BULLY IS BACK !

I love this Chapter--Daniel is turning into a wonderfully complex character, capable of both love to his fellows and cruelty to the eight-graders. One thing made me REALLY jealous:

Our high school was a small one, just over a hundred kids including all these little seventh and eighth graders. There were barely thirty classrooms in the entire building, how hard was it to figure out where you
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! This gets better and better with each Chapter. I love the transformation you see in the characters in each chapter with Eddie getting softer and Dan getting harder. I agree with C James that at the beginning of the story I was sure that Daniel was gay but now I'm not so sure.

I'm looking forward to more!

Steve

I love this Chapter--Daniel is turning into a wonderfully complex character, capable of both love to his fellows and cruelty to the eight-graders. One thing made me REALLY jealous:

That's about 3 or 4 kids per classroom--now I've seen private schools with good student/teacher ratios, but this school is just outstanding! Even a great private school would be jealous of such a ratio.

--Rigel

Rigel, those are classrooms...as in rooms for classes...not necessarily all of them are in use at any given time. (For instance, there's a classroom for Home Economics, but there may only be ONE home ec class offered to every grade..so you'll have a class of Freshman to Seniors all taking the course together in the one classroom...with a 15 to 1 student/teacher ratio. However, there'll also be a few classes like French, for example where the ratio is 3 to 1 students to teacher. Figure most classes will average seven students, with the smallest having two and the largest having eighteen students. Still, a GREAT ratio...)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm a prediction addict, so, a few predictions!

Daniel isn't gay! He's just very gay-accepting. Joel, however, is gay, and Eddie ends up with Joel.

Any opinions, anyone?

Edited by C James
OK, I'm a prediction addict, so, a few predictions!

Daniel isn't gay! He's just very gay-accepting. Joel, however, is gay, and Eddie ends up with Joel.

Any opinions, anyone?

Or they could all be gay and end up together on Eddies grandfathers farm

how about that one

GREAT chapter!! :2thumbs:

Well, it looks like my Gaydar is up to it's usual high precision! I predicted that Danny was straight, and that Joel was gay.

When Danny started giving Eddie a hand job, I started to have an inkling of doubt about my "Danny is Straight" theory. :lmao:

Hmmm, Danny, a preacher's kid, and planning on joining the Navy. Do I see shades of DK there? :P

I loved the way they handled the blackmailer!! But, I suspect that we haven't heard the last of that problem!

And of course, the big question: Why is Joel Reynolds back, and what is his story?

Thank you DK and Emoe!

Nice job on the predictions, CJ!!! :stupid::lmao:

:lmao:

Well, I got 100% on my predictions! (100% wrong, but gotta have some spin! :P )

I also just realized that I forgot to include something in my original post: Now we know what happened between Eddie and the last Preacher's son.

I wonder: Did Eddie's dad suspect what was going on, and drive the Preacher and his family out of town?

What if Joel Reynolds was Eddie's Dad secret lover?!??!?! *makes that sound when someting shocking is displayed*

And Eddie's Dad found out that Joel was going out with some other guy, so Eddie became hostle to all gays?!?!?

Julian, you've been reading too many on-line gay stories to think that! :)

I was very nervous about this chapter, quite certain people were going to hate it for one reason or another...

BTW, I did get asked recently how long this story was going to be...the answer is I'm not exactly sure but it'll be more than ten and not more than 15. How's that for an answer?

I echo the earlier comments. Great chapter! An answer may be forming to the cryptic question in DK's teaser

but who will really change?
Through the first three chapters, Eddie was uptight and Daniel was loose; the contrast was comical. Not so in Chapter 4, and in Chapter 5 I see the reverse. It's Daniel who is "stiff as a board" (and not just Daniel junior!) while Eddie stays calm. It seems that Daniel has peeled back a prickly, brittle layer to reveal a very together Eddie. So, between the two of them, maybe it's Daniel who now faces a greater need to change.

Has anyone else noticed a similarity between Eddie and Yankee's Bobby? Both seem about to meet a successful gay couple (OK, I'm out there guessing who that other man is), previously driven from their community by someone close to home.

Edited by knotme

Great chapter. This is the best stuff you've written, DK, and that's saying a lot.

Reading Chapter 5, the potential parallel that ran through my head was Deke Owens as closeted odd-man out in relation to Eddie & Danny, and the possibility that Eddie's father is/was in a similar situation with Joel Reynolds and Joel's beau.

Joel's liberal mother Eugenia in the family's living room behind the motel brings to mind what must be going on on in the family quarters at the Lakeway Hotel in Meade, Kansas.

--Rigel

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

My god! You know how hard it is living with is ego NOW?!? Keep this up and... well...

Just get other things to swell as a method of distraction, then once they shrink, point him to the computer so he can get more work done :great:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

My god! You know how hard it is living with is ego NOW?!? Keep this up and... well...

0:)

Just get other things to swell as a method of distraction, then once they shrink, point him to the computer so he can get more work done :great:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

The above is why I now make it a point to remove any beverages from the vicinity prior to reading posts here! I've spent far too much on keyboard replacement already! :lmao::lmao::2thumbs:

Hmmmm, a question: Did anyone else here (besides me) believe that Danny was straight, and that Joel was gay? I'm wondering if it's just my perhaps-not-quite-perfect gaydar, or whether DK was intentionally going for that impression?

... Hmmmm, a question: Did anyone else here (besides me) believe that Danny was straight, and that Joel was gay? I'm wondering if it's just my perhaps-not-quite-perfect gaydar, or whether DK was intentionally going for that impression?
Yeah, this story keeps getting better. Eddie and Danny have developed into thoroughly loveable characters. I can't help rooting for them both. I love where I think this story is headed. I would not want to debate Daniel. That boy is fast on his feet! He seems to be using his family reputation and his considerable wit to blaze a trail for Eddie, but how does he personally feel about gays? I can't tell! ...
So Danny had me guessing earlier. :blink: I never gave much thought to Joel. I think it's the romantic in you that insists that someone handy to Eddie be gay, so if not Danny, then Joel. B)
... Hmmmm, a question: Did anyone else here (besides me) believe that Danny was straight, and that Joel was gay? I'm wondering if it's just my perhaps-not-quite-perfect gaydar, or whether DK was intentionally going for that impression?
Yeah, this story keeps getting better. Eddie and Danny have developed into thoroughly loveable characters. I can't help rooting for them both. I love where I think this story is headed. I would not want to debate Daniel. That boy is fast on his feet! He seems to be using his family reputation and his considerable wit to blaze a trail for Eddie, but how does he personally feel about gays? I can't tell! ...

So Danny had me guessing earlier. :blink: I never gave much thought to Joel. I think it's the romantic in you that insists that someone handy to Eddie be gay, so if not Danny, then Joel. B)

I had a hunch that somebody in the story had to be gay (being gay fiction and all :D ) but as for Danny and Joel, I drew my conclusions from their actions.

Danny I thought to be straight due to his "gay act" at school: I couldn't imagine any gay-and-not-out person doing that.

As for Joel, it was his questions to Danny about whether Homosexuality could be cured: sounded to me as if he was asking for himself, so I pegged him as gay.

Have you ever read Dom Luka's "Desert Dropping"? In case you haven't, I'll be vague here: I missed all the clues regarding who turned out to be gay. But, when i went back and read the old forum threads (I read DD before I registered here at GA) it turned out that most of the forum members had figured it out in advance, and many felt it was obvious.

The scariest thing here is that in real life, my gaydar is nowhere near as good as it is online! :o