[dkstories] THE BULLY IS BACK !

I've often wondered how much of gaydar is really a combination of lust and wishful thinking.

I've long wondered that myself, though I think there is an aspect of interpreting subtle clues, such as rainbow stickers on cars, and noticing how other guys react to them. :P

Some people are just better at it than others. I'm unfortunately one of the "not too good at it".

The most shining example that my gaydar is slightly out-of-tune occurred while I was in college. I ended up splitting a trailer with a friend of my some of my friends. It was great, bot man, was he distracting! He was very hot, and almost never wore more than shorts (this was in Phoenix, during late spring and summer). We

became good friends, partied a lot, the usual college stuff.

Long story short, something happened that actually gave me a "ping" on my gaydar: We'd had sex, and he had started it.

We had a long and funny conversation after that. As it turned out, he was gay, and out, and thought I knew! Our mutual freinds knew we were both gay, and never bothered to mention it! I'd even asked on of them if she thought he would be "OK with it" if I came out to him, and she said "yeah, probably." :blink:

As it turned out, he said he'd been flirting with me for a while (something else I have trouble detecting) and I'd mised subtle clues such as the rainbow sticker on his car (I'd seen it, just had no idea what it was).

So, that was how I ended up with my first real boyfriend: we dated (and lived together) for about half a year after that, until he moved out of state. He's one of several people from college that I'm still in touch with, and he was one of the friends I went on the houseboat trip with a couple of weeks ago.

So, yes, I'm not kidding when I say my gaydar is a little in need of fine-tuning! :lmao:

There's a different term for that EMoe...it's called Wishdar :P

Vic :great:

Now that I can do, no problem! :D:P

I'll be honest...I shaded the story a bit in 1-4 to give doubt about Danny...although the Joel questions about being 'cured' were because of things his liberal mother had told him...

Ahhhh! Thank you DK! So, I'm not completely oblivious (just 99% or so.. :D ).

That was very cleverly done, very subtle. At the very start of the story I was thinking that Eddie was gay, but hadn't admitted it to himself yet, and that was very well done too.

So, did anyone besides me think Danny was straight? And if so, when did you start thinking he was gay? (for me, it was the hand job).

Edited by C James
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I know Bully chapters come out a lot less frequently than a lot of people would like, but the response to this little story has been very phenomenal and I'm not going to neglect the story. The sad truth is that the story takes longer for me to write because it is somewhat different than what I'm use to writing.

That being said, Emoe now has Chapter 6 in his in-box for editing. If we're lucky, he'll get it back in time for me to post next Tuesday. That's what I'd hope, but if he's busy and can't get it back to me until later, I'll either post it next Friday (with Dreams coming out on Tuesday instead) or the week after.

I think you'll enjoy the chapter...

hmmm so THIS is why everyone loves dkstories!! I admit up until this morning I was a DK virgin. When I decided it was time to do what so many people had been telling me to do, "read one of Dan's stories!!" Well i'm SOOOOOO glad I did, I LOVE it!! I join the addicted.

hmmm so THIS is why everyone loves dkstories!!

psssst...Vance, don't admit to 'loving' dkstories. You can say you love his stories, but not him. His BF can get VERY jealous :2hands:

Vic :unsure:

P.S. - if you plan to start reading one of his longer series, be prepared to set aside hours, if not days. I spent quite the marathon reading DO & DOR....at work :P

Welcome to the fold, Vance.

I've been a DK addict for many years now.

BTW, I think Bully should get its own listing up top. Call it senelity but the posts down here falls below the bottom of my screen and I forget to scroll down so it takes awhile before I notice a new posting down here. B)

Welcome to the fold, Vance.

I've been a DK addict for many years now.

BTW, I think Bully should get its own listing up top. Call it senelity senility but the posts down here falls below the bottom of my screen and I forget to scroll down so it takes awhile before I notice a new posting down here. B)

I know I said I wasn't going to post in here as much, but I just couldn't resist the urge to correct my editor's spelling.

Well, I ,too, was a dkstories virgin. This story is GREAT :2thumbs: Can't wait for more. I am pleased. And I found this story by accident. I think I got shoved in here by another GA author's site. Then I saw the story title The Bully and next thing I know, I'm hooked.

Marco

I know I said I wasn't going to post in here as much, but I just couldn't resist the urge to correct my editor's spelling.

:off: DAMN! where's the spell check button on these forums...

Heh! Editor-teasing: America's new favorite passtime! :P

I personally find the spell-check in the google toolbar invaluable. I have poor spelling plus a penchant for typos, so I use it to check my forum posts.

I believe there is also and Add-in for IE that can spell-check.

Hmmmm, I'm wondering how long the "secret" of the relationship will last in "the Bully". The chance of a secret being kept is inversely proportional to the number of people who know it, so I'm thinking that there will be trouble ahead in this regard.

Wow! Bully Chapter 6 is out, and the complexity of the characters just gets thicker. It's some of Dan's finest writing, because he's finally conveying a wealth of information subtly through what's NOT being said.

--Rigel

A very intreguing chapter!

The portrayal of emotions was superb, as was the lead-in to the growing conflict for Eddie.

I wonder what his father's reaction to Joe's visit will be?

Three Cheers for Eddie's Grandparents!

The dynamics in the living room scene were indeed well done and compelling. :thumbup: I was most taken, however, by the inversion of my previous view of this small town vs the world: Until now, the outside world was a place to run to, away from the small-town atmosphere and Eddie's father. Now we see the cruelty and baggage of this outside world driving Joel and his partner back into the neighborhood. Of course, they didn't intend to get this close to Eddie or his father. <_< Still, within this chapter, the outside world has flipped from positive to negative! :o

km

PS. intreguing Yep. My Mac's universal spell-checker works. :P:off:

Edited by knotme
I'll be honest...I shaded the story a bit in 1-4 to give doubt about Danny...although the Joel questions about being 'cured' were because of things his liberal mother had told him...

Really? Hmm, I seriously need to stop reading to many stories making me to attuned to stuff, hehe. I had no doubts that Danny was Gay and wanted to get it on with Eddie. Although now, im still cant know what will happen next...I could make theories...but i dont want it to influence you and change something :lol:

Will be waiting for you next Bully chapter.

Jules

• 2 weeks later...

Well I too was a DK virgin until I read the Bully. 0:) I chatted with you, and read some of your entries here and there and thought " I need to read some of Dans stories". Not being much of a Sic/fi fan, but I'm willing to try, I thought "The Bully" would be a good place to start.

This is a really good story. I like how you slowly introduced us to the reasons why Eddie is a bully. Big tough guy with an even bigger heart, that he doesn't want to get hurt again, and Danny being the cure for what ailes him.

I do wonder about Eddie's dad, and Joel Reynolds previous relationship. Maybe I'm thinking too deep, but I thought that Eddie's reaction to loosing his friend and possibly lover, and his dad's reaction to finding Joel Reynolds getting a B.J. were so similar, that maybe they had been fooling around, and that is why Eddies father is sooo anti gay, and so mean. :devil: Joel Reynolds broke his heart, and that is why he ran him out of town... :( ....maybe.

I like the way Danny broke the ice off of Eddie's heart, and how much they turn each other on. Reading Danny boys explination of what he sees in Eddie, lets you know there is more than lust at work here. :wub:

I hope we get to find out why Joel is named after Joel Reynolds. :blink:

Ex.

Edited by ex52tech