Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 827 Words
  • 1,144 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 25. Chapter 25

I am so sorry this chapter has taken so long. I had a serious case of writers block. I've re-written it several times.
I hope you enjoy it.

Sitting down at dinner that night Mom, the grandparents and Uncle Ted did everything to change the subject anytime it related to our family’s hidden talents.

There was a break in questions when Mrs. Andrews spoke; “Matt, I have some very good news for you. It seems that with your studying and testing it has paid off and you will graduate this June with your class.”

“Seriously,” I asked getting super excited.

“Yes, while you won’t make Valedictorian or Salutatorian you are within the top ten of your class.”

“That’s awesome,” Brody said with a huge smile.

“That’s very good news.” I said.

“You seem disappointed,” Mom said and dad nodded in agreement.

“I just didn’t expect to be so high in the class,” I sighed.

“Matt, your home teacher has been very impressed with your grades and you’ve made strides given all the hurdles you’ve had to clear,” Mrs. Andrews said.

“Matt, Laura is right. You’ve been busting your tail to get assignments completed,” Dad said.

“It’s just I don’t feel that I deserve it. Maybe the classes were too easy?”

Mom, dad and Mrs. Andrews broke into laughter.

“Mattie, honey, your taking several college level course, which are like taking AP classes,” Mom said.

“You’ve always been super smart,” Nicky said with a smile.

“You ok Nathan?” I asked as I noticed this sad look on his face.

“I let Jonah and Mark interfere with my schooling and I paid for it.”

“Well Nate, when you start taking the classes for being a therapist, you can make up for it,” Luca said. “After you get a degree high school just becomes a blip on the radar.”

“Will you be going to college?” I asked.

“I’ve been talking with Emerson and Jeff and applied for scholarships and admission too,” Luca replied.

“Where did you apply to?” Dad asked.

“Penn State; they have some really great programs.”

“That is where Tristan and TJ sent all their kids,” Grandpa added.

“Do we have our own building?” I asked.

“No, we do not. Is that where you applied Nathaniel?”

“Yes, Grandpa. Emerson spoke very highly of the different programs.”

“Your mother chose not to go there despite all the programs they offered. I am glad to hear you will be attending the family alma mater.”

“Why didn’t you go mom?” I asked.

“Lots of reasons, for one I wanted to be away from family.”

“No, you wanted to follow a certain football player,” Grandma interrupted. “You were so enamored with him.”

“You mean there was someone else besides dad?” Nicky joked.

“It was your father,” Mom said. “He may not look like it anymore but he was a heck of a football player.”

“If your cooking wasn’t so damn delicious, I’d still have my figure,” Dad said and everyone laughed.

“Where did you go to school?” Luca asked.

“Johns Hopkins in Baltimore,” Dad replied.

“They have a football team?” Luca said perplexed.

“Division 3,” Dad replied.

“I guess every time I hear about the school it’s about its top notch medical school.”

“Yes, Hopkins is more known for the Medical school but they do have some really great programs.”

“Don’t let him fool you Luca,” Mom began “He was accepted to Stanford, Princeton and University of Pennsylvania.”

“What made you land on Johns Hopkins?” Luca asked.

“I went for Civil Engineering and while my parents and brother were in Ohio, I lived with my grandmother in Maryland since I was 14 and wanted to remain nearby. She encouraged me to go where ever I wanted but I couldn’t leave her.”

“Why did you live with her?”

“My grandfather died in the attack on the Pentagon on September 11th, 2001. He was retired military and working as a civilian for the U.S. Army. After he died, my father tried to get her to move back to Ohio but she refused. My dad speculated that my grandmother may have believed that one day my Grandfather would return.”

“That’s kind of sad,” Luca said wiping away tears.

“She lived until the summer of my senior year of college. I lived on campus but made frequent trips to her house, which was down the street from the Michaels.”

“That’s cool you would give up your life for your grandma,” Luca said.

“If I hadn’t, I’d never have met the love of my life.”

“I believe things happen for a reason,” Luca began “While what happened to Nathan was terrible, it caused our paths to cross. I know he is going to do great things, I can feel it.”

“Thanks Luca,” Nathan said blushing.

“Matt, I heard about your story from Nathan on how you and Brody met. I know that you two will be together forever as it was meant to be.”

Mom gave Luca this strange look and I could tell Grandpa and her were getting curious about something.

“So Luca,” Grandpa began “Tell us more about your family.”

So, we've learned about a few relationships.
Any guess as to what is peaking the interest of Mattie's mom and grandfather?
Thanks for reading.
Hope to hear from you via a comment, reaction or both.
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 19
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Curious about Luca’s family and his special abilities. It seems that he can predict the future. I didn't see that with the famous  ancestors of the Michaels.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, dutch woman said:

Curious about Luca’s family and his special abilities. It seems that he can predict the future. I didn't see that with the famous  ancestors of the Michaels.

I touched on Luca's family before.... BRIEFLY. 

I will not deep dive but will make it known how he fits.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..