Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,210 Words
  • 2,553 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 3. Chapter 3

Still looking for an editor... please PM if interested.

“Hey buddy, any plans tonight,” Noah asked while fixing his hair.

“Nope, just staying home tonight; Mark has a date,” I replied plopping down on his bed. “So where’s the big party at tonight?”

“Alice’s parents are out of town and she’s throwing a ragger. It’s going to be epic.”

“When will you be home?”

“I’m going to be out late. Mom lifted my curfew,” he said and turned and smiled at me.

“Lucky. It’s not like I have that many friends anyhow,” a tear escaped my eye.

“Hey, don’t be down on yourself. You’ll make new friends soon enough.”

“I miss my friends.”

“Look Mattie, they obviously weren’t your friends if they couldn’t handle when you came out. A true friend wouldn’t run away, a true friend like Mark.”

“Yeah I guess.”

“The guys should be here soon, why don’t you stay in here and use my X-Box and big screen.”

Noah picked up his phone as it chimed “The guys are here. Will you be alright?”

I nodded my head but I wasn’t really sure.

“Mom and Dad are out and Nathan is with his friends and Nick is who knows where. You got the house to yourself… just no porn.” Noah said and ruffled my hair, kissed my forehead and left.

I played X-Box for a bit but it sucks when you’re the only player. I left the room and went downstairs and sat in the recliner with the TV on a cooking channel. I was startled awake by someone pounding on the door.

“Jesus Nathan, did you forget your keys again,” I said while opening the door.

“Young man, I am looking for Mr. or Mrs. Jacobs.” The officer said.

“They aren’t home. Is there something I can help you with?”

“Can you get a hold of them? We have an urgent issue that needs their attention.”

Right on cue Dad’s F-150 came roaring up the street and into the driveway and mom jumped out of the car at sight of the police car.

“Is something wrong?”

“Are you Mrs. Jacobs?” mom nodded in the affirmative and dad walked over.

“There is no easy way to say this but your son Noah has been in an accident and didn’t make it.”

I heard mom scream and start crying and I felt my whole world falling apart.

 

“Mattie, wake up,” I heard mom say while shaking my arm.

“What… what’s going on?”

“You must have had a bad nightmare; I was in the kitchen when I heard an ear piercing scream.”

“I was dreaming about the night Noah died,” I said and broke into tears.

“I thought as much,” mom said as she sat next to me on the bed and held me. “He was your world.”

“Is everything ok?” Dad asked coming into the room.

“Yes honey, it was just a bad dream.”

“You might consider the Olympics dear. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone move like that. I don’t even think you touched the stairs.”

“Mom! Dad!” Nick yelled from downstairs.

“Come downstairs and let’s talk.” Mom said and the three of us descended the stairs.

“Hello Nick,” Dad said taking a seat in his recliner. “Why is the TV paused?”

“You got to see this. Matt made the news.”

“He what?” Mom gasped looking over at Nick.

“Watch.” He replied as he unpaused the TV.

“I’m Tracy Wilkins here at Bowie High School, where a video was posted this afternoon showing a student being bullied and the teacher joining in. I’ll have more on the student and local reaction from some of the parents coming up.”

Nick blasted past the commercials and the news segment resumed.

“Bowie High School has been in the news for the past few years with various issues surrounding the school,” Jim Handley the news anchor said. “The school has been through 10 principals in the past 5 years.”

“From fights to bomb threats, no one has been able to control the school. Earlier today on TikTok a video was posted showing a young man being bullied by his peers and the teacher,” Doreen Genzler the news anchor said. “Our Prince George’s County Bureau Chief Tracy Wilkins has more.”

“Thanks Jim and Doreen. The student was identified by multiple people as Matthew Jacobs a sophomore here at the school. We understand from talking to some students and from the video that the bullying was over the recent loss of Noah Jacobs.”

“Noah was Matt’s older brother, his hero,” Brody Andrews said. “It devastated the whole family, me included.”

“Were you friends with Noah?”

“He was like a brother to me; I am friends with his brother Nathan.”

Off camera came the angry voice of Brody’s mother “Brody what are you doing?”

“Ok, looks like we have a bit of an issue here,” Tracy said as the camera focused on her. “Let’s take a look here at the video.”

It wasn’t just a short TikTok video, it was the whole clip that included me wetting myself. I tried to bury myself into my mother.

“Son of biscuit eater” Dad shouted.

“This whole generation and video everything; I know it was Mark.” Mom fumed. “Turn this crap off.”

Mom and Dad’s phone’s started to go nuts with messages and calls. I just hung my head as mom and dad paced around talking to their parents. I don’t know what I am going to do now.

“Turn off all your phones,” Mom said. “Where in the hell is Nathan?”

“Let me text him,” Nick said.

“Matt, are you ok?” Dad asked coming to sit next to me.

I shook my head no and he pulled me into him and I started to cry all over again. There was a knock at the door and it was my Uncles Ron and Tony.

“Ron thanks so much for coming over,” Mom said and kissed his cheek.

“Anything for family,” He said and smiled.

“Mom sure works fast,” Dad said looking at his brother.

“Considering we live close to you and were watching the news too. Is it true they suspended you?” Ron asked

“Yeah they did.”

“It was uncalled for and if anyone should be suspended it should be the teacher and that damn principal.” Mom said

Uncle Tony had been rather quiet and was observing the situation.

“I’ve been asked to come out of retirement,” he said.

“For what?” Dad asked.

“You remember I was a principal in the south part of the county. I turned that school around and ran a tight ship. Laura asked me if I would consider coming to Bowie and using my iron fist.”

“You did make a big difference.” Uncle Ron said. “Why am I just hearing this for the first time?”

“I met with Laura today actually and didn’t get the chance to talk to you. I did give her one condition though. I want you to be one of the assistant principals.”

We were interrupted by Nathan and Brody coming in the door.

“Dad, the front yard is filled with media people,” Nathan said placing his football gear by the stairs.

Dad walked over to the big bay window and drew the privacy curtain and sure enough the media was out front.

So a little taste of Noah's tragedy.
Now that the news has picked up the story... things are going to happen rather quickly.
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 6
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 9
  • Angry 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

17 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Bring in the hammer!!

Something will happen before Principal Asshat leaves. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Well that explains a bit about Noah.

The power of Social Media and Mattie and his bullying make the main news.

Things are gonna get interesting.

Yes things are going to get very interesting. 

Making the news is part of what drives a few things. 

More about Noah will be forth coming. 

Edited by AquariusGuy
  • Love 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Principal Asshat should be immediately barred from entering or crossing on to school grounds.

Another point I would like to make that has been overlooked I think, is Matt and the rest of the family need professional help and counseling, if they have had som...it wasn't enough!

Thanks for the comment.

Principal Asshat won't go down easy.... 

Matt is in therapy and it will be addressed but he was hospitalized for care for a bit. We just haven't seen him in that setting.

As a person who lost a sister I know what it's like when your family doesn't go to therapy. I am drawing from my experience.... here I am 7 years later and I've been in 3 years and my parents haven't gone.

  • Love 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, BoyLove said:

Well I just started reading this story a little bit ago, and damn, you already got me crying...ugh! Yeah, I am a very emotional person...sue me!😂 But I do agree with Dr Sawzall, they all should get some treatment mentally.

Sorry to make you cry. If it's any help sometimes I do get sad when I write or read other stories knowing darn well it's fiction. To me it also means I am getting to my readers which is something I want to achieve. 

See my response to Dr Sawzall about the therapy.... 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, AquariusGuy said:

Sorry to make you cry. If it's any help sometimes I do get sad when I write or read other stories knowing darn well it's fiction. To me it also means I am getting to my readers which is something I want to achieve. 

See my response to Dr Sawzall about the therapy.... 

No, don't be sorry. I am glad in a way, because it is a very emotional story, and that the characters are portrayed very well.

  • Love 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..