Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 973 Words
  • 2,192 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 5. Chapter 5

When we arrived dad had to fight through the reporters flanking the car trying to get our attention.

“Oh look Principal Hastings is giving some kind of interview,” I said and slouched back further in my seat.

“Trying to control the narrative, most likely,” Dad said rolling his window down. “Paul you won’t ticket me will you? Need to run Matt inside.”

“I charge by the minute Nate,” Mr. Baker said with a laugh.

I didn’t get the joke but both my parents joined in with laughter, old people. I grabbed my bag from the floor to signal my readiness to go inside.

“Matt, we won’t allow the reporters near the building. It is safe for you to exit the truck.” Mr. Baker said.

We walked in the building and while hearing the reporters shouting to get my attention. The police weren’t just present outside but inside as well. They had to check the id’s of everyone entering. We bypassed the office and went to the attendance office. Brody was there as he worked there during first period and he helped get me signed in.

“Mrs. Jacobs, my mom is here and asked to speak with you and Mr. Jacobs.”

“Ok; Mattie go to class and call us if you need anything.”

“I have my phone with me,” I took it out and showed her.

“Um, I could walk you to class if you’d like,” Brody said with a blush.

“Err ok.” I wonder what this was about. Mom and dad smiled at his offer. “I’ll be right back, need to use the facilities.”

I walked down the hall to the bathroom across from the main office. I had to go so bad I didn’t notice I was being followed until I heard a click and spun around.

“Mr. Hastings, Good morning.”

“Mr. Jacobs, late again I see.”

“Yes, I had a doctor’s appointment.” I said and tried to dial someone from my apple watch and I remember three rapid clicks and 911 is automatically called.

“Likely story, your parents would go along with anything you say. I can see right through you.”

“I assure you I’m not a ghost,” I said with nervous laughter.

“You see in here, I’m in charge and no matter what you do or say no one will believe you.”

“Mr. Hastings, I would like to use the bathroom and go to class. As you said I am already late.”

Mr. Hastings looked at me for a minute and I saw the most sinister look on his face.

“When I am through with you no one will believe you. I’ll just say I was in here to use the bathroom and you made a move and I had to defend myself,” Mr. Hastings said and shoved be against the wall. I felt a trickle down my leg and sighed.

“Oh look, he wet himself again; such a little baby, pees when he’s scared.”

I stepped away and he pushed me again and my head hit the wall hard. I started having burry vision and felt like I was going to puke. The last thing I heard was pounding on the door before it went dark.

My eyes started to flicker open and I could feel someone holding my hand and verbally willing me to wake up and it took me a minute but I realized it was Nathan.

“Mom, I think he’s waking up,” Nathan said excitedly but didn’t let go of my hand.

“I’ll let the nurse know,” I heard Nick say.

I closed my eyes and felt Nathan let go of my hand and it was replaced by my mother’s hand.

“Mattie, how are you feeling?”

I groaned and felt her grip my hand tighter.

“Is he awake?” I could hear someone say.

“He squeezed my handed and looked at me,” Nathan said excitedly. “Why isn’t he awake?”

“With head trauma and being in a coma, usually it takes a bit to come out of it.”

“Doctor, will he be alright?” Nick said with worry evident.

“There is no way to know until our little sleeper here is awake and we can run some tests. Until then, let sleeping beauty wake up on his own accord.”

I fell back asleep and over the course of the day I heard I heard bits and pieces of conversations including Mark and his father come to visit. I also overheard the nurse telling my parents that I had a visitor every night. He was a young man, very good looking, muscular and blond. She told my parents that he would just sit there and watch me sleep and occasionally brush the hair out of my eyes. I could narrow the person down to two people, Brandon, Mark’s older brother and Brody, Nathan’s friend.

“It has to be someone we know, Nate.” I could hear mom say. “Or the guard wouldn’t let him in.”

“I just hope it’s not Jonah.”

“Oh, jeez he fits the bill too. I should create a visitors log for the room and have the guard get people to sign in.”

“When did Jonah get back from rehab? You’d figure after we saw him on the street by the house and had your father come over, he would take the damn hint.”

“Do we have pictures of the boys? Maybe we can show the guard?”

I fell back into my abyss and was willing myself to have an encounter with Noah. I didn’t see him but I could feel his presence. I felt someone touch my face and I opened my eyes a little and saw someone and heard crying. Come on Mattie focus, who is this mystery hunk that comes to visit me. My eyes focus and I can’t believe who is sitting there. Brody Andrews, the jock, Nathan’s best friend since preschool.

I know this chapter is a bit shorter but I want to build a bit of anticipation...
How long has he been in the coma?
What happened to Hastings?
Most important who was banging on the door?
Thanks for reading.
Please leave a comment, reaction or both.
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 5
  • Wow 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That Principle is an asshole, I hope someone dealt with him.

How long has Mattie been in a coma and why is Brody visiting him.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

That Principle is an asshole, I hope someone dealt with him.

How long has Mattie been in a coma and why is Brody visiting him.

So all the above will be addressed next chapter. 

Some hints:

Read the description of the story.

Re-read the chapter.

Edited by AquariusGuy
  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

Tomato potato

I thought the saying was Tomato,to-mought-o. But I digress.(did I spell that right?)

Hastings is not only a Point Of Sale(see first chapter comments) but he's not very smart even if he isn't caught for doing what he did Mattie got hurt again at his school under his watch he has to know that doesn't look good

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I thought the saying was Tomato,to-mought-o. But I digress.(did I spell that right?)

Hastings is not only a Point Of Sale(see first chapter comments) but he's not very smart even if he isn't caught for doing what he did Mattie got hurt again at his school under his watch he has to know that doesn't look good

We have a strict no return policy and Hastings is going/has gone down. 

@Wesley8890doesn't know the difference between a tomato and a potato. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 9/20/2022 at 10:49 AM, Albert1434 said:

Mr. Hasting needs to bit the farm! They should sue that hell out of him!

Slow and painfully!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..