Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 992 Words
  • 1,389 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 23. Chapter 23

This chapter is shorter than usual but something interesting happens to Mattie.

“What do you mean he was sent for an evaluation?” I asked.

Grayson chuckled before answering “Well, when the judge watched the tape he only saw Jonah talking to himself. The video showed the entire room, his lawyers and us but not Jack.”

“So he looked like he was talking to himself.”

“Yes, that’s exactly what it looked like. His lawyers are saying that Noah is alive and that he was there but they can’t offer any proof.”

“Do you think this will actually help?” Mom asked.

“I can’t go into detail but the Judge isn’t buying their crap about a ghost.” Grayson replied. “He and I had a talk about everything ahead of time, so I knew just what we needed to do to make things legal.”

“What if the opposing lawyers find out about your meeting?” Dad asked.

“They won’t and I know that for a fact,” Grayson said.

“How can you be so sure,” Mom asked.

“Meg, you know how,” Grayson said and gave mom this look.

“I see,” Mom replied and looked uncomfortable. “Guys just know it was a secure conversation.”

There was a lot more talk between the adults about what was going on and what was happening. I was still very upset about Chase and what he had done and went to my room to avoid anyone. When I entered I found Chase sitting on the bed.

“What are you doing here?” I demanded.

“Look Matt, I just want to explain,” Chase said and when his hand touched my arm I felt this strange sensation and I wasn’t standing in my room any more, but I was looking at Chase and some kid from his new school named Danny.

“So this boy came out to you? Did he offer to suck your dick?” Danny scoffed.

“Nothing like that at all; I’ve known Matt for years and I was just surprised at him telling me,” Chase responded.

“Well Chase, you’ve got only one option and that is jump the fag.”

“I can’t do that, Matt is my friend.”

“Well, I will tell the whole school you are a fag and let’s see how the new boy does, shall we?”

“I just can’t Danny if my parents find out I will be toast.”

“Why are they fag lovers too?”

“They accepted Matt when he came out but our families are friends and have been for decades.”

“Well, looks like you need to end that friendship. My family is a whole lot wealthier and you need to have better friends.”

“I can’t do that to my friend,” Chase pleaded. “I thought I could talk to you about this, as your brother is gay.”

“Ha, I am working on a way to convince my parent to cut my brother out. I’m just going to say he molested me and problem solved.”

“That’s fucked up.”

“Decision time Chase or I send a text.”

Chase stood there like a deer in headlights and I already knew what his decision was.

“No, don’t touch my friend,” Chase said and walked away.

Things moved in a fast forward and I remember Chase had asked me to meet him so we could talk.

“What are you doing here Danny?” Chase said.

“Greg and I are here to nail the fag,” Danny said.

“What?” Chase shouted. “You can’t.”

I saw myself sitting on the park bench and watched as they approached and Danny ran towards me and hit me in the face. I heard Chase scream out my name but I don’t remember hearing him do so when I was getting beat.

“I’m calling the police,” Chase said.

“Go ahead and see how you fair?” Danny laughed and shoved Chase who fell back and landed on my arm breaking it.

The ambulance showed up but Chase, Danny and Greg were nowhere to be seen. Things seem to fast forward again and I saw Chase crying a lot and I he did try to admit what happened to the police but everyone laughed and no one believed him.

“Matt are you ok?” Brody said as he cradled my head.

“What happened?” I asked confused.

“We think when Chase touched your arm it set off a panic attack,” Mom said.

“No it didn’t, I swear. It was really strange. I saw the day Chase talked to Danny to get some guidance about me and then Danny vowed to assault me. Chase didn’t set me up like I though, he was coming to talk to me, maybe to warn me when his so called friends Danny and Greg jumped me.”

“How do you know this,” Brody asked.

“I don’t know it was like a life time movie. He even went to the police and they laughed at him.”

“Why would the police laugh?” Mom asked.

“They are from wealthy family that has some pull.”

“Chase,” Brody yelled. “Come here and bring mom and dad.”

The Andrews clan including Asher walked into the room and I relayed the story to Mr. and Mrs. Andrews.

“Chase, is this true?” Mrs. Andrews asked.

With his head hung down he whispered out a yes.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Mr. Andrews demanded.

“I had no evidence and the police wouldn’t believe me, so why would you.”

“Look Chase, we’re your parents and we would have done everything in our power. Most importantly we would have made you talk to Matt,” Mrs. Andrews said.

Conversation steered to who Danny and Greg were and what Chase knew and didn’t know about them. Grayson said he was very familiar with the Evers and Lewis families. Apparently they were untouchable in terms of business dealings. The government was never able to directly tie them to shady deals and some other financial dealings.

I laid on the floor with my head still in Brody’s lap listening to the conversations when a thought occurred to me: “Mom, Dad, how come I was able to see the past?”

Thank you for reading.
So Mattie has the ability that TJ had to time travel and see past events. What do you think Meg and Nate Sr. are going to say?
Please leave a comment, reaction or both.
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 17
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just now, VBlew said:

So, Matt has some of the family abilities, are there more coming?

That is a handy ability, but it seemed to need touch to initiate, and he seemed to be out while it happened, so would need someone protective around him while it happens in the future.

Let's just say things for Mattie will get interesting. This was his first time seeing the past and someone will help him fine tune the ability. 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Let me try again

OMG I CANT BELIEVE MATTIE HAS POWERS!!!!!

Sir, you and I both know that this is over the top. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
47 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Let me try again

OMG I CANT BELIEVE MATTIE HAS POWERS!!!!!

Better but its still not a classic @Wesley8890 comment.....no profanity

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I actually typed out a comment but I guess I didn't hit the add comment  button hard enough this only happens when I'm using the smartphone guess I'm not so smart:huh::blink:

My comment such as it was is I'm guessing  Mattie's parents and older relatives are familiar with what T.J. was able to do so they will know how to plan how to use it with Mattie

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Well I did not expect that Mattie is becoming a bit more than human, if he can rerun his life like a movie then he will have way more insight into how and why things happen plus maybe just maybe he will be able to see in the future, interesting developments ahead 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, weinerdog said:

I actually typed out a comment but I guess I didn't hit the add comment  button hard enough this only happens when I'm using the smartphone guess I'm not so smart:huh::blink:

My comment such as it was is I'm guessing  Mattie's parents and older relatives are familiar with what T.J. was able to do so they will know how to plan how to use it with Mattie

Yes adults know about TJ and what the rest of the family could do. I will address why it really isn't the main focus anymore and what caused that to happen. Who's to say the others don't have a capability or two.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well I did not expect that Mattie is becoming a bit more than human, if he can rerun his life like a movie then he will have way more insight into how and why things happen plus maybe just maybe he will be able to see in the future, interesting developments ahead 

I honestly wasn't going to connect the stories but it just happened. Mainly they can see the past but I'll have to re-read my story as I don't recall if anyone could see the future. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, chris191070 said:

So Mattie is developing powers, he's gonna need someone to teach him how to use them properly.

There will be someone to offer him some guidance and get things under control. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..