Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 987 Words
  • 1,314 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 22. Chapter 22

Will the real Chase please stand up.

After the whole taping at the office I was completely unsure how this was going to play out.

Until Baker and family could be arrested we were sent to the family house on the east side of Manhattan. Initially a family member built the building and our family owned several of the top floors. Over the years as people moved out other cousins and uncles and aunts bought the different units from the owners. We owned all but the first five floors but it sounded like those were in the process of being purchased. The Amtrak ride was uneventful which was a bit surprising. Apparently they made it look like we were flying and Baker’s goons were at the airport.

The view from the 95th floor of Manhattan was stunning. Seeing the New York from this vantage point is something I won’t forget. I scanned the skyline and looked at each building. When I saw the World Trade Center in the distance I stopped and thought about that day and how we were taught about it in history class. Mom said it wasn’t something a lot of people talked about but it shaped how our country moved forward. I could also see the Statue of Liberty in the distance as well.

“Penny for your thoughts,” Brody said hugging me from behind.

“Taking in this magnificent view of the city,” I replied.

“Well, Chase is here.”

“Where; I haven’t seen him in a really long time.”

“He’s in the living room with our parents talking about UCLA.”

“Is that where he decided to go?”

“I forget that you guys drifted apart.”

“More like he forgot about me once he started at that fancy school.”

“I think you’ll find that Chase has changed.”

“We’ll see about that,” I said and made my way to the living room.

So I guess I owe you guy’s explanation. Chase was my friend and one of the people who abandoned me when I came out. I don’t think he would have but he had started at the new private school and was trying to make friends. Screw the people he already knew.

I walked into the living room and sure enough there stood Chase Andrews talking to our parents. He was tall like his brothers but not muscular at all.

“Hey son,” dad said when I entered the room.

I glared at Chase and you could feel the tension rise.

“Hey Matt,” Chase said with a bit of hesitation.

“Chase,” I replied.

“How are you?”

“Just fucking dandy. Why are you here?”

“I came to see you.”

“No your parents summoned you, so cut the bullshit.”

“Matthew,” Mom said. “You need to cut Chase some slack.”

“Cut him some slack? Are you fucking serious? He was my best friend who abandoned me so he could hang out with those spoiled rich brats.”

“I didn’t abandon you.”

“What the fuck do you call it then? I told you my deepest secret and you got up and left and wouldn’t return any calls or texts.”

“Matt you never said anything,” Mrs. Andrews said.

“Why would I run to you if your child was being a piece of shit?”

“Matthew, you need to be more respectful,” Mom said getting angrier.

I turned and glared at Chase, “Do you think I forgot?”

I watched a series of emotion cross his face with that statement.

“What are you talking about?” Brody asked.

“I uh, did something,” Chase squeaked out.

“What exactly did you do?” Mr. Andrews said and clenched his fists.

“Me and some of the guys, we kind of,”

“Quit dragging this out Chase,” Mr. Andrews said.

“We jumped him.” Chase said quietly.

“You what?” Brody said grabbing his brother by the throat.

“Brody let him go,” Mr. Andrews said.

“Matt, you told us you didn’t know who did it,” Mom said all concerned,

“I knew it was Chase,” I said as tears escaped. “Mr. Andrews had just started his new job and I didn’t want to cause him any problems.”

“That’s noble of you Matt but I would have dealt with him,” Mr. Andrews said.

“You never said anything to me,” Asher said.

“I knew it was worthless and who would believe he attacked me?”

“I fucking would have,” Nathan said as he walked towards Chase.

“Boys,” Mom said.” Violence is not the answer.”

“Well it was for him,” I said.

“Wait, is this when you had the broken ribs and arm?” Mrs. Andrews asked.

“Yes,” I said.

“Chase Justin Andrews,” Mrs. Andrews said with so much venom. “I remember sitting with Megan at the hospital while Mattie was being patched up. How could you?”

“I just don’t know,” Chase said dejected.

“I just don’t know what to say,” Mom said at this revelation. “Mattie you should have said something.”

“What tell my parents that my former best friend beat me up; Like you would have believed that.”

“Give us some credit,” Dad said. “You have no idea what we went through.”

“What you went through? WHAT ABOUT ME? No one has ever cared what I’ve gone through. Between Mark, Hastings, Chase and Mr. Baker, I’ve got a great streak going.”

“Did Noah know?” Brody asked.

For some reason I laughed.

“No he didn’t, because if he did, you’d be short a brother.”

“Chase is this why you’ve been staying away?” Mrs. Andrews asked.

“Yes,” he answered and hung his head in shame.

“Hey everyone,” Grayson said coming through the door. “What’s wrong?”

“Drama,” I said and pointed at Chase.

“Always something with this family, drama at every corner,” Grayson quipped. “Well we had our meeting with the Judge about the video confession.”

“I don’t see how confessing to a ghost did anything,” I said sarcastically.

“Well it wasn’t all that it seemed, you see there was some camera magic going on.”

“Camera magic?”

“Let’s just say Jonah was sent for a psychiatric evaluation.”

Nice little twist for you.
An eval for Jonah? Whatever could they have done.
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 19
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

29 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I wouldve sold his ass out qucker than you can say supercalifragilisticexpealadocious

 I bet you that one was poppin in your head:gikkle:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Wow we seem to be bouncing from one piece of drama to another , the skeletons seem to be falling out of every nook , it also looks like every person he knew took a chance to beat him up for one reason or another , 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Mattie seems to have trust issues.

Chase should never have done what he did, but it provides more drama for the family to deal with.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

“Let’s just say Jonah was sent for a psychiatric evaluation.”
 

Good, too bad it didn’t include electric shock therapy. 😈  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..