Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,251 Words
  • 2,063 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 6. Chapter 6

“Brody?” I croaked. I really needed to figured out why my brothers best friend was here and why did it look like he’d been crying.

“Mattie?” he seemed a bit shocked. “I thought you were sleeping.”

“Water.” My throat was dryer than the Sahara. Brody jumped up, ran out and brought someone back with him.

“Sleeping Beauty,” the Doctor said with a smile. “You asked for some water?”

I nodded my head in the affirmative and in walked a person I assumed was a nurse with a cup.

“Mr. Jacobs here are some ice chips for you to let melt in your mouth,” the doctor said. “We need to run some test could you wait outside?”

“I’ll be back,” Brody said smiling but his voice sounded a bit shaky.

“Now Mr. Jacobs, first you think you can talk?” the Doctor said while scrolling through his ipad.

“Yes.”

“Do you know what day it is?”

“Wednesday,” I said hesitantly.

“The?”

“September 5th,” I said confidently.

“Do you remember what happened?”

“My mom and dad took me to school,” I said looking at the doctor.

“Do you remember anything else?

“No,” I said tears welling up. “Where’s Noah?” He’d know what’s wrong. I started to panic and the doctor looked at the nurse and she injected something in my IV and it was lights out.

When I woke, I turned expecting to see Brody but I was taken aback by who was there.

“Hey Champ,” Mr. Andrews said and he smiled. Brody is just a younger version of his dad, same build, muscular, blond. Jeez do I have the hots for Brody’s dad?

“Your parents had an important meeting and didn’t want to leave you alone, so I volunteered to stay here. Brody would have stayed but he had college.”

“College? He’s a senior,” I was totally confused.

“Yes, my mistake. How are you feeling?”

“Where is Noah?” If anyone knew where Noah was it was Mr. Andrews.

“He’s um,” I’ve never seen Mr. Andrews so nervous. Just then my parents walked in.

“Mattie,” mom began.

“Where’s Noah!” I shouted

“Mattie,” Mom began.

“Everyone get out and don’t you come back unless you bring Noah.” I screamed and started to cry.

“Nate, let’s give them some privacy,” Mr. Andrews said grabbing dad by the arm.

“Mattie, honey, there is no easy way to say this, but Noah is dead,” Mom said and I screamed so loud that the nurses came running with the doctor behind them. I was crying so hard and couldn’t hear what Mom was telling the doctor. Why would she lie about Noah?

“Megan, Alvin, would you let me talk to Matt,” some lady said who came in the room at some point. She looked very familiar to me but I couldn’t place her.

“Sure,” the doctor said and mom must have trust her as she left too.

“Hi Matt,” she said sitting on the stool next to the bed. “I’m pretty sure you don’t remember me but we have a history.”

I couldn’t place her yet but I felt safe with here. “Who are you?”

“Well Matt, I am Dr. Elizabeth Mason, but you can call me Liz.”

“Well, Liz, how do we know each other,” I was so confused.

“I am Psychiatrist, here at Children’s; you were under my care for a while.”

“I was? When?”

“Quite a few months ago and I helped you deal with a huge tragedy. I’ve been checking in on you daily.” She said and adjusted the chair.

“Tragedy?”

“Matt, when you lost your brother, you had a hard time dealing with it and shut the world out and stopped eating. Your parents brought you here to try and help you and you were doing well enough that I released you. Unfortunately the hospital assigned you an idiot of a therapist and I think you may have regressed a little but I don’t know for sure. You’ve been in a coma for over a year and I won’t know how you’re doing until I run full testing. So, first things first, you never told me you knew Coach Andrews.”

“Yeah, he is friends with my parents. I’ve known him my whole life.”

“So that cute boy, is that his son?”

“Brody? He’s a little young for you.”

“Not for me,” she laughed. “He’s been here every day and I’ve talked to him a few times when I’ve come to check on you.”

“Can you help me….” I couldn’t remember her name and felt like a deer in headlights.

“I sure can try. I’m going to write down my name so you work on remembering it. Do you remember everyone else who was in here before?”

“Sure; it was my mom, dad, and Mr. Andrews.”

“Good, do you remember your brothers?”

“Noah,” I said.

“The others?”

“Nathan and Nicky.”

“Ok, so we need to work on your short term memory but I think you’ll be ok. Promise not to throw a tantrum about Noah again?”

“No promises, Lizard.”

“It’s just Liz,” She said smiling. “I think there is some hope for you.”

Lizard, I mean Liz opened the door and stepped out. She said months or was it a year had gone by.

Mom, dad and Mr. Andrews came back in the room.

“How long?” I asked no one in particular.

“How long what sweetie,” Mom asked.

“Was I here,” I demanded.

There was some silence and they looked at each other.

“A year,” Dad said and I gasped.

“What?” I said looking back and forth between them.

“Mattie, it’s a long a story,” Mom said sitting in the chair just as Brody and Nathan came bounding in.

“What’s up?” Nathan asked. “Why’s it look like someone died?”

“Nathan!” Mom said in a panic.

“What? You all look sad is all. Can I sit here?”

“I guess,” I said and scooted over and he sat next to me and I could see the sadness in Brody’s eyes.

“I’ve missed you and I’m glad you’re ok. Uncle Ron and Uncle Tony said they are coming by this afternoon, I saw then when I dropped Nick off this morning.”

“Where did you see them?” I said confused.

“Uncle Tony is the Principal now, don’t you remember?”

“No, I don’t.”

“Yeah he took over when that slime ball Hastings was dragged out in cuffs. Not before someone beat his ass,” Nathan said making eye contact with Brody.

That is when I took a look at his hands and could see a few scars. Brody quickly put his hands in his pockets and left the room.

“Why would someone beat Hastings?”

“Oh, you don’t remember?”

“Nathan,” Mom said voice rising. “Enough.”

“I think we need to leave Matt alone for a while,” Dad said.

“I just got here,” Nathan said protesting.

“We will be back later. Matt needs to rest and take some things in.”

“Take things in?” I was confused “I am not a tailor.”

Everyone laughed but it wasn’t funny. I pulled the blanket over my head and hid. I could hear everyone shuffle out but I could see a silhouette standing by the bed.

“Mattie,” Brody said. “I’m glad you’re ok and hope we can talk soon.” I heard him retreat and then I pulled the blanket off my head. I must have dozed off because when I opened my eyes it was dark and there was someone there with me. It took a few minutes to focus but I gasped,

“Jonah”

 

A little curve ball here at the end.
Thanks for reading.
Feel free to leave a comment, reaction or both.
I'd also love to hear more feedback.
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 4
  • Wow 4
  • Fingers Crossed 3
  • Sad 18
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

20 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

God i hope brody ruptured some things when he beat that fucker

all will be revealed.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I have to confess I don't remember who Jonas is.It wasn't a typo and it was suppose to be "Noah" was it? Otherwise I'm clueless (what else is new?)

Brody is acting like he has feelings for Mattie which Mattie seems to be unaware of.Did what happened make Brody be the way he is where as before he kept his feelings to himself.

This story was having a little different feel to it but then...coma...and I said to myself "Ah there's the AG we know and love" 

So when is the explosion going to happen😄

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I have to confess I don't remember who Jonas is.It wasn't a typo and it was suppose to be "Noah" was it? Otherwise I'm clueless (what else is new?)

Brody is acting like he has feelings for Mattie which Mattie seems to be unaware of.Did what happened make Brody be the way he is where as before he kept his feelings to himself.

This story was having a little different feel to it but then...coma...and I said to myself "Ah there's the AG we know and love" 

So when is the explosion going to happen😄

 

 

Jonas was mentioned in a previous chapter as the person responsible for killing Noah. He was in rehab and we will flush out how Noah died. 
 

Mattie is a little in the dark and doesn’t seem to realize Brody loves him. He will see that very soon and maybe a surprise or two how. We know he has scars on his hands and Hastings got a beating. Makes you wonder.

yeah I wanted to do something different from my last few stories. I was inspired by a friend whose also a writer and may have borrowed his viral video idea. 

Edited by AquariusGuy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Wow a coma for a year. Brody beating the asshole, but we don't know how badly, as he has scars.

Mattie doesn't yet realise why Broddie visits him everyday.

Then Jonas arriving at the very end.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Wow a coma for a year. Brody beating the asshole, but we don't know how badly, as he has scars.

Mattie doesn't yet realise why Broddie visits him everyday.

Then Jonas arriving at the very end.

Yes we will learn who was banging on the door. I will give this spoiler he had hand surgery. 
 

Jonah is going to get a surprise… it won’t be Brody though. Someone else shows up. 

Edited by AquariusGuy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

*Carly is back?” Mom said shocked.

“She decided to take all virtual classes this semester. Losing Noah really messed her up; considering she was supposed to ride home with him and Jonah.”*

and , talking about the nightly visitor:

“I just hope it’s not Jonah.”  “Oh, jeez he fits the bill too. I should create a visitors log for the room and have the guard get people to sign in.” “When did Jonah get back from rehab? You’d figure after we saw him on the street by the house and had your father come over, he would take the damn hint.” *

So no mention of Jonas responsible for killing Noah. But we will certainly hear this in the next chapter, from the surprise Noah?

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, dutch woman said:

 

*Carly is back?” Mom said shocked.

“She decided to take all virtual classes this semester. Losing Noah really messed her up; considering she was supposed to ride home with him and Jonah.”*

and , talking about the nightly visitor:

“I just hope it’s not Jonah.”  “Oh, jeez he fits the bill too. I should create a visitors log for the room and have the guard get people to sign in.” “When did Jonah get back from rehab? You’d figure after we saw him on the street by the house and had your father come over, he would take the damn hint.” *

So no mention of Jonas responsible for killing Noah. But we will certainly hear this in the next chapter, from the surprise Noah?

So I typoed and it is Jonah next to him. 

Noah is not the surprise. It is someone we haven't met yet.

I was thinking of the dad from Not quite human on Disney Jonas Carson played by Alan Thick. 

Edited by AquariusGuy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Hastings must have smashed Mats head like a pumpkin lucky he is still alive!

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..