Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,017 Words
  • 3,026 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 2. Chapter 2

“Mr. Jacobs!” The teacher said loudly and the class snickered. “First, you’re late and then you fall asleep.”

“I’m sorry,” I said looking up.

“He’s probably dreaming about Noah being gay for him,” someone said.

“He went to all the games and even cheered for him,” someone else said.

I started to feel a panic attack coming on. I’ve had them before but they got worse once Noah died, he used to help me breath. What was it he used to say?? Too late.

“Look he pissed his pants” someone said and the whole class started to laugh including the teacher.

“Honey,” I heard mom says as my eyes fluttered open.

“Where am I?”

“Nurses office, Mark texted me and made sure you got down here. I was just coming out of the Giant down the street.”

“Megan, is he ok?” Mr. Baker said appearing in the doorway.

“From what I can tell it was just a panic attack.”

“Brought on by bullying,” I hadn’t noticed Mark in the corner. “That’s why I texted you dad. Even the teacher laughed at him.”

“Is this true?” Mom asked and I see her anger level was rising.

“Yes” I squeaked out.

“What happened Mark?” Mom said eyes narrowing at every detail that Mark shared.

“We need to get you home but first we need to deal with this teacher.”

“Megan, let me handle this. Take Matt home and I’ll stop by after I have a conversation.”

Just then the door flew open and in strode the Principal.

“Ah, I see he is up and alert. You really shouldn’t be sleeping in class.”

“Your teachers should not be laughing at students,” Mom said icily.

“Officer Baker? Did my office call you?” the principal asked mildly confused.

“No my son called.”

“The police aren’t needed for a simple misunderstanding.”

“MISUNDERSTANDING? HOW IS BULLYING A STUDENT WHO LOST HIS BROTHER A MISUNDERSTANDING?” Mom shouted.

“No need to raise your voice. I understand your son was late and then he fell asleep and when confront he wet himself.”

“Mom can we just leave?”

“Young man, you can’t just leave.”

“He needs to shower and change.”

“It’s the first day of school and he’s already missing his classes. He can just go back to class.”

“YOU WANT MY SON TO GO BACK TO CLASS IN SOILED CLOTHES?”

“Mrs. Jacobs, he should have thought of the consequences before he chose to sleep.”

“Excuse me; Matt has a condition that is documented with the school.”

“Mr. Baker, I thought I excused you.”

I don’t think any of saw the next thing coming. Mom decked the principal.

“Don’t you ever talk like that to anyone again in my presence.”

“I want her brought up on assault charges.”

“What I didn’t see anything. I was dismissed.” Mr. Baker said deadpan.

We left the nurses office and went across the hall to find Nathan in working in the attendance office.

“Nathan, I need to sign your brother out for the day.”

“Is everything ok mom? I heard you yelling.”

“I think your principal has a bruised ego but I need to get Mattie home. He had a panic attack.”

Mom signed the form that Nathan put in front of her and we left. When we got home I helped mom carry the groceries in and put things away. I went upstairs and used the hall bath and showered. When I finished I went to my room and put some fresh clothes on and could hear mom talking to someone. I descended the stairs to find Ms. Andrews there in the kitchen talking with mom.

“Megan, I can’t have you beating up one of my principals.”

“If you heard how the principal was speaking and how his classmates were bullying Mattie.”

“Mattie is this true?”

“Yes, Mrs. Andrews. Even the teacher laughed at me.”

“You see Laura. Something needs to be done.”

“I will need to look into the situation and find out what everyone is saying. Paul has already filed a report but I need to talk to the school staff.”

“They will just say Mattie brought it on.”

“Look guys, I wasn’t born yesterday. I know that there have been many issues in Prince George’s County school system for years. That is why I was hired to make changes and if you remember I have a Zero Tolerance Policy in place for students and staff for bullying amongst other things. I will need to gather the facts and take them where they go regardless of our families close relationship. That being said, Mattie the principal suspended you for a week.”

“You’re kidding right?” Mom said glaring at her.

“I wish I was. Megan they filed a restraining order against you, so please abide by it.”

“Whatever.” Mom replied.

Mrs. Andrews left and mom busied herself in the kitchen. I went back upstairs and snuck into Noah’s room. I hadn’t been in here since that terrible night. The hall leading towards the bedroom had posters of all sports figures and the bookshelves had family photos scattered around. I saw a towel discarded by the bathroom door. Typical Noah leaving his room a disaster zone until mom or dad made him clean it. It still smelled like his cologne but also smelled of stale air. Noah’s room used to be the walk in attic and the space above the garage. Since we never used the space and dad wanted an office, he designed it and had one of his friends build it. Noah got the big room and Nick moved up stairs and the small bedroom downstairs became the office. I walked to the bed and paused at the edge with tears welling up. I spent a few nights in here talking to Noah. This is where I came out to him and he accepted me. He told me he wanted me to be happy and he loved me regardless. Noah wanted to best for everyone and was always trying to see the best in people and sometimes he’d overlook something. Just like he did that June night…

Thanks for reading.
I am seriously looking for a proof reader/ editor. If you are interested please send a PM.
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 19
  • Angry 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

12 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Suspended for what? Fucking douchebag ass. Needs a good kick in the nethers. Fucker. What kind of dumbledore ass shit was that "a slight misunderstanding"

Not all Principal's are smart.... We will see why he was suspended VERY soon. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
11 hours ago, weinerdog said:

To say that principle is a POS would be an insult to other POS's

Points of Sale? :rofl:

Yeah he is a bit of a douche... 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, mikedup said:

Typical of the current situation in the world right now, pick on those who are in no state to defend themselves, even the adults are doing it , no common decency in the world and even less compassion, I hope he recovers and I hope there is swift action against the perpetrators 

Very true... people now of days are very self focused. 

We will learn what happened to Noah and something is going to blow the school bullying wide open. He won't get over it as that is how he will come to find the love of his life... it will get semi dark. 

  • Love 2
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Gary L said:

I have the feeling that this is going to be a tough read but with a mum like his, decking the principal, there is hope.  Great stuff Aquarius.  😊

I just mentioned in my response to Mikedup that is will get semi dark... but not too dark. 

  • Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, chris191070 said:

The Principal and Class Teacher are both POS for defending each other and the bully's. Way to go Mum, decking the principle. Suspended for what, telling the truth.

I am basing this off of where I used to live and sort of how things were then, which is very similar to now. A lot of staff stuck together and you could do no wrong. There was a teacher who got so tired of the administration turning a blind eye to things that she actually choked a student to the point he blacked out. She quit same day.

After some shit hits the fan and Mattie and future man meet, things will get better and some people will be shown the door. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, AquariusGuy said:

I am basing this off of where I used to live and sort of how things were then, which is very similar to now. A lot of staff stuck together and you could do no wrong. There was a teacher who got so tired of the administration turning a blind eye to things that she actually choked a student to the point he blacked out. She quit same day.

After some shit hits the fan and Mattie and future man meet, things will get better and some people will be shown the door. 

@chris191070 I need to amend this... they know each other but Mattie has no idea this person is head over heals for him. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I smell a lawsuit, the principal would have sent him back to class in soiled clothes...where to they find these dinosaurs???

Sadly, I have met some like that in the same and other occupations, wasted no time letting them know what I thought about them, it was fun watching them wilt, when the obvious errors of their ways were pointed out, quite publicly...

  • Love 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..