Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,052 Words
  • 1,780 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 12. Chapter 12

Time for a talk between brothers.
What could possible go wrong?

I guess you could say Nathan and I talked, it was more so him talking and me listening. He was struggling with being bisexual and of course Brody was his obvious choice to experiment with. I sat there arms crossed the whole time and glared at him.

“I am jealous of your relationship with Noah.”

I scoffed, “Funny way to show it. You’ve always treated me like trash even before I came out. Never once did you show an interest in me.”

“That’s what brother’s do, especially older brothers.”

“Not true. You’ve always been super nice to Nick and you’ve gone out of your way for him. What did I ever do to you?”

“I was Noah’s until you came along.”

“You make it sound like I was his property. I just loved my big brother and he helped me through a lot of things. I can’t believe you are jealous.”

“First you take Noah and then you take Brody.”

“Again, I didn’t take anyone, they are not property. I worshipped Noah, yeah, but I wasn’t in love with him. Hell did I dream about Brody? Absolutely, but I’ve also dreamt about Asher and Mark”

“Maybe I should tell everyone you want to kill Mark? You’ll go back to the hospital.”

“You wouldn’t dare.”

Nathan stood up and lunged at me and his fist connected with my face. I screamed and pushed him off me best I could. I pulled the door open and stumbled past my parents and uncles and made a dash for the door. I knew I wasn’t safe around Nathan and had to hide. I took off out the front door and down the hill running to towards the church building. I knew there had to be somewhere I could hide.

The next thing I knew I was being tackled to the ground and starting screaming and flailing my arms.

“Would you chill out,” Brody said. “Damn, I didn’t know you could run that fast. I caught him dad,” he said over his shoulder.

“Your eye,” Mr. Andrews said as he pulled me up.

“Nathan,” was all I could mutter before collapsing in Brody arms.

I felt him arms embrace me and I could hear Mr. Andrews talking to someone when I heard sirens. It turns out that when I screamed one of the neighbors called the police. Mr. Andrews talked with the officers and they made sure I was ok before they left. Brody carried me back up the hill towards the house and set me in the chair on the porch. My grandmother came outside and went into full panic mode when she saw the bruise forming around my eye. She got a steak and told Brody to hold it over my eye while she went back into the house.

Brody stood guard while the adults were sorting things out. I just knew I couldn’t stay there and I didn’t want to go back to the hospital.

Asher came out of the house with Noah Jr and Carly in tow. He walked them to the car and then came back.

“Matt could I see you eye a second,” Asher said softly.

I nodded and Brody removed the steak from my eye. I saw Asher start to shake;

“What the fuck is his problem,” Asher growled.

“Me,” I said and I pushed Brody’s hand back over my eye. The coldness of the steak felt good.

I had closed my eyes and was resting when I heard my parents come outside.

“I can’t believe he’s blaming Matt,” Dad said with obvious anger.

“There is only one thing here to do,” Mom said. “Ship Nathan off to my cousin’s”

“Are you sure that is going to work?” Dad asked.

“They have a farm in the Lehigh Valley,” Grandpa said. “You know the refuge for LGBTQIA+.”

“Being gay isn’t the problem,” I interrupted. “It’s me and he’s angry.”

“That maybe but many of the counselors at the farm have training with at risk youth.” Grandpa said.

“What about anger management,” I said while rolling my eyes, I also winced in pain.

“They do have experience with that too,” Mom said. “I talked to my Cousin Emerson who runs the mental health side and he said they can definitely help Nathan. He won’t be leaving until the morning and I don’t want to put you of Mattie, but where would you like to stay?”

“He can stay with me,” Brody replied quickly.

“I’m not so sure about that,” Mr. Andrews said. “We don’t need any hanky panky in the house. I have films to review and your mother is working too. She and Ron have a presentation next week on LGBTQIA+ clubs and including sports with all the superintendents in the country.”

“Why don’t you let him stay over with me,” Asher said and winked at his brother.

“Matt and Brody stay with you,” Mr. Andrews questioned. “I’m not so sure that sounds any better.”

“Just where are you staying Asher?” Dad asked. “I know you got a pass to come home for Matt’s discharge.”

“I am staying with Carly but there are several extra bedrooms.”

“Shouldn’t you ask Carly before you commit to the extra people,” Mom asked.

“She is staying at her dad’s while he’s in California getting Mark settled.”

“That was fast,” I said.

“He didn’t want Mark causing any more problems for you. I know Mark’s mother was very disappointed in what he did and she’s getting him some help.”

“That’s good to know. Are you sure you want two teenagers?” Mom asked.

“Nothing Brandon and I can’t handle,” Asher said with a wink.

“Matt, are you ok with this?” Mom asked.

“I guess,” I said trying to hide my excitement.

Mom let me go upstairs and pack somethings. I hadn’t even gotten to see my new room yet due to all the drama. I climbed the stairs and made my way into Noah’s old room. The little hallway had remained the same with various pictures of Noah from the various sports he played. As I approached the room I heard what sounded like breaking glass. I pushed open the door to find Nathan taking a baseball bat to everything in the room. I opened my mouth to scream but crumpled to the floor.

 

Thanks for reading.

Please leave a comment, reaction or both.
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Wow 7
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 24
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well I did not expect that ,but Nathan has a serious issue and if he doesn't get help he will come close to kill someone, 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, jaysalmn said:

There is absolutely NOTHING Nathan could ever do to redeem himself as far as I'm concerned. They definitely need to send him somewhere. He's treated Matt like shit forever...Matt doesn't owe him anything. I wouldn't even waste my time making amends if I were him.

Very true as the relationship is changed forever. We won't see what happens where Nathan has gone but he will come back changed.

  • Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well I did not expect that ,but Nathan has a serious issue and if he doesn't get help he will come close to kill someone, 

Nathan is going to see Emerson and a bit surprised that my regular's didn't even bat an eye at that name. 

He is going to get help but we won't see that unless I decide to do an off shoot about Nathan and his time at the farm. 

His temper is out of control and he will be whisked away... and I mean in a plane not with a whisk.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Nathan needs help, at the moment he's a psycho. 

Matt crumpling to the floor, could be shock or almost anything that @AquariusGuy thinks up.

He's my psycho. I shared some of these chapters with a friend and he told me I am mental. I guess I achieved what I wanted for Nathan. He will come back changed but there is no amount of groveling he can do to fix what he's destroyed. I toyed with bringing some of the family in to help but I chose not to. 

So I can say there is no hospital... or explosion. There is however :X

 

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, AquariusGuy said:

Nathan is going to see Emerson and a bit surprised that my regular's didn't even bat an eye at that name. 

He is going to get help but we won't see that unless I decide to do an off shoot about Nathan and his time at the farm. 

His temper is out of control and he will be whisked away... and I mean in a plane not with a whisk.

 

I cannot wait for the next chapter 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, mikedup said:

I cannot wait for the next chapter 

I've got it partially written...

My boss is out this week and I've got nothing but time on my hands.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, AquariusGuy said:

I've got it partially written...

My boss is out this week and I've got nothing but time on my hands.

And how is that different  from when your Boss is there?

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, weinerdog said:

And how is that different  from when your Boss is there?

He gives me work to do and I usually don’t write during work.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, weinerdog said:

And how is that different  from when your Boss is there?

Oh next two days are out…. I have to go on base.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

In my opinion, everyone has overprotective Matt, forgetting the concerns of his other children, I hope that Nathan commits suicide to make them see that they are wrong

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, J.L said:

In my opinion, everyone has overprotective Matt, forgetting the concerns of his other children, I hope that Nathan commits suicide to make them see that they are wrong

I see what you are saying and I think to give everyone a better understanding of Nathan he should have either be part of a chapter as narrator or a full chapter. We will find out more about him but he won’t do anything more drastic than he’s done. 
 

I may and try to find sometime to write tonight or it won’t be till Friday. 
 

thank you for you comment. Keeps me on my toes with plot holes or perceived asshats 

Edited by AquariusGuy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, AquariusGuy said:

Veo lo que dices y creo que para que todos entiendan mejor a Nathan, debería haber sido parte de un capítulo como narrador o un capítulo completo. Descubriremos más sobre él, pero no hará nada más drástico de lo que ha hecho. 
 

Puedo y tratar de encontrar algún momento para escribir esta noche o no será hasta el viernes. 
 

Gracias por tu comentario. Me mantiene alerta con agujeros en la trama o imbéciles percibidos 

Sometimes families focus so much on a single individual that they assume that because the others are strong they don't have problems, so when the psychologist tells the mother to kill, they have to hospitalize him so he can learn to cope with his losses. . . , she says no, but when they say that Nathan must be taken to his brother's house in a camp to help him with his emotional control, they throw him into the void? In other words, they say yes, so for some children, yes, they will be aware, but for others, no? I think there should be someone who tells them this, to create awareness, not only one needs help, they all need it.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..