Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,436 Words
  • 1,938 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 14. Chapter 14

A few people may need to have a bit of crow....I've ordered some and sent it to those folks know who they are.

Nathan’s P.O.V.

I understand a lot of you hate me and would love to see me run out of town. I asked to be the narrator of a chapter to prove I’m not an asshat. I am so glad AquariusGuy agreed.

 

So after I went batshit (pun intended) on Noah’s room, my parents and grandparents shipped me off to Cousin Emerson and his farm, well it’s not really a farm but that’s what the family calls it. It’s officially known as TJM Family Ranch; basically it’s a safe haven for LGBTQIA+. The land has been in the family for a while and is put to good use. I’m here because they think Emerson is better equipped to help me.

“So the Doctor reviewed the files that were sent over and did some scans of Nathan’s head,” Emerson said while talking to Mom and Dad who had arrived a few minutes ago. “He was very concerned as he stated it doesn’t look like the concussion that Nathan suffered at age 7 was treated and followed up on.”

“What do you mean it wasn’t treated? We took Nathan to the Doctor’s plenty of times.” Mom said agitated.

“Look Megan, it boils down to what his doctor didn’t do and based off the summary sheets that you provided he basically wrote it off and Nathan was left to fend for himself. He has displayed most of the common signs of a concussion; mainly mood and personality changes.”

“He was always a caring and kind boy but after he fell off the playground equipment things changed.” Mom said.

“Honey, I told you something was off about Nathan but those damn doctors insisted things were good and Nathan was just moody and eventually they said he was being a teenager.” Dad said.

“I also see he’s playing football and that is going to have to end. Any more hits to the head could have a detrimental effect.”

“Noah once told me he was done trying to be nice to Nathan. He said he felt shunned by him. Sure he doted on his little brothers but Nathan never let that happen. He always pushed Noah away no matter how hard he tried. It was one thing that always weighed heavily on Noah.” Mom said.

“There is something that Noah should have known,” I said breaking my silence. “Maybe if I had told him he’d still be here.” I said and tears started to flow.

“Told him what?” Mom asked as she moved closer to comfort me.

I sat there a blubbering mess and Emerson, Mom and Dad tried to comfort me but it was just too much.

“I was raped,” I blurted out.

“What!” I heard from the three of them as Mom attempted to pull me even closer than I already was.

I was bawling my eyes out and felt so relieved to finally say something. I didn’t know who I could tell and his family is so well connected that I was afraid no one would believe me.

“I want a name,” Dad growled.

“Take it easy Nate, don’t scare him. I will have to report the rape to the authorities in Maryland, as I am assuming that is where it happened,” Emerson asked and I nodded in the affirmative.

“When you are ready, you can tell us or just Emerson. Your father and I will be there every step of the way,” Mom said.

“It’s one of the reason’s I hated Noah,” I sighed. “Before you ask it wasn’t him.”

“Jonah,” dad shouted. “God damn it, I knew that boy had a screw loose and I told you something was going on between him and Nathan.”

“How did you know?” I said shocked that dad got it right.

“One night I heard crying when I was sitting in the living room and I went to investigate and Jonah was coming out of your room and said you had a nightmare and he comforted you. I knew something was off but I couldn’t put my finger on it and you corroborated his story the next morning. Have we failed as parents? Our son’s concussion gets worse and he’s raped. Our other son gets in the car with the drunk driver and is killed. Then there is Mattie whose life imploded at losing Noah. Makes me wonder what’s wrong with Nick.”

“Do you think he wanted to make a pass at Mattie once he came out?” Mom theorized. “He did visit him in the hospital.”

“It would make sense that he would probably look for a new target and would for a vulnerable person,” Emerson said. “If memory serves, he is from a well-connected family?”

“Yes,” Mom replied. “Not as connected as we are though.”

“How did he beat the charges then?” Emerson asked.

“A technicality that was never fully explained,” Dad said.

“We need to act very carefully and Megan, your brother needs to know to keep an eye out and be with Mattie as much as possible,” Emerson said.

“I will call my father and see if Ted has made it yet,” Mom said and took her phone out, “First I need cell service.”

“Could I go for a walk?” I asked.

“Yes, that’s fine,” Dad replied.

As I closed the door I could hear them starting to plan and something about a signature family move? I shrugged and walked following the sound of someone chopping wood.

In a clearing just off the path closet to the cabin I could see this God like man chopping wood. He was a sight to see, he was absolutely breath taking, shirtless, sweaty, dark hair in kind of a shag cut and ripped, I think I’m in love.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer,” the guy said followed by a really cute laugh.

“Um what,” I stammered.

“It’s ok, a lot of people stare. I’m Luca,” he said holding out his hand.

“Nathan,” I said and shook his hand but I was trembling. Get it together Nathan.

“So you’re Emerson’s cousin?”

“Sort of, he’s my mom’s cousin I think.”

“Want some water? It’s cold.”

“Sure,” I said and took the bottle he handed me.

“Trying to get some more wood chopped so we can begin the drying process. Emerson takes his time when it comes to hands on chores,” Luca laughed again. It was so adorable.

“I guess, wouldn’t know I just got here.”

“Yeah, I know. You’re our VIP came in via helicopter.”

“I did? I don’t remember.”

“Yeah you were out of it when you arrived. Your grandparents team helped unload you and Emerson was making sure everyone was taken care of.”

“So are you a patient here too?”

“Well I was,” he motioned to the stump next to him and I took a seat. I could smell him and it was intoxicating and I was trying to breath him in. “You ok Nathan?”

“Um yeah,” I stammered and he laughed.

“Let me get a shirt,” he made to get up but I stopped him and he laughed.

“So you were saying,” I said dreamily.

“I was a patient here. My parents brought me here because I was being beat up and I retaliated thus being brought here. While I was here healing with Emerson and Jeff, my parents packed up and moved. They had the decency to send my stuff and adoption papers.”

“Well that was nice of them,” I said sarcastically.

“Jeff was so mad and told me that he would make sure our family name couldn’t move past my brothers or father. He said something about a family move?”

“Honestly, I don’t know what that is. I heard Emerson mention it to my parents a bit ago and it made my mother laugh. It must be funny.”

“So what brings you here?”

“I found out my concussion I got as a kid never healed and I was a dick to everyone but especially to my little brother.”

“Sounds like a rough time. I can tell you that Emerson and Jeff are going to make you work on bettering yourself. It’s not an overnight process and you will break down a few times.”

“Do you think you could be there to help me through it?”

“Maybe,” he said with a wink.

“Hey Luca, Nathan,” Emerson said walking over. “I need to steal Nathan for a bit.”

“Sure Emerson. I need to finish chopping wood,” Luca replied.

“Well you two can hang out after dinner,” Emerson said and led me back to the cabin. “We need to talk more about Jonah and what happened and when.”

How's that for a twist... a concussion and then raped? 
If you don't know the signature Michaels family move, it will be discussed in the next chapter. No need to read my other story unless you are so inclined or if my regulars mention it in their comments below.
Just know to expect the unexpected with me.
Please leave a comment, reaction or both. 
@Wesley8890your crow sir? :rofl:
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 12
  • Wow 3
  • Angry 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I only read the opening line so far and then I skimmed real quick after that unless I missed it I think it would have been great if you had Nathan mentioned @Wesley8890by name😄

OK back to the chapter see you in a few

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
1 minute ago, weinerdog said:

I only read the opening line so far and then I skimmed real quick after that unless I missed it I think it would have been great if you had Nathan mentioned @Wesley8890by name😄

OK back to the chapter see you in a few

I actually thought about that :yes:

You also beat him to first comment. :joe:

Edited by AquariusGuy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

The family move? hmm it's not Tristian's move is it🤔

All due respect to Wesley stance the only way to really emphasize is to have something similar happen to you and I wouldn't wish that on anybody

A couple of other takeaways .A technicality that was never fully explained? Sound like some corruption going on.

Also they should get that incompetent Doctor license taken away 

 

The family move... it sure is Tristan's :lmao:

I agree with you. His stance is his stance but I don't agree with it.

Yes there is corruption going on and some much more sinister things. 

All will be dealt with including @Wesley8890

Luca asked if he can help. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Nathan is on the way to redemption. He knows he did wrong, but at least we know why.

That doctor needs sorting out.

Jonah needs to suffer, for raping Nathan and all his other crimes.

Look forward to them implementing Tristan's family move.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 9/6/2022 at 10:51 PM, jaysalmn said:

I'll pass on the crow. I'm not a forgiving person. The excuses will never change how I feel about Nathan. 

But the crow... it was fresh.

I was mainly teasing Wesley.

Things will come together rather soon for the brothers. I sure Mattie won't be as forgiving either. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 9/6/2022 at 10:54 PM, VBlew said:

Coming clean is a good start. The physical trauma, and the emotional trauma are a lot, hopefully now that he’s getting help, he will be getting better and really apologize to his brother.

Nathan has a long road ahead of him and looks like he has a distraction that isn't Asher or Brody.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 9/7/2022 at 3:35 AM, chris191070 said:

Nathan is on the way to redemption. He knows he did wrong, but at least we know why.

That doctor needs sorting out.

Jonah needs to suffer, for raping Nathan and all his other crimes.

Look forward to them implementing Tristan's family move.

Things will all come together in the next couple of chapters. I may surprise you with what I have in store.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Matt's parents seem to be always asking themselves if they missed something and it almost sounds as if they say to themselves, "oh yeah, we did miss something and now we see that's  why all this bad stuff happened and we didn't do anything to prevent any of it or to deal properly with the aftermath, our bad, it's because we missed it "!  They 'thought' something was off when they saw Jonah coming out of Nathan's room but didn't follow up, and look at how  horribly if affected Nathan and all his relationships!!!!

It's actually outrageous that they have been so continuously oblivious and the consequences f that oblivion are so MASSIVE!!!! Matt and Nathan will do much better out from under them and being with someone who actually has the time and inclination to pay attention to what is going on with them.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Jjeffalch said:

Matt's parents seem to be always asking themselves if they missed something and it almost sounds as if they say to themselves, "oh yeah, we did miss something and now we see that's  why all this bad stuff happened and we didn't do anything to prevent any of it or to deal properly with the aftermath, our bad, it's because we missed it "!  They 'thought' something was off when they saw Jonah coming out of Nathan's room but didn't follow up, and look at how  horribly if affected Nathan and all his relationships!!!!

It's actually outrageous that they have been so continuously oblivious and the consequences f that oblivion are so MASSIVE!!!! Matt and Nathan will do much better out from under them and being with someone who actually has the time and inclination to pay attention to what is going on with them.

Parents can be so naive and miss a lot. Nathan Sr knew something was going on but Nathan denied it and Jonah lied to his face.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..