Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,454 Words
  • 1,480 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 17. Chapter 17

I figured you guys wanted to see what happened between the brothers.
You may have a change of heart about Nathan.....

“Hey Matt, welcome home,” Nathan said.

“Ummm hey Nate,” I was taking Nate in and he looked a whole lot better. He used to be pale but he’s darkened up and filled out more.

“Mom said you were on a date with Brody. I wasn’t expecting you back so soon.”

“I had to be home in time for dinner and that’s in an hour, so here I am.”

“Could we talk for a few? Here in the living is fine or somewhere you are comfortable.”

“Nate, I’m not sure I want to hear anything you have to say.”

“That’s fair but please,” he begged.

“Mattie, please hear him out,” Mom said coming into the living room.

“I don’t trust him.”

“I understand but you and I both know that talking about things instead of bottling the up is better for you,” jeez I hate when mom makes a point.

“Fine. Here in the living room but you have to sit over there,” I pointed to the couch across the room. Mom and Dad hated this room and I was surprised how long it took them to design and build the addition.

We both sat down and mom returned to the kitchen.

“I want to apologize to you,” Nathan began. “I know you’ve heard this over and over again from be but this time I truly mean it. Emerson and Jeff worked with me on getting better from concussion and moving on from being raped. The reason I blamed Noah is because Jonah was friend, how he could let someone that evil into our lives. I tried to tell you once about it but you didn’t seem to care.”

“When,” I interrupted him.

“The summer you had broken your arm and we were at the beach. You and I took a stroll down the boardwalk and you were telling me how were sad about being the only non-athletic one in the family. I realized at the moment that you were always trusting me and telling me things even though we never really got along. You told me because we are brothers. I tried to share what Jonah did but you didn’t seem to understand and I just brushed it off.”

Shit! I remember him telling me that Jonah was evil but I don’t remember why. Did I cause this to continue? Fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck.

“Don’t blame yourself Matt, I could have told mom, dad or anyone else but I didn’t. I took it out all on you because you were always the perfect brother but like me we sometimes chose shitty friends.”

“I would prefer not to talk about Mark, still a sore point for me.”

“I understand. I found out that Mark and Jonah were having a relationship on the side, friends with benefits, I think it was. They were getting unsuspecting people, both girls and boys and then raping them. You remember Chase McDowell?”

“Of course I do, he was a star football player and ran in the same circle as Noah.”

“Well when he committed suicide no one understood what happened and why since he didn’t leave a note. I knew exactly what happened and I was the anonymous source that gave information to the police and lead them to the football shed and to Jonah and Mark. Jonah figured out it was me and I was hoping things would stop but they got worse. Add insult to injury, Mr. Baker also buried it so his son did not get charged and neither did Jonah.”

“Why didn’t you tell Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa?”

“I was to the point I didn’t think anyone cared. I think Mr. Baker knowing Mark was being a trouble maker is the real reason he’s in California. He’s tired of burying things.”

“I am really sorry Nathan, I had no idea.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for. You were the victim of my anger and my outburst and you didn’t deserve that.”

Nathan started to cry and I jumped and moved next to him and embraced him and we cried together.

“You boys ok in here,” Mom said handing us tissues.

“Mom please tell me you guys are going to help Nathan.”

“Sweetheart, we will. Your father and I had a really long conversation and have consulted with our legal team. They are building a case and plan to file things in the morning. Your brother was smart enough to keep things with DNA on it and Jonah, Mark and Mr. Baker are in for a really rude awakening.”

“Uh, Mrs. Jacobs the pot is boiling over,” some guy I didn’t know said to mom.

“Oh thank you Luca, let me go back into the kitchen and finish dinner. You boys behave.”

“So who’s Luca?” I asked my brother and watched him turn all shades of red.

“He’s my boyfriend,” he whispered.

“That’s good news, you found someone? Where did you meet him?”

“Luca works with Emerson and Jeff as the hired help. He takes care of the mowing, wood chopping and anything outdoors. He goes to school online so he can do his classes as he wants.”

“So is he related to us? Like a distant cousin?”

“No but I’ll let him tell you the story later.”

“Ok, boys, dinner time,” Dad called and we made our way into the kitchen.

Nathan sat next to Luca and you could tell he worked out doors. His skin was so tanned and I bet he had some really deep tan lines. I sat next to Nick who just smiled at me. Dinner was one of Nate’s favorite’s beef stroganoff. Conversation was pretty light,

“So Matt and Nick, I have something to let you both know,” Nate began, “I will be moving back to the ranch with Luca and taking my classes online.”

“Nick and I both dropped our forks.

“What? You just got back.” Nick said.

“I know but I feel like my place is on the ranch. I’ve been working with Cousin Emerson and I think maybe in the future I will take over so he can retire.”

“That’s awesome.” I said.

“Thanks Matt, I just feel like I need to be there to help people. I lost my way and they helped me find myself.” Nate said and caused Luca to giggle.

“Definitely found yourself,” Luca said.

“Boys,” Dad warned and we all laughed.

“I am changing my major and going into being a therapist and Luca is taking Business Administration and Management so he can help run the place.” Nate said.

“I’m glad you have a plan,” I said and smiled at my brother.

“Dad where is the box?” Nate asked as the table was being cleared.

“In the laundry room,” Dad said and Nate disappeared.

When everyone returned to the table Nate began.

“Matt, I can never make up for what I did to Noah’s room but I can try,” Nate said and pulled a blanket out. “I asked Mom and Dad to bring me everything I destroyed. I learned how to quilt and took the scraps from Noah’s clothes and other items and made this blanket for you.”

I was in tears and in awe looking at the blanket. I recognized everything I saw and there in the middle was Noah’s football jersey with the number 13 and Jacobs. I was sobbing so hard that Mom and came over and hugged me.

“This is really beautiful Nathan,” Mom said.

“The detail and everything,” I said between sobs.

“Well, that’s not all I did,” he pulled out what looked like poster board. “I took all the pictures I could find of you guys and us as brothers and made a collage.”

I lost it and was glad mom was right there. My brother had a heart, who knew?

“Nathan, this is beautiful,” Dad said.

“He spent a lot of time learning arts and crafts,” Luca said. “He did this all by himself one Jeff taught him quilting and Tristan taught him the art of collage.”

“I am blown away,” I said and ran and hugged my brother.

“I am glad we are finally on the way to fixing our family,” Dad said and embraced us both.

“Tomorrow, we all meet with the lawyers and get things rolling,” Mom said.

After dinner everyone talked and when bed time hit Uncle Ted wasn’t home yet. I eventually heard him come in the door and waited a few minutes before I went down stairs to talk with him. I crept down the stairs and went to his room and I really should have knocked because when I flung the door open, I caught my Uncle and Asher in a compromising position.

Hope you enjoy the chapter and the twist at the end.
Please feel free to leave a comment, reaction or BOTH. :)
 
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 24
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm first?????:huh: Really???? although it's not official until I click add comment so @Wesley8890still has a chance .I bet just as many people are anticipating his reaction just as much as the chapter with Nate and Mattie so I'll wait to see what he has to say

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I'm first?????:huh: Really???? although it's not official until I click add comment so @Wesley8890still has a chance .I bet just as many people are anticipating his reaction just as much as the chapter with Nate and Mattie so I'll wait to see what he has to say

I was having a nap.....

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Well Nathan is still on a sort of probation but you can't deny the gestures Nathan did that took a lot of time and effort and also the work he plans to do at the ranch speaks for itself.

Boy the stuff Mark and Jonah were doing OMG

BTW I never heard anyone ever say  Crow tastes bad what if it tastes good?

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, weinerdog said:

BTW  I never heard anyone ever say  Crow tastes bad what if it tastes good?

Maybe it tastes like chicken?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Is seems like Nathan has come a long way in healing and wanting to make amends. And Matt is being good accepting the change in his brother.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Nathan has come along way in his healing. The things he made for Matt are beautiful.

Mark and Jonah, need sorting out. It sounds like they may have hurt, quite a few people.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, VBlew said:

Is seems like Nathan has come a long way in healing and wanting to make amends. And Matt is being good accepting the change in his brother.

Yes Nathan has definitely come a long way and he seems to successfully made amends with Matt.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Nathan has come along way in his healing. The things he made for Matt are beautiful.

Mark and Jonah, need sorting out. It sounds like they may have hurt, quite a few people.

He needed to do something to show Matt that he loved him and wanted to fix what he broke. He did some sweat equity to make things right and it will go a long way.

Mark, Jonah and Mr. Baker are going to be dealt with. A few things will come in the next chapter as we meet with the lawyers.

I'm going to side bar here as it seems you along with my other faithful commenters seemed to glaze over Uncle Ted and Asher. Did you have any thoughts on that? Was it a surprise, did you see it coming or what? 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, AquariusGuy said:

He needed to do something to show Matt that he loved him and wanted to fix what he broke. He did some sweat equity to make things right and it will go a long way.

Mark, Jonah and Mr. Baker are going to be dealt with. A few things will come in the next chapter as we meet with the lawyers.

I'm going to side bar here as it seems you along with my other faithful commenters seemed to glaze over Uncle Ted and Asher. Did you have any thoughts on that? Was it a surprise, did you see it coming or what? 

I was a little surprised by Uncle Ted and Asher, but I think they both deserved each other.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I was a little surprised by Uncle Ted and Asher, but I think they both deserved each other.

Please expand on this. I’d like to hear your thoughts l. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, AquariusGuy said:

Please expand on this. I’d like to hear your thoughts l. 

From everything you said about the two guys, they deserved to find someone special.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..