Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 793 Words
  • 1,313 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 24. Chapter 24

Sorry for the delay in chapters. I've had a bit of a block when it comes to where I wanted to take the story. I think I've got us on an interesting path.

Basically every adult ignored my question on why I could see the past. What hit hard me was when Brody asked why I never told anyone that Chase had been there when I was attacked. Was it because deep down I knew he wasn’t the one who beat me?

I sat in the apartment that belong to my great-great-grandfather Tristan and stared out the window into the city. New York definitely lives up to its nickname of the city that never sleeps. I’ve sat here for hours watching air planes come and go from the various airports.

I was interrupted by a knock at the door and was surprised to see Uncle Ted standing there.

“Hey buddy, could we talk?”

“I guess,” and gestured for him to come into the room.

“This place has really changed over the years. There used to be a game room here in the apartment before it got moved out to the family compound in Pennsylvania. So, how are you taking everything in?”

I just shrugged and continued to stare out the window.

“I can sense you’re mad that no one will tell you why you could see past events.”

“Yeah,” I huffed.

“Your parents have struggled with telling you guys.”

“Did Noah know about these powers?”

“Yes, he was just learning about them when he died.”

“You’re hiding something; I can tell.”

“What? No I’m not.”

“Uncle Ted, what aren’t you telling me? I want to know.”

“When your brother was in the accident the healers in the family should have been summoned to the site to save him. No one got the signal which means he was meant to die.”

“You mean he should have lived? Is that why mom’s been so quiet about everything?”

“Normally yes, he should have lived but somewhere it was decided that it was Noah’s time. That’s why your mother was so devastated.”

“She never showed it.”

“Not to you or your brothers, but I saw it. She came to visit me daily when I was overseas. She begged me to leave the war zone and come home but I couldn’t abandon my team.”

“How did she visit you daily? You were over in Ukraine.”

“Your mother can teleport.”

“She can what?”

“Teleport, she can just up and disappear and re-appear anywhere she wants. There is a good chance you and your brothers can too.”

“Uncle Ted, am I tripping out on some drugs? Am I in a coma or something from hitting my head on the bathroom wall?”

He laughed before responding, “Do you trust me?”

“Err, I don’t know.”

“Just take my hand,” he said and I got this feeling I could trust him. I took his hand and in flash we were sitting in our living back in Bowie.

“What just happened?” I was stunned. How did we go from New York City back to Maryland.

“We teleported; now hold on tight.” When I blinked we were back in the apartment.

“That was weird but I’m still not convinced I’m not in a coma.”

“You’re not honey,” Mom said appearing in front of me.

“Where did you come from?”

“Upstairs, I could tell you and Ted had come back and I wanted to see what questions you had?”

“Why did you tell us?”

“For years our family our share of issues from murders to being famous. It was your great-grandfather that changed how our family was perceived. When his brother was elected President of the United States a vow was made to curtail things that had gotten out of control. There was a lot of fighting in the family and with other families. It turned out that he and his nephew Hunter together held the powers to strip people of their powers. Some were not happy at all because they used fear to get what they wanted and some were happy because they didn’t want the headache.”

“So you were protecting us.”

“Yes. It wasn’t an easy decision and honestly it was hard blocking your abilities and I blame myself for what happened to Noah for a long time. It was until Damian came to me and explained even with the protective cover the healers would have known to descend on where Noah was. When we’re hurt nothing stops them from knowing unless a greater evil is at work.”

“Jonah, Carly and the Bakers?”

“Yes, they are decedents of one of the Carmichael family that fought us. Someone gave them their powers back. When I figure out who did it there will be hell to pay.”

I watched mom’s eyes glow like fire and it was something I had never seen before.

I decided right then it was my mission to figure out who did it.

Looking forward we will see Brody and Mattie bond and become more of an item. Before jumping to any conclusion and thinking Nathan gave them the evil folks their powers it wasn't him. We will dive more into the rat later.
Thanks for reading.
I'll take a comment, reaction or both.
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 8
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just to make sure I have my scorecard right Mattie's great-great grandfather was Tristan as opposed T.J. who was the President right? What would be great is if Mattie inherited Tristan specialty move to use on some of those who messed with him the past my first pick would be the principal

After all this time there is still a war going on in Ukraine?

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Just to make sure I have my scorecard right Mattie's great-great grandfather was Tristan as opposed T.J. who was the President right? What would be great is if Mattie inherited Tristan specialty move to use on some of those who messed with him the past my first pick would be the principal

After all this time there is still a war going on in Ukraine?

Yes Mattie is a decedent of Tristan and Hunter. 

The family move still exists and was eventually used on Hastings.

Unfortunately yeah... poor Ukraine.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Just now, AquariusGuy said:

you should have recognized the family name... Carmichael. 

Something not so fun will happen to the party involved. 

I recognised it, but it took me a few minutes to remember who they were.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

So there are more powers that Mattie may have, and were being suppressed. Hopefully now he will be able to use them and possibly stay out of harms way.  Was the suppression part of why he got hurt so much in the past? Why didn’t the healers come to help him? Why did they leave him in a coma for so long? So many questions…. Looking forward to catching some bad people again, and taking their powers away, again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..