Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,729 Words
  • 1,521 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding love - 16. Chapter 16

Small time jump but our boys go on a date :) 

It was Saturday morning and I was happy it was the weekend. I have been attending session with a personal tutor instead of going back to school. I was so behind in my schooling because of the coma and family drama. I also had my weekly therapy session with Liz and we had video family session with Nathan. My parents had left early to pick Nathan up from Emerson’s and I was going on a date with Brody.

Our first date was a bit of a surprise for me. He took me to Towson to Charles Village Pub and I attended my first drag show. The 3 ladies that performed were wonderful dancers and kept the audience engaged. Apparently Brody had been before with Asher as the performers kept asking him where his hunky brother was.

So back to today; the weather was warm and Brody asked me to wear a bathing suit and sensible shoes. We were going on a hike and there would be the chance of getting ourselves wet. Brody picked me up in his 4Runner and we headed out. I was distracted by the fact that he was wearing a t-shirt that he had cut the arms and sides out of. Just looking at him was giving me a boner and I had to be careful. We made our way west and then Brody took I-270 North towards Frederick.

“Where are we going?”

“Cunningham Falls State Park in Thurmont; you’re going to love it.”

“We could have gone to Ocean City.”

“You just want to take spend time in the sand. Trust me you’ll like this place and maybe you’ll swim in the lake.”

“A lake? I don’t know about that.”

“Maybe we’ll take a canoe or row boat out.”

We made our way into Thurmont and as he was driving I was googling the park and yes stealing glances at him.

“Camp David is nearby?”

“Yeah, it’s across the road in Catoctin State Park. Before you ask, there aren’t signs how to find the place. It’s hidden within the Federal Park.”

“I was hoping maybe we would run into someone famous.”

“Well silly, the President would have to be there and we aren’t privy to their schedule.”

“Oh, well I guess that’s a good point. I was just curious because apparently my great-grandfathers got married there in a small ceremony.”

“That’s awesome, so when your great-uncle was President?”

“Yeah, mom has the picture’s somewhere at home. I’ll have to find them and we can look at them together.”

We pulled up to the shack that held the employee and Brody paid the access fee and drove past the main lot and scored a parking spot right by the start of the trail.

“I can move the car later but over there is the lake. I wanted to park here in case you need to rest and so we don’t have to walk back to the car to grab towel and such.”

“What about food?” I asked and my stomach decided to second the motion causing Brody to laugh.

“I have a little picnic in the backpack in a cooler. We’ll eat at the falls.”

We made our way down the half mile trail towards the falls. We passed a group of hot guys all shirtless and it made me smile. They were fooling around and smacking each other as we passed them. I was surprised that something this beautiful exists in Maryland.

“Brody, the sign says climb at your own risk.”

“Well, let’s take that risk. Look up there; you’ll see people up at the top.”

I decided to follow him up the face of the falls. Climbing was a bit hard as many spots were worn due to the sheer amount of climbers. We made it to the top and Brody had me take in the beauty of the falls from the top. It was breath taking and I was a bit nervous as one wrong move and you’ll end up in the pile of rocks at the bottom. Brody lead the way back from the main falls along the stream to a clearing away from everyone.

“I figured we could eat here,” Brody said and began setting up picnic.

“Sounds wonderful,” I replied as I watched him ready everything.

We had sandwiches and water and listened to kids screaming playing in the stream and nature. It really was peaceful when there was no screaming.

“I wish we could do this more,” Brody said.

“Summer is around the corner and I am almost caught up on school,” I said.

“I know, I heard your mom say that you were doing really well and they may let you test out of the remaining classes. Any idea on where you want to go to college yet?”

“I think I am going to start at the Community College. I missed a lot of the deadlines and my grades need to catch up with the transcript. Uncle Ron has been working on getting stuff submitted but there is red tape everywhere.”

“You know babe, I could ask my mom for some help with that.”

“I know you could but I don’t like bothering her.”

“It’s not a bother at all and like I said I’ll ask her. She never says no to her baby boy.”

“I guess you can ask her; maybe Uncle Ron has already, I don’t know.”

“I’ll ask her tonight.”

We sat in silence for a while and I was low key freaking out because of all the bugs.

“You know we’re in the woods right? Bugs will be everywhere.” Brody said with a laugh.

“How did you figure it out?”

“The way you jump when we get a slight breeze and look around to make sure it’s not a bug.” He replied with a laugh.

“Could we go to the lake now?”

“Sure, but I want to take you back on the three-quarter mile trail and work up a bit of a sweat.”

“Why didn’t we come that way here?”

“That trail is a bit more strenuous and is better going back because that way it’s downhill. You’ll see.”

We made our way down without falling. I slipped a couple of time cross the rocks to get back to the bridge and didn’t get too wet. We made our way down the trail and it was interesting because lots of people were coming towards the falls that way and we were walking back. We had gotten up the hill and it wasn’t a bad climb and we walked a bit hand in hand.

“See what I mean,” Brody gestured to the hill that was steeper than the one we had come up.

“Wow,” I said taking it in.

“The truck is at the end and then we can go to the lake for a bit.”

We walked down the hill and Brody was right it was much easier this way. When we got to the bottom we sat in the truck for a few before Brody moved into the larger lot by the lake. I got to apply sunscreen to his back… ok and his front. He did put some on me and jokingly said I needed more sun. I could tell he had been working outside more as I could already see tan lines.

We made our way to the beach area and Brody went into the lake but I didn’t. I sat on the sand taking in the scenery and of course the hot guys. I’ll admit there were also some pretty hot women there but they did nothing for me.

“Come on, I’ll rent us a canoe,” Brody said towering over me as I sat on the beach.

“Um, do we have to?”

“Are you afraid?”

“You know I stay on the beach at Ocean City and walk the boardwalk. I rarely go in the water.”

“Now that you mention that, yeah, I guess I never really thought about it.”

“Why would you, when our families have only vacationed together for years. You missed some good quality time with me.”

“I guess I did. Are you afraid? I’m not judging you.”

I exhaled and really thought about how to answer him; I guess I should explain it.

“Years ago, when I was 3, we were at the local pool and I was playing in the kid pool and apparently I lost my footing and fell face first into the water and panicked because I couldn’t stand up. Mom and the lifeguard didn’t see me right away but they pulled me to my feet. Ever since this happened I have this fear of the water no matter what or who I’m with. Even Noah tried immersion therapy with me and I panicked. He tried several times with professionals and I just couldn’t. Usually when we were at the beach I would either go off with Mom or Noah. Once or twice I went off with my dad and yours.”

“I really missed some quality time with you huh?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m sorry you went through that, it sounds traumatizing. We can skip the boats,” Brody said and kissed me.

We sat on the beach for a bit and Brody went into the water a few more times. I was contemplating going in the water but I was afraid to have a panic attack so far away from home.

We left the park and after changing into some regular shorts and Brody chose to drive shirtless. I’m pretty sure he did that for me. He parked in the driveway and walked me to the door.

“I had a really fun time,” he said.

“Me too; I’m sorry for being such a party pooper and not swimming or boating with you,” I said and glanced at my feet.

“Hey,” he said and grabbed my chin lifting my head, “None of that. I had a really good time and I am glad you told me. Now I can plan something with less water.”

He then kissed me and when we broke apart I pulled him in for an even longer kiss.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” he asked.

“For sure,” I said with a grin.

I was on cloud nine, so much to the point I didn’t realize my parents were back.

When I entered the house, I ran right smack into Nathan.

Thank you for reading.

Please feel free to leave comments, reactions or both. I'd prefer both but I can't have everything can I?
Copyright © 2022 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 21
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

7 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Suspicious? Yes i am.  But i am also cautiously optimistic about the next chapter

OMG check the news stations for any alerts this is a sign of the apocalypse I am in 100% agreement with @Wesley8890

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

As mentioned before the mini cliffy I would think things would not be hunky dory but it should be OK

As this is the future I guess all that talk about Camp David etc. I guess you believe we will still have a democracy🤞

Now that you told us about Mattie's experience with water I'm guessing there's going to be some kind of accident where Matttie falls in a body of water

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

As mentioned before the mini cliffy I would think things would not be hunky dory but it should be OK

As this is the future I guess all that talk about Camp David etc. I guess you believe we will still have a democracy🤞

Now that you told us about Mattie's experience with water I'm guessing there's going to be some kind of accident where Matttie falls in a body of water


That experience with water was personal experience. Nothing is in the works for Mattie and water. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, dutch woman said:

Brody is very good for Mattie, who seems to my rather innocent.

Yes they are very good for each other

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

OMG check the news stations for any alerts this is a sign of the apocalypse I am in 100% agreement with @Wesley8890

 

29 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Suspicious? Yes i am.  But i am also cautiously optimistic about the next chapter

He’s been gone a while which was the time jump. He is a changed man.

Spoiler someone else came back with him and his parents. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, jaysalmn said:

And I would walk right past Nathan....

We’ll he did sorta run into him… so a small conversation had to happen

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, AquariusGuy said:

 

 

Spoiler someone else came back with him and his parents. 

Unlike the previous clue even I know who that will be.If Mattie likes him that could be good for the Nathan-Mattie relationship

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, AquariusGuy said:

We’ll he did sorta run into him… so a small conversation had to happen

Not necessarily. I could very easily walk around him and be on my way to where I was going without saying a word.

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Unlike the previous clue even I know who that will be.If Mattie likes him that could be good for the Nathan-Mattie relationship

Luca is going to be very good for Nathan and he has some news. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, jaysalmn said:

Not necessarily. I could very easily walk around him and be on my way to where I was going without saying a word.

I get that and a lot of people could but in this instance he won't.

They have been in family therapy so we will learn more about that. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

A very nice time with Brody. Is there some crossover between this and your Tristan story.  The camp David and married Great Grandfathers, line caught my attention. Small cliffie ending, leaving us wanting more 😉

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, VBlew said:

A very nice time with Brody. Is there some crossover between this and your Tristan story.  The camp David and married Great Grandfathers, line caught my attention. Small cliffie ending, leaving us wanting more 😉

I am really starting to think people missed it in the prior chapters.

I mentioned Black Hawk Operation aka Tristan Jr. company he inherited, Emerson and Jeff (from Family Holiday).

Megan Michaels is Mattie's mother and her grandfathers (previously mentioned) are Tristan and Xander.

Yeah, I could have kept going but that seemed like a good place to end the chapter.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, chris191070 said:

A great date for the boys.

I'm worried about Nathan,but he's had therapy.

Yes they had a good time and I thought about more but it was a public park.

No need to worry about Nathan. He's been gone a while and is a changed man and he's got some news and it will impact everyone and no he's not pregnant. 

Things to look forward to: Graduation and Jonah's Trial or lack there of :devil:

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, AquariusGuy said:

and he's got some news and it will impact everyone and no he's not pregnant. 

 

In one of your stories Thats not a given

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..