Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 3,240 Words
  • 4,323 Views
  • 27 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aria Graice - 30. Chapter 30

Half an hour later, Drew went downstairs, leaving Amara asleep. They hadn’t got very far, defeated by Amara’s pain, but Drew was glowing, his footsteps and heart light. Amara was talented in more ways than one and it was clear he had experience to back it up. Drew shivered when he imagined what it would be like when Amara was well again.

The sound of laughter stopped him half way down. It had been a long time since he’d heard Aria laugh like that, so unrestricted and free.

The sight that beheld him when he entered the living room was shocking to say the least. It turned out that the voice he’d heard wasn’t Mrs. Pugh but his sister, Cerrian. She was currently in the middle of the room, upside down in a rather impressive handstand. Drew had always been envious of her gymnastic abilities. He’d never been able to keep his legs that straight. Right next to her, in exactly the same position, was Jay. Aria was sitting on the sofa with Drew’s mother, laughing and clapping his hands. Well, sitting wasn’t entirely the correct word, bouncing would have been more accurate.

“Come on, Jay, you can do it. There’s biscuits at stake don’t forget.”

Noticing Drew, Aria jumped up and launched himself across the room to wrap his arms around Drew’s waist. “Drew,” he cried joyfully. “They’re having a competition. Whoever wins gets the new biscuits.” He grinned. “Your mother let me have one even though they were hot. They’d just come out of the oven. Jay wanted to eat some too, and so did your sister. There weren’t enough left.” He ducked his head and smiled up at Drew through his lashes. “I may have had more than one.” Drew grinned and hugged him. “There’s more in the oven, but they wouldn’t wait so Jay said they’d have to have a competition and…um…Kerry Ann?”

“Cerrian.”

“Um…yes. Well, she just did it and then Jay did too, and we had to move the table. I tried but I got dizzy and fell over, but that’s okay because I ate another biscuit anyway and Jay yelled at me, but they didn’t mean it. Where’s Amara?”

It took Drew a second to catch up, then he smiled. “Sleeping. The pills worked quite fast.”

Aria gave him scorching hot smile, that made his stomach muscles clench. “Did you…”

“Aria,” Drew hissed glancing up at his family who seemed pre-occupied with the contest. Drew was certain, however, that both his mother and sister had their ears pricked. “No. Amara’s not well enough yet.”

“Oh.” Aria paused for a moment, thinking. “Okay. Come on.” He tugged on Drew’s hand and Drew followed him to the sofa.

His mother stood up and smiled at Aria. “Quite the little dynamo isn’t he,” she said to Drew.

“Oh yes, for sure.” Drew sat down, and rather than sit beside him, Aria hopped onto his lap and snuggled in. Drew wrapped his arms around him and indulged himself by rubbing his cheek against Aria’s hair. He breathed deeply of Aria’s sweet, but earthy, smell.

Drew’s mother beamed at them both. “You make such a pretty picture.”

Cerrian made sick noises then laughed and wobbled. “Oh, what the heck,” she said flipping lightly onto her feet. “I didn’t want the biscuits anyway. The next lot will be out in a minute, and they’ll be hot.”

“Not fair,” Jay complained, also regaining their feet. “I would have won.”

“Nah, I’ve had a lot more practice.”

“Oh yes,” Jay said with a sweet smile. “I forgot you were so old.”

“Brat.” Cerrian affectionately cuffed them. “I’ll let you get away with that one, but only because you have such fabulous hair.”

Jay pulled a rainbow lock in front of their face, and grinned. “I do, don’t I. Yours is pretty cool too – for an old lady,” They laughed and danced away from Cerrian. “Race you to the biscuits.”

They crashed out of the room, into the kitchen and Drew could hear the playful banter continue.

“How are you doing?” Drew’s mother said, stroking Aria’s hair. “It’s been quite a day for you. Not feeling overwhelmed by it all?”

Aria smiled up at her with that smile that made Drew’s heart flutter.

“A little, but I’m having fun.”

“You’re so brave,” she said, in the kind of voice that still made the small child inside Drew sit up and bask in its glory. Aria looked confused.

“I am? I don’t think so.”

Drew’s mother crouched, to bring her eyes level with Aria’s. “There’s grown men, like my boy here.” She squeezed Drew’s knee, “who would have broken apart after what happened to you. They’d have hidden away from everyone. This is a strange place, full of strange people that you don’t know, but you still have a smile. That’s brave.”

“But I’ve been so scared,” Aria whispered. “I did hide away.”

“You hid when you needed to, then you came back. That’s brave. Being scared has nothing to do with it.”

“Really? I’m brave?”

“You’ve got the heart of a lion.” She smiled and patted Aria’s cheek, then got purposefully to her feet. “Well, I’d better make a start on dinner and make sure those two don’t eat all the biscuits. Oh well,” she added as she reached the door. “I can do one of those things. God, it’s like having a house full of kids again.”

She tried to sound cross, but Drew could hear the warmth beneath. She was having the time of her life. There was nothing she liked better than a house full of kids.

Aria was still and Drew wondered if he’d fallen asleep. He held him gently and allowed himself to relax. It finally began to properly sink in. This was really happening. Aria was here in his arms, and Amara was upstairs. They’d seen his scars and it looked like it wouldn’t be an issue. Aria had discovered kissing and Amara… Oh God, Amara. His body might be working against him at the moments, but his hands… Drew bit back a moan.

“I like your sister,” Aria said, startling him.

“I thought you were asleep.”

“No, just thinking.” Aria’s small fingers plucked at Drew’s shirt, in a way that suggested the thoughts were not entirely pleasant. Drew covered his restless fingers, and Aria tilted his head to gaze up with a thoughtful expression. “I like your mother, too.”

“Yeah? Wait a few days. Her constant mothering can be a bit…heavy sometimes.”

“My mother’s not a good person, is she? No, I don’t need you to say anything. I know she’s not a good person, and she’s a terrible mother. Not like yours.”

“No, she’s nothing like mine.”

“Your mother’s kind.”

“She is.”

“She was nice to me. She said I’m brave. That’s what mothers are supposed to do. They’re supposed to build you up not pull you down. Jay said that. They’re right. I’m an idiot. I should never have let her hurt me like she did. I wasn’t brave then, Drew. I wasn’t brave at all. I kept making excuses every time she hurt me. I pretended it wasn’t her fault, that it was because I wasn’t good enough. I kept trying to be better, but I knew. Deep inside, I knew. She doesn’t love me. She’s never loved me. Amara either. Sometimes it seems that she hates us, that she likes hurting us.”

Drew chewed his lip. What the heck was he supposed to say to that?

“I don’t think she hates you, sweetheart.” Both Drew an Aria looked up. Drew’s mother smiled sweetly at him from the doorway. “Sometimes when we get everything we want, when it all suddenly falls in our lap, we get…” She paused and shook her head frowning. “It’s easy to believe when you’re getting everything you want that you can get anything you want, just by asking – or commanding. And you know, your mother was very young when she went to America. She was all alone and must have been very lost and frightened. When she met your father, everything moved fast, and she was suddenly being treated like a princess. It just went to her head.”

She crouched in front of Aria again, brushing hair out of his face. “That’s better. Now we can see that pretty face.”

Aria tucked his face against Drew, but Drew could see he was smiling, and a faint pink flush was creeping across his cheeks.

“I think… I think that when you came along it was a reminder that she can’t control everything, that she can’t have everything she demands. You came crashing into her perfect life with dirty nappies and crying in the night, and she didn’t know what to do. Her life was fractured and the only way she could put it back together again was by making a decision, whether she knew it or not, that you’d be her dolls. Dolls are safe. Dolls are things we play with as children. We have fun with dolls – dressing them up, pretending, and that’s what she did. She dressed you up and pretended you were something you’re not.”

Aria snorted.

“The problem is,” Jay said, appearing in the doorway with a biscuit in their\x hand, “that she wanted to stop pretending. It didn’t really go horribly wrong until the whole transgender thing. Until then she was content enough pampering you and treating you like a pair of toddlers.” They rolled their eyes. “Or maybe French poodles.”

Aria chuckled, the sound vibrating in Drew’s chest.

“Transgender thing?” Drews mother asked, flashing him a glance. “I didn’t know…”

“She wanted him to transition,” Jay said flatly. “She wanted him to be a girl. She wanted both of them to do it, but Amara just laughed in her face.”

“Did you want to?” Drew’s mother asked, sounding incredulous.

Aria curled tighter in to Drew. “No,” he whispered. “I’m not a girl and I don’t want to be one, but—”

“Hey, what’s wrong with being a girl,” Cerrian said, coming up behind Jay.

“Nothing if you are one,” Jay said. “That is, if you want to be one.”

“So, what are you?” Cerrian asked playfully.

Jay huffed and turned their head. “I’m whatever the hell I want to be, and you’re never going to get to see what nature gave me, so you’re just going to have to be happy with that.”

“Aw.” Cerrian pouted, “and here was me thinking I was going to seduce you, just to see what you’re hiding in your pants.”

“Cerrian,” her mother scolded.

“I should be horribly offended by you,” Jay said sternly. “Even though I know you’re only playing.”

“You’d be surprised how many times I’ve heard that.”

“Nope,” Jay said with a grin. “Not even a tiny bit surprised.”

Cerrian cuffed them and plucked the remains of the biscuit out of their hand.

“Hey, that’s mine.”

“It was yours. Tip for you. In this house never take your eyes off your food or someone will eat it, usually Drew.”

Drew snorted. “Maybe when you’re not here. What are you doing here, by the way?”

“I heard a rumour,” she said as she threw herself into a chair, “that my bratty baby brother was on his way home. I was over at Sioned’s babysitting, so I didn’t have far to come.”

“Babysitting? Has something happened I don’t know about?”

“Nah. They’ve taken Rhidian to Aber to get stuff sorted with…something.” She waved her hand vaguely. “She wanted me to stick around and make sure Lowri didn’t throw any wild parties. As if. Christ, she’s sixteen, not six. She’s old enough to stay on her own.”

“Not quite,” Drew’s mother said. “Another year or so. Why didn’t you bring her with you?”

“She didn’t want to come. No offence but she didn’t think it was dope to hand with the olds.”

“Cheeky thing,” her mother said, but she was grinning. “Where is she now, then?”

“Out with her friends. She’s having a sleepover so there’s no rush.”

“A sleepover?” Her mother raised her eyebrows.

“It’s alright, I took her round to the house and spoke to the mother, or whoever and she confirmed it was all legit.”

“Hmm. I might give her a ring in a bit.”

“Whatever.” Cerrian waved her hand and shrugged.

“Honestly, you’re worse than she is. More than twice her age with half the common sense.”

“Yeah, yeah, that’s what you always say.” She stood and stretched. “Fancy a pint, Jay? I’d ask Drew but he looks busy, and they’ll never serve him down the club.” She nodded at Aria. “Not unless he’s got his passport.”

“Why?” Aria sat up and blinked at her.

“Coz you look about fourteen,” Jay said, rolling their eyes as if was obvious.

“But I’m eighteen now, so it’s okay to drink.”

“Don’t forget, in the bars we go to they know us. They know how old we are. No one here knows you. They can only go on what you look like, and you look fourteen. They’ll ask you for ID and you don’t have any.”

“But Drew can tell them. They know Drew. They’ll believe him.”

“They can’t.” Cerrian said bluntly. “If they ask for ID they’ve got to see it or refuse you. There’s signs everywhere. If you look under twenty-five they can ask you for ID and if you don’t have it they won’t serve you.”

“Under twenty-five? But it’s legal at eighteen.”

“Well yeah. You don’t have to be twenty-five.”

Aria looked confused.

“Besides,” Cerrian continued as she grabbed her coat, “you can’t go down the club looking like that. They’d eat you for dinner. I’m going to have to fight them off this one.” She tilted her head at Jay who threw Drew a wide-eyed look of mock terror as they followed Cerrian into the hall.

“You be sure to take of him…er…them, Cerrian,” her mother yelled after her. “You know what they’re like down the club.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Cerrian called, then they heard the door slam.

“Is Jay going to be alright? Aria asked anxiously. “Drew, you should go and protect them.”

“Don’t worry, bach,” Drew’s mother said, patting him. “Our Cerrian might be a bit of a flake but she’s nobody’s fool, and she’s got a kind heart. She won’t let Jay get into any trouble.” She paused. “Well, nothing she can’t get them out of again.”

“Maybe I should go,” Drew said, frowning. “You know what happened last time.”

His mother waved a hand. “She always was more reckless with her own safety than anyone else’s.”

“What happened last time?” Aria whispered.

“Er…” Drew glanced at his mother. “She…er…”

“She got a bit upset when someone said something bad about lesbians and she…er…she broke his nose, I think. Caused a bit of a bar fight. No hard feelings and she was only banned for six months.”

“Oh my God,” Aria said, pressing his hand over his mouth. “Drew. Go save Jay. Please. They’d be no good at fighting.”

“Are you sure?” Drew asked.

Aria paused and pinched his lip. “Hmm. Don’t know. They have got their kicking boots on.”

“I’m not even going to ask about that,” Drew’s mother said, getting stiffly to her feet. “Well, dinner isn’t going to make itself. Be a lamb, cariad, and give me a hand in the kitchen. I won’t ask Drew because he’s big and clumsy but I’ve got a feeling you won’t get in the way at all.”

Aria glanced uncertainly at Drew. “Emma wouldn’t let me help in the kitchen. She said I’d only get in the way.”

“Some people can be territorial with their kitchens. I can tell you, that after teaching my lot to find their way around a kitchen it would be a complete pleasure to share with a little angel like you. I’m sure you won’t go clumping around treating it like an army camp.”

Aria giggled as he took her outstretched hand. “I don’t clump about anywhere, but I might if I wore boots like Drew.”

“Trust me,” Drew’s mother said, “even if you were wearing three pairs at once you wouldn’t clump like that one. He was always like a bull in a china shop. It’s a wonder I have any nice things left. Cerrian wasn’t far behind. Her problem was she never paid attention to anything. Her head’s in the clouds half the time, that one.”

“Jay likes her so she must be a good person,” Aria said, his voice filled with absolute certainty. “Jay’s never wrong.”

Drew snorted. “She’s a good person, for sure…underneath.”

“Underneath what?”

“The part of her that isn’t.”

“Now come on Drew, that’s not fair. She is a good person. She just likes to tease you, that’s all.”

“Right…well…whatever you call it, she’s not doing it with the twins. I’ll put her out on the street if she tries any of her shit with them.”

“What do you mean?” Aria looked alarmed. “What is she going to do to us?”

Drew’s mother patted his shoulder. “Don’t you worry. Cerrian and Drew have always had a difficult relationship. Close, but difficult. She teased the living daylights out of him, and he never learned how to let it pass.”

“What did she do?”

“Why don’t you come and give me a hand and we can chat while we work. At this rate, none of us will be eating tonight.”

With a quick, anxious glance at Drew, Aria followed her into the kitchen. Drew remained where he was, scowling into the fire, until a breathless voice called his name from the hall. He leaped to his feet and rushed out to find Amara half way down the stairs, hugging the bannister.

“I didn’t think it would hurt this much,” he whined.

“You idiot. You can’t go walking up and down stairs like that. If you fall you’ll kill yourself.”

Amara scowled. “How else was I going to get down here? I’m not going to sit up there alone while you have all the fun down here.”

“We’re hardly having a party, Mara. Besides, I thought you were asleep.”

“I was. Kind of. I think. I’m not now.”

Drew sighed and rolled his eyes as he gently lifted Amara and held him close to his chest as he carefully made his way into the living room and set his precious burden on the big chair by the fire. Amara immediately struggled to his feet to relocate next to Drew when he sat on the sofa.

“Where’s Aria?”

“Did I hear Amara?”

With their usual uncanny synchronicity, the twins spoke at the same time, Aria appearing in the doorway. He grinned.

“I’m learning how to cook,” he announced proudly. “I’ll teach you when you’re better. I already know all about peeling potatoes and putting them in a pot with salt and water. I’m going to learn how to mash them later. Mrs Chance has a secret recipe to make them extra special. And she’s going to show me how to make pie tomorrow. I’m going to roll pastry because I have cold hands and a light touch.”

“I’m glad to see you’re giving Aria all the fun jobs, Mam,” Drew called dryly.

She stuck her head out of the doorway, resting her hand on Aria’s shoulder as she peeped over to give Drew a wink.

Copyright © 2018 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 29
  • Haha 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Loved this chapter and the boys having some happy times! Not only feeling wanted, but needed. Love Cerrian too! Seems like she’s a force to be reckoned with!  Thank you!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Outstanding chapter! The family has become attached and accepting of Aria, Amara and Jay. They are all giving them all of the unconditional love and support that they’ve been missing for their entire lives. Mam is the central figure in the healings of not only the twins and Jay but also her own son Drew. She’s showering each and every one with exactly what they need. Cerrian and Jay going to the local pub should prove to be interesting. I’m so happy for all of them, they are finding out what family and love are all about under the ever watchful eyes of Mam. She’s aware of all of the impending drama to come and is setting the stage for a battle royale to protect her children and stop the abuse. I’m very glad that Drew ran home in this situation, Mam will provide all of the support he’ll need to end the suffering of the twins. I’m sure that the other shoe is about to drop, and god help anyone who wants to hurt Mam’s family. I’m glad that you gave us this happy chapter. Anyone who’s been reading your stories knows what you’ve got coming next. I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😃❤️ Thanks Sui! Happy Valentines Day! 💕

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I'm probably one of the few who is worried. The twins are ok, Drew is partially relaxed, Jay is having fun, and Drew's mom is mothering everyone. Nice chapter. 

 

So are we having a fire, flood, or plague come in to upset the apple cart next chapter? I worry about this group of poppets.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, comicfan said:

I'm probably one of the few who is worried. The twins are ok, Drew is partially relaxed, Jay is having fun, and Drew's mom is mothering everyone. Nice chapter. 

 

So are we having a fire, flood, or plague come in to upset the apple cart next chapter? I worry about this group of poppets.

 

Of course, something bad is about to happen. They are in the eye of the storm.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

We find Cerrian and Jay standing on their heads together--a match made in heaven? It wouldn't surprise me if they wound up dating (or arm wrestling. With those two, it could go either way! 😂)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Truly adored this chapter; the writing and pacing were spot on.  Would not mind a look at what the Jay and Cerrian get up to at the pub.  Can't wait to see what happens next; I am sure that there is more drama, but nice to have a few light chapters as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, Starrynight22 said:

Oh lovely 

 

I love the twins finding happy home life even briefly. 

 

And wow jay and cerrian out drinking...... someone get the bail money ready lol

 

Haha! They've gone to the local rugby club so you might be right!! Mind you, Jay has their kicking boots on :D

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 2/14/2019 at 5:59 PM, Mrsgnomie said:

I’m so happy. Aria feels loved and wanted...being treated like a real person. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

Yes. I think that's a key thing for Aria. Not just being loved but feeling wanted, needed and real :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/14/2019 at 6:20 PM, Cris L said:

Yes. This was a very happy chapter, and I can see a lot of hope for a truly happy future. 

 

There is a lot of hope, and I promise a happy ending, but in between there is plenty to come.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/14/2019 at 6:35 PM, chris191070 said:

A nice happy chapter, great to see the twins wanted.

 

The twins are well and truly wanted now. I think it will take time for them to appreciate it and at some point they're going to have to go back to their other lives, but they'll take this time home with them. They've changed and they can never go back to the people they were. The trick for them will be to find a middle way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/14/2019 at 7:16 PM, Wesley8890 said:

I'm not crying at this sweet chapter

 

No of course not :D Mind you, I can't comment. I've been breaking down all day over the Mars Rover. It's only a robot but it's broken me. It's last words were "My battery's dying. It's getting dark," or something along those lines. OMG Broken!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 2/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, mfa607 said:

Loved this chapter and the boys having some happy times! Not only feeling wanted, but needed. Love Cerrian too! Seems like she’s a force to be reckoned with!  Thank you!

 

Oh dear yes. Cerrian is definitely a force to be reckoned with as we will see in the next couple of chapters. She seems to have taken a liking to Jay :D You're welcome

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 2/14/2019 at 7:42 PM, drpaladin said:

Mam's analysis of the Farm Maid was very astute and likely close to the mark. It also shows her innate nature to be kindly and understanding. It was better for Aria than to hear her say his mother is a cold harridan who doesn't love her children.  Even though Aria knows what his mother is like, it probably won't stop him from wanting her love and approval. Children always want that from their parents no matter how old they are.

 

 

 

Jay at a local club. Now that would be a sight to see. Aria's confusion over being told he'd need ID was funny. He's so used to being known at the places he goes, it didn't occur to him they wouldn't serve him.

 

The twins are getting a taste of what it's like being in a normal family. It's what they've never had. They'll want more of this experience. Right now this is a perfect therapy and calming period for them all.

 

Oh for sure, Aria is a naturally loving and forgiving person. He's spent his lifetime trying to make his mother happy and wanting her to love him, he's not going to lose that overnight. However, his eyes are opened and he has more perspective. I think he'll be more like Amara, still vulnerable to her in some ways, but able to stand up and say "I'm me and you either accept me as I am or not at all." There might be tears behind it but he's definitely getting stronger as far as she's concerned.

 

Yeah, Jay at a club. Don't forget this is the Welsh Valleys so it isn't going to be a nightclub or anything Jay will have gone to before. It's either a working man's club or a rugby club, or a mixture of both. Spit and sawdust :D

 

Families will be a theme for a while.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, flesco said:

Outstanding chapter! The family has become attached and accepting of Aria, Amara and Jay. They are all giving them all of the unconditional love and support that they’ve been missing for their entire lives. Mam is the central figure in the healings of not only the twins and Jay but also her own son Drew. She’s showering each and every one with exactly what they need. Cerrian and Jay going to the local pub should prove to be interesting. I’m so happy for all of them, they are finding out what family and love are all about under the ever watchful eyes of Mam. She’s aware of all of the impending drama to come and is setting the stage for a battle royale to protect her children and stop the abuse. I’m very glad that Drew ran home in this situation, Mam will provide all of the support he’ll need to end the suffering of the twins. I’m sure that the other shoe is about to drop, and god help anyone who wants to hurt Mam’s family. I’m glad that you gave us this happy chapter. Anyone who’s been reading your stories knows what you’ve got coming next. I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😃❤️ Thanks Sui! Happy Valentines Day! 💕

 

Thank you!! Yes, Mam is a nurturing person and she's determined to be a mother not just to her own children, Aria and Amara, but Jay too and it's going to be interesting when they realise that. Jay has been even more alone than the twins. At least they have each other.

 

Yes, there will be interesting times ahead :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
23 hours ago, comicfan said:

I'm probably one of the few who is worried. The twins are ok, Drew is partially relaxed, Jay is having fun, and Drew's mom is mothering everyone. Nice chapter. 

 

So are we having a fire, flood, or plague come in to upset the apple cart next chapter? I worry about this group of poppets.

 

You're right to worry. This is a peaceful patch and it will liven up soon, but I think it's fair to say that at least for the next few chapters it will be difficult but more than they can handle - and it will be fun fun fun

  • Like 1
Link to comment
22 hours ago, drpaladin said:

 

Of course, something bad is about to happen. They are in the eye of the storm.

 

Don't worry, the story builds gradually and they have plenty of fun in the meantime

  • Like 2
Link to comment
21 hours ago, travlbug said:

Only Mam could make someone peel potatoes--and like it! ^_^

 

Haha, yeah. Poor Aria has been so attention starved and cooking together is very much a bonding exercise. I would imagine that she could have asked him to do anything and because they were working together he would have loved it. Actually, peeling potatoes is fun - the first couple of times :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, travlbug said:

We find Cerrian and Jay standing on their heads together--a match made in heaven? It wouldn't surprise me if they wound up dating (or arm wrestling. With those two, it could go either way! 😂)

 

Um.... maybe not dating given that Cerrian is almost forty (although she doesn't act like it) and Jay isn't yet twenty. She's almost double their age - physically. Mentally, I think Jay is probably the more mature.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..