Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 4,182 Words
  • 4,044 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aria Graice - 14. Chapter 14

Three days later, Drew walked into a shit-storm. He heard the yelling before he even reached the front steps. His heart fluttered as he fitted his key into the lock and opened the door. The sound increased exponentially. As he crossed he hall, Aria screamed in the room above and he took the stairs in three bounds. The sight that met his eyes might have been comical in other circumstances.

Alicia was on her knees, trying to hold together the shattered remains of the television. Amara was pacing back and forth in front of the window muttering curses, and Aria was grinding what was left of his phone into the wooden floor with the heel of his boot.

“What the hell’s going on?”

Everyone froze and for one, blissful moment, all was silent, then Aria flew across the room, throwing himself into Drew’s arms and held on tight, rambling incoherently between angry sobs. What was surprising was that moments later, Amara was also clinging to him ranting just as incoherently, only without the sobbing.

“Hey,” Drew said, trying to pry the boys loose. “Whoa. Hang on there. What the heck? Aria, you’re going to push me down the stairs. Amara? What the hell is going on? Alicia?”

Alicia threw up her hands helplessly.

“Alright. Okay. Come on. To the sofa. Then you’re both going to calm down and tell me what the hell’s going on.”

“It…it’s mother,” Aria hiccupped as he followed Drew across the room holding his hand.

“Fucking bitch,” Amara snapped. “If I ever see her again, I’ll spit in her face.”

“What’s she done now?” Drew had no idea what to expect. With Julianna Graice, it could have been anything.

“She cancelled the party,” Amara spat, throwing himself dramatically onto the sofa next to Drew, while Aria took his usual position, curled like a kitten under Drew’s arm.

“She did what?”

“She didn’t exactly cancel it, boys,” Alicia started, only to be silenced by one of the intense, dual twin stares.

“Okay, she “rearranged” it. She cancelled all the plans we made. We spent hours and hours choosing everything – the venue, the music, the colour scheme.”

“That was me,” Aria said.

“Of course.” Drew smiled but Aria didn’t return a hint of one.

“We worked so hard.”

“We’ve been planning for months.”

“Years.”

“We’ve been talking about it for years.”

“It was us.”

“It was all about us.”

“It’s supposed to be all about us.”

“It’s our birthday.”

“She spoiled it on purpose.”

“Because of what Aria did.”

“Because she hates us now.”

The last line was said in unison and it was spooky as hell.

“What exactly happened?” Drew asked Alicia, shushing the boys.

“Julianna called this morning to say she’d cancelled all the arrangements for the party and made her own. She said that she was concerned because of the last threat, that the arrangements have been compromised and it would be better for everyone if everything was changed up last minute with no chance of anyone else getting a hold on what happening until it was too late.”

“She has a point,” Drew said.

Both boys started talking at once. Drew held up his hand and finally managed to silence them. “Hear me out. I’m not denying she went about it in the shittiest way ever, and I’m not denying it was hurtful not to talk to you about it first, but she does have a point. Someone knew way too much about the party and it’s quite possible they were planning to do something there. This way, no one will know, or if they find out it will be too late to plan anything.”

“But it was our party,” Amara said at the same time as Aria said. “It won’t be our party anymore.”

“Of course it will be your party. It’ll just be a surprise party now.”

“Are you kidding? With Maman organizing, it will be her party, not ours. It will have nothing to do with us. There will be lace and bows and…pink,” Amara spat.

“Well, that wouldn’t be so bad,” Aria said, then winced under his brother’s glare, “but she’ll have her favourite music and her favourite food. We spent ages finding the right musicians.”

Drew knew all about that. He’d been hearing about Jazz Kittens, an old-style jazz quartet, made up, from what Drew could see, of four female anime characters with funky electrical instruments, for days, and he knew Amara was excited about having one of his favourite bands playing later in the evening. Would that still be happening.

“Can’t you at least contact the musicians and make sure they’re still playing. She can’t stop you doing that, surely.”

“She’s specifically forbidden it, and we can’t anyway because we don’t know where it is,” Aria wailed.

Drew’s mind raced. There wasn’t much he could do to help. It wasn’t as if he’d have a chance of persuading Mrs Graice to change her mind, and she’d made it impossible for the boys to rearrange in time for their birthday. Drew sat up straighter, an idea occurring to him.

“I’ve had an idea,” he said. “Hear me out before you say anything.”

The boys nodded, curious, and Aria sniffed.

“When I was a kid, my sister was going out with a horrible girl, who just happened to be a chef.”

“A girl? Your sister’s gay?” Aria sat up straighter, his curiosity getting the better of him.

“All three of us are,” Drew said, with a grin. “She calls us her gaybies.”

“Aw, that’s cute,” Aria said with a coy smile.

Amara snorted. “I’m sorry. Drew, but we are so going to call you Gayby from now on.”

“No we’re not,” Aria said and smacked his brother on the arm. Amara sniggered. Drew knew for sure he was going to be called Gaybe, at least for a while.

“Anyway,” he said, glad that at least the boys seemed to have cheered up a little. “One year my sister and the evil girlfriend were visiting for Mother’s Day and offered to make my mother her favourite meal.”

“What has this got to do with our birthday,” Amara demanded.

Aria shushed him. “We’re not supposed to speak until the end.”

Amara rolled his eyes but he didn’t say anything else, allowing Drew to continue.

“My mother chose a meal that we’ve been making in our family for generations. I remember my grandmother making it, then my mother, and my sister had at least seen it done many times. Anyway, the made the pie, then wandered off, leaving it covered in the kitchen to wait for dinner time before putting it in the over, so we’d have it hot.” Drew smiled fondly as he remembered the kitchen in their terraced house, the smell of cooking that always filled it – baking if his mother was cooking, meat if his father was in there: rich roasts and stew. God he missed his father.

Pulling himself back to the story, he continued. “My mother went out to take a look, and it was a disaster. Whether deliberately or genuinely trying to improve on the recipe, the evil chef had made the pie unrecognisable and my mother hated it. Mam, being Mam, just quietly made another pie to the recipe she loved, but when my sister came down to put the pie in the over and found out what Mam had done, she went mental. She ranted that she’d been in the kitchen all afternoon and had been working hard and Mam was ungrateful, but she’d missed an important point. The same point, I think, that your mother missed.”

“What?” Both boys looked interested, but clueless

Drew smiled. “The whole point of the meal was making my mother happy. Not the work, or the time, or the ingredients. If it didn’t make my mother happy, the gift was worthless.”

The boys thought about it for a moment.

“Okay,” Aria said, slowly. “I get what you mean, that because Maman didn’t make the party for us or with us it’s worthless, but what are we supposed to do about it.”

“Make another pie,” Amara said, a slow smile spreading over his face.”

“What—Oh.” Aria smiled, but it faded all too soon. “But we won’t have time to organize it by next week, and if we set it up for after it won’t be for our birthday.”

“It doesn’t have to be on your birthday to be for your birthday, and you’ll be eighteen by then so you can control everything, including the guest list. It can be exclusively for your friends if you want. I presume the official party won’t be.”

Aria made a face. “No, Maman invited more than half.”

Amara’s grin was feral. “We won’t have to invite her. Can you imagine how angry she’ll be when she reads about it or sees it on the news. It will be the best party of the century, and she won’t be there.”

“It will put her pathetic party to shame.”

Aria threw his arms around Drew’s neck and kissed him on the cheek. “Thank you, Drew, you’re a genius.”

“You sure are, Gayby. Remind me to send a thank you card to your sister. No, better than that, we’ll invite them.” Before Drew could get a word in, the boys started to talk about the new party, so fast, Drew couldn’t follow, then they scampered off upstairs. Drew let out a sigh of relief.

“Well, well,” Alicia said after the boys had gone. “Seems like you’re not just a pretty face after all.”

“Seems so,” Drew said smiling.

“Where did you get so wise and understanding?”

“Well, I don’t think I’m that, but growing up in a house full of older woman sure made me resourceful.”

“Well, you handled that like a pro. I have to admit,” she said as she set aside the clearly unrepairable television. “I was unsure about you when you first came, but you’re not what I expected at all.”

“What did you expect?” Drew asked, curious.

“Perhaps my expectations are skewed by the spectacular failures of the past, but the ex-army we’ve had, especially with your background haven’t been the most sympathetic with the boys.”

“Hmm, I’d say you’ve just been unlucky. Generally black ops are chosen for their intelligence and resourcefulness and they don’t take meatheads or idiots. Either someone’s lying, or you were just damn unlucky.” Or maybe, just maybe, they were sabotaged, but why?

Alicia shrugged. “I don’t much care,” she said. “The main thing is that now we have you, and I hope you’re not going anywhere for a long, long time because, aside from the outside drama, this house is as calm and peaceful as it’s ever been. Who knows, maybe the twins are growing up at long last.”

Drew narrowed his eyes as he regarded Alicia and she huffed.

“Don’t look at me like that. I know what you’re thinking.” She got to her feet and dusted herself down. “I know full well that not all of the boys’ behaviour was a result of immaturity or being spoiled brats, especially over the last year or so. The fact is, Julianna Graice pays my wages and there’s only so much I can do. The situation is as it is and although I’ve pushed the boat as far as I can, I have to follow orders or never doubt for a moment I’d be dismissed, even after all this time. Think about it, Mr Chance, if I left just who would there be in this house who’d lift a finger to help those boys, even as much as I have. Yeah, I’m a poor ally, but I’m all they’ve got.”

“Not anymore,” Drew said softly, meeting her gaze.

She pursed her lips but didn’t say any more before she stomped across the floor and down the stairs.

Drew glanced at the television, wondering if he should be doing anything about it. Ah, screw it. He was already doing more than he’d signed up for. He wandered over to the book case, chose a book, then sat on the sofa and read. He’d come early so he could use the gym, but he wasn’t in the mood anymore.

He’d not got to the end of the first chapter before Ben breezed up the stairs and flopped onto the sofa, lifting his legs to cross his ankles on the coffee table.

“You shouldn’t do that. The boys don’t like it.”

Ben shrugged, crossing his arms behind his head and popping his back. “The boys are not here. I hear they’re not too happy. Do you think they’ll still be up for this afternoon? I hope so, I was looking forward to it.”

You were looking forward to it? What’s that got to do with it? It isn’t about you.”

“Oh lighten up,” Ben snapped. “Don’t think I haven’t noticed you cosying up to both of them. Don’t tell me you’re not enjoying fringe benefits.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Drew asked, icicles dripping from each word.

“Christ, Drew, how naïve do you think I am? They’re all over you like a rash.”

Drew surged to his feet and towered over Ben who seemed unperturbed. “How many times do I have to tell you. There is, was and never will be anything between me and those boys apart from friendship. But of course, you wouldn’t know anything about that.”

Ben narrowed his eyes. “What are you getting at?”

“I know something’s going on between you and Amara. I don’t know what it is, but I promise you I’m going to find out.”

Ben sneered. “Good luck with that.”

Dismissing Drew, Ben relaxed back into the sofa and closed his eyes. “Shouldn’t you be babysitting?”

Although he was practically vibrating with anger, Drew knew better than to push things any further, so he stormed up to his room and grabbed the spare workout clothes he kept there. In five minutes he was hammering the gym equipment.

 

He was still working the treadmill half an hour later when voices on the main stairs alerted him that the boys were on their way up. He continued his workout, assuming they were coming to use the gym. He couldn’t see them, as the treadmill was at the back of the gym, in front of the large dormer window. At almost any time of day, it let in a cascade of natural light that made the wood glow. Its twin would be welcoming the boys at the other end of the room.

Drew was slightly curious when music started up, but he finished his allotted time before switching off the machine and padding across the floor, his gym shoes making no sound on the polished wood. He froze when he saw what the twins were doing.

Ben had told Drew the boys danced as if they were two halves of the same person, but Drew hadn’t really appreciated what he’d meant. He did now. Twisting, bending, spinning, leaping, the twins were grace and beauty incarnate. Fluid as milk, they flowed from one move to the next, barely touching the poles. They spun impossibly high and leaped from pole to pole without missing a beat and always they were perfectly in tune. Drew watched spellbound, afraid to make himself known in case it caused them to miss step and fall.

Aria and Amara ended their routine as they’d started and performed it – as one. They landed lightly to the dying notes of music and held their pose for a moment before falling into each other’s arms, laughing and breathless.

Drew clapped, and Aria spun with a little scream. He pressed his hand across his mouth and sagged against Amara.

“Oh Drew, you scared me,” Aria scolded. “I didn’t hear you come in.”

“I was already here,” Drew said, his eyes on Amara. There had been times during the performance that Drew almost felt the dance was for him. It was personal somehow. He’d thought it impossible, a conclusion that was confirmed by Aria’s response. But Amara… Amara wasn’t startled. He didn’t seem surprised. He simple smiled his slow, sexy smile that made Drew glad he was wearing loose trousers.

“Did you see us?” Aria asked, excitement replacing shock. “Did you see it all? Were we wonderful?”

Drew dragged his eyes away from Amara and grinned at Aria. “Not all, but most. You’re both very talented.”

“We’re talented at a lot of things,” Amara drawled glancing coyly at Drew from under his lashes.

Drew laughed. “I’m sure you are. Hadn’t you best be getting ready for the party?”

Amara scowled. “I’ve had enough of parties for one day. I don’t want to go.”

“Then don’t go,” Drew said, with a shrug. “We can hang here if you want, or go clubbing, or I could go and leave you in peace.”

Aria sighed. “I’d like that,” he said. “Oh, not you going to leave us in peace. I’d like to go out, just the three of us. We could go to The Roof. Please Mara, can we?”

Amara scowled. “I wish we could, but Mother…”

“Who cares about Mother? She’s been so shitty, she can’t expect us to be nice to her now.”

Amara stared at him. “When did you stop caring about what Mother thinks?”

Aria ducked his head, his cheeks flushing. “Well, I do care, but I’m angry. Just for today I want to do something to piss her off.”

Amara grinned and hugged his brother, then frowned. “I really need to go to the party for exposure and publicity. Tell you what, I’ll call Alexei and see what he says. Go shower and I’ll meet you downstairs in half an hour.”

“But…”

“I’ll see you downstairs and we’ll figure something out.” Amara kissed Aria on the cheek, then skipped away, leaving Drew to stare after him and Aria to follow, slowly.

He glanced back over his shoulder. “Have you ever pole danced, Drew?”

Drew snorted. “Me? Never. My mother used to say I have all the grace of a cat in jackboots with every leg going in a different direction.”

Aria smiled. “I don’t believe that. You have to be stealthy to do what you used to do. You have to be fit and smart and good at all kinds of things that need balance and grace. All you really need to dance on the pole is strong legs and good balance.”

“Well, my legs are not as strong as they used to be. Maybe I can work up to it, although I think I’m too big.”

“A lot of men who pole dance look like you.” Drew felt naked as Aria scanned him thoughtfully. “You’re not that big, not like my last bodyguard who was kind of scary big. Most men who pole dance do routines that are more like gymnastics than dance and focus on strength rather than anything else. Really, I think you’d be great. I could teach you.”

Aria looked like an excited puppy and Drew hated to shoot him down. There was no way on earth or in heaven he would ever pole dance, but he didn’t want to pull Aria down after everything he’d been through that day. “Maybe. One day.”

Aria beamed and bounced down the stairs.

 

Drew went back to his room and took a long shower. He took time styling his hair in the style Aria had taught him, then dressed in the clothes they’d picked out for the party. He was pretty sure that if they were going to the club instead, his charcoal grey suit, with teal silk shirt would do just as well for that. If they were staying home, he could always change.

Looking in the mirror, he had to acknowledge that he was looking good, possibly better than he ever had. It might have been the products Aria was making him use, the change of hairstyle, or maybe it was something about the eyes. They were a touch less shadowed than before, a little more crinkled at the edges, more like they’d been before he left home.

With a last glance, he patted his hair, caught himself doing it and laughed, then headed out the door and down to the living room.

The boys weren’t there, but as he reached the bottom of the stairs, Ben emerged from the kitchen. To be fair, he looked damn good in a black, collarless suit and burgundy brocade shirt. His hair was artfully ruffled, and he looked stylish and elegant. Drew started to feel underdressed but reminded himself, he wasn’t here to win a fashion parade, but to protect Aria, nothing more.

“My, my,” Ben drawled. “Don’t we scrub up nice?”

Drew grunted and sat down. The remains of the television had been removed and another sat in its place. If Drew didn’t know better, he might have thought the old one had been repaired but it would have taken more than a few hours to put that back together even assuming it was possible. He picked up the remote and flicked through the channels. He scrolled through the films on Netflix, familiar by now with the boys’ tastes in movies.

“Don’t make yourself too comfortable, once the little princes arrive it will be a whirlwind. Crazy how two such little things can make such a big fuss.”

“Whatever you say.” Drew smiled inwardly, feeling slightly malicious. “The boys are tired, they’re thinking of having a night in, so I’m checking out something to watch? Do you have any preferences?”

“Oh hell no,” Ben said, scowling. “I’ve been looking forward to this. I’ve got a lot riding on tonight.”

“It’s not your party. Ben. It’s a job, remember.”

“Every job has its perks, Drew boy, and this is mine.”

He started across the floor.

“Where are you going?”

“Just to have a little chat with Amara, see if I can help him make up his mind what he wants to do.”

“I don’t think that would be a very good idea.”

Ben spun and tilted his head, raising a perfectly shaped brow. “Excuse me?”

Drew got to his feet. He was roughly the same height as Ben, but the other man seemed shorter. He had that fluid grace of an accomplished martial artist, bouncing lightly on his toes when he walked, with his legs slightly bent. It made for smooth movement, but generally gave Drew a slight height advantage, which he capitalized on, be drawing himself up. He strode slowly across the floor until he was about a foot away. He spoke slowly for emphasis.

“Aria and Amara are perfectly capable of making the decision all by themselves, and I think they should be allowed to do just that, especially after what happened.”

“What the fuck do you care?” Ben seemed genuinely surprised which made Drew’s inner schoolteacher cross her arms and shake her head.

“I’ve told you before often enough. I’m here to do a job, and that’s protecting Aria. I will do that no matter what I have to protect him against, even you.”

“Me? What are you on about?”

There was a slight shifty squint in Ben’s eyes that made Drew’s heart kick up a notch. “I know there’s something going on between you and Amara. Somehow, you’ve got Amara running scared and that is not a good idea.”

Ben smirked. “Don’t know what you’re talking about, mate. Me an’ Mara, we got something good going on. We understand each other. I know when to look the other way…and so does he.”

“I don’t believe you. Amara looks scared to death half the time when you are around, and I pick up signals. I’m damn good at it. If I hadn’t been I wouldn’t have made it this far.”

“You’re seeing things. We’re good mates, sure, but I have no idea what’s got you over-thinking the situation. Chill and take a step back. It would be good for your health.”

Drew laughed. “Don’t even think about trying to intimidate me. I’m not a seventeen-year-old child and I’ve eaten men bigger than you for breakfast.”

“I’d like to see you try,” Ben snarked, his mask slipping.

Drew didn’t want to go toe to toe with him. It worried him to think the boys would have to suffer the fallout because Drew certainly wouldn’t. He knew exactly how to handle people like Ben, but unfortunately, he also knew that Ben was petty enough to take everything out on the boys and they didn’t deserve that.

“Do you really want to get into this here? Now? Why don’t we just sit down, relax, and see what the boys want to do when they come down?”

Ben glared at him for a moment, then shrugged and spun on the balls of his feet, to stalk lightly back past Drew and into the kitchen. Drew heard cupboards slamming and dishes rattled but he didn’t care. He didn’t bother to go look, even when something smashed. In fact, he was rather amused.

The pie story is real. I was gutted. I was quite happy making my own pie but the evil girlfriend made such a fuss, she ran away for two hours and my daughter spent the afternoon crying in her room. It is, to this day, referred to as piegate.
Copyright © 2018 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 21
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



  • Site Moderator

The Farm Maid is a petty little tyrant getting what she thinks is possibly her last good blow in before the boys are out of her power. Piegate. I like the sound of that.

 

Drew came up with a solution which satisfied the boys and made them happy. I don't think TFM is quite through yet though. We'll have to wait and see.

 

The way things are going with Ben, he and Drew are bound to brawl at some point. Ben is the type to go for a blind side attack if I'm any judge of character. I wonder what Ben had cooked up for this party.

Edited by drpaladin
  • Like 3
Link to comment

the plot thickens, twirls and does a half pike off a pole....  curioser and curioser.  There seems to be so many bad eggs...

 

Thanks having a great time with this!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Like everyone else, more please!!  Ben is a complete douche and is probably more complicit than any of us (other than you 😜) realize at this point. Great chapter! Piegate! So sorry for the birthday drama. Resonates with A&A too!

 Thank you!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Excellent chapter! The dynamics between Drew, Aria and Amara are becoming smoother and more comfortable. Alicia is a mixed bag, you can’t be certain how she’ll react to any given situation. Maman aka the farm maid is a total bitch! She’s in for quite a shock if her “boys” don’t attend her party. Ben is a problem that Amara needs to solve with Drew and Alicia’s assistance. I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😃❤️

 

P.S. I’m saddened to hear about piegate, and hoping your sister came to her senses. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Interesting chapter! Looking forward to more.

 

The thing that intrigues me is the lack of love & romance... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I really want to see Ben and Drew throw down.  I have a feeling I know who would come out on top.  Love the idea of a second party, and the pie story was the perfect addition.  Amazing what can happen, that at the time you think will blow over; but literally decades later is still being talked about.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/23/2018 at 10:44 PM, Howzat said:

Mmmm the thot plickens!

 

Doesn't always. It's taking its time in this one :D

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 10/23/2018 at 10:55 PM, drpaladin said:

The Farm Maid is a petty little tyrant getting what she thinks is possibly her last good blow in before the boys are out of her power. Piegate. I like the sound of that.

 

Drew came up with a solution which satisfied the boys and made them happy. I don't think TFM is quite through yet though. We'll have to wait and see.

 

The way things are going with Ben, he and Drew are bound to brawl at some point. Ben is the type to go for a blind side attack if I'm any judge of character. I wonder what Ben had cooked up for this party.

 

I had the absolute best of fun writing the party scene. TFM was beautifully bonkers. She does love to make a scene.

 

Ben is a problem that everyone needs to get to grips with,  and will very soon, promise.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 10/23/2018 at 11:46 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Ben is behind the threats I just know ot!

 

Maybe, maybe not but I think we all know he's neck deep in SOMETHING

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/24/2018 at 12:32 AM, Canuk said:

the plot thickens, twirls and does a half pike off a pole....  curioser and curioser.  There seems to be so many bad eggs...

 

Thanks having a great time with this!

4

 

I'm so glad you're enjoying. I'm having more fun writing this that I have had for ages. There's a long, long way to go and many twists. There have been surprises even for me (It's great not knowing the story until you write it) and even though I have an idea of where we're going there are still unanswered questions and a whole load of shit yet to hit the fan. Hold on to your hat :D

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, randyjuan said:

Moooore! I want moooooore! I think I am addicted.

Stories are very powerful and can be addictive. Fortunately, there is plenty more to feed your addiction and barring emergencies you should get your fix every week for the foreseeable future. In the meantime I have lots of completed stories you can look at. They're all very different from each other so you'll probably find something that interests you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
18 hours ago, chris191070 said:

The plot thickens, I want more

 

And you will get more. Lots more. I'm currently skating close to the 100k mark on Chapter Twenty Five and there's lots more to come even after that. So don't worry we won't be running out of story anytime soon.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, mfa607 said:

Like everyone else, more please!!  Ben is a complete douche and is probably more complicit than any of us (other than you 😜) realize at this point. Great chapter! Piegate! So sorry for the birthday drama. Resonates with A&A too!

 Thank you!

 

Piegate is firmly entrenched in the history of our family as is the time I went to the bathroom in a museum exhibit. It was actually Mother's Day and the pie I made for myself was delicious. Sadly, no one liked he orange monstrosity the evil girlfriend made. I mean, since when does corned beef pie have mushrooms and tomatoes in it? *shudder*

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, flesco said:

Excellent chapter! The dynamics between Drew, Aria and Amara are becoming smoother and more comfortable. Alicia is a mixed bag, you can’t be certain how she’ll react to any given situation. Maman aka the farm maid is a total bitch! She’s in for quite a shock if her “boys” don’t attend her party. Ben is a problem that Amara needs to solve with Drew and Alicia’s assistance. I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😃❤️

 

P.S. I’m saddened to hear about piegate, and hoping your sister came to her senses. 

 With hindsight, Piegate was hilarious, and very much a product of the evil girlfriend. It was actually my daughter and her girlfriend who were supposed to have been making me a meal for Mother's Day. Fortunately my daughter is no longer with the evil girlfriend and is now with someone who is utterly beautiful and will never make me disgusting pie :D On the down side my daughter has never learned to make corned beef pie. I think she's afraid now :D :D

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Cris L said:

Interesting chapter! Looking forward to more.

 

The thing that intrigues me is the lack of love & romance... 

 

Glad you're enjoying. There will be love and romance, but it's not the focus of the story so it won't be for a good while yet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Paqman said:

Amara needs to release a song like Queen's Death on two legs about mommy dearest.

 

That is a fantastic idea. I'll mention it to him :D

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

I really want to see Ben and Drew throw down.  I have a feeling I know who would come out on top.  Love the idea of a second party, and the pie story was the perfect addition.  Amazing what can happen, that at the time you think will blow over; but literally decades later is still being talked about.

 

Ben and Drew will have their moment eventually, don't worry. I have to admit to keeping piegate alive. I think my daughter would like nothing more than to forget it, but it's like poking a bruise - it's fun :D

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
33 minutes ago, Nephylim said:

 

I had the absolute best of fun writing the party scene. TFM was beautifully bonkers. She does love to make a scene.

 

Ben is a problem that everyone needs to get to grips with,  and will very soon, promise.

 

30 minutes ago, Nephylim said:

 

I'm so glad you're enjoying. I'm having more fun writing this that I have had for ages. There's a long, long way to go and many twists. There have been surprises even for me (It's great not knowing the story until you write it) and even though I have an idea of where we're going there are still unanswered questions and a whole load of shit yet to hit the fan. Hold on to your hat :D

 

When an author is enjoying writing a story, you can sense it and it certainly shows here. I'm glad you're so far ahead with chapters and that there is much more to go after that. This story is my look forward to moment of the week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Nephylim said:

 

Maybe, maybe not but I think we all know he's neck deep in SOMETHING

 

His head is neck deep in his arse hole.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Nephylim said:

 

Piegate is firmly entrenched in the history of our family as is the time I went to the bathroom in a museum exhibit. It was actually Mother's Day and the pie I made for myself was delicious. Sadly, no one liked he orange monstrosity the evil girlfriend made. I mean, since when does corned beef pie have mushrooms and tomatoes in it? *shudder*

 

Corned beef pie? Sounds interesting.  Recipe?

 

Also, my family has "butt pie."  There are three cousins (I'm one) who were all born the same year and all have a name starting with B. The three B's were notorious for finding trouble.The oldest B and I were the best of buds and one year at Christmas, before my mother put bells on my shoes as an alleged cute Christmas thing that turned out to be an early GPS system,  Brad and I figured out how to get into the bedroom where all the pies had been put to keep them out of harms way before dinner and pulled out the drawers of the dresser as steps to get to the top. He was sitting in one pumpkin pie, I was sitting in another and we were eating out of a third one. This was when were were about 2. We are now 57. We still get harassed about "butt pie."

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..