Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Thwarted - 18. Chapter Eighteen

Prompt- Use: week, together, book
Mark sighed and set his book aside. He’d been trying to read for the last hour to no avail, he just couldn’t get into the story while his mind was occupied with Jackie’s proposal. He could certainly see the benefits of living with his sister, whether he chose to go to school or get a job, he just didn’t think he could do it.
 
Granted, he'd be able to save a ton of money if he took her up on her offer, but he really wasn't sure it would be worth the lack of privacy. The more he thought about it, the more he was fairly certain he would rather just stay where he was. That didn't mean he wouldn't still talk it over with Trey and get his opinion.
 
Mark glanced at the clock and smiled. Only a few hours before Trey would arrive. He had enough time to take a shower and tidy up the apartment a little bit, go over his finances a bit more in depth, and maybe even make a quick run to the store and pick up something for dinner. It wouldn’t be anything fancy, but he could throw together a quick shepherd’s pie, at least his version of it.
 
 
***
 
“So, how did it go with Jackie?” Trey walked into the apartment, already stripping out of his jacket and laying it across the back of the sofa.

“It was… interesting.” Mark shut the door and followed behind. He waited for Trey to turn and pulled him into his arms. “We can talk about that later.”

Trey grinned and kissed him, briefly, before pulling away and plopping down onto the couch. “Actually, why don’t we talk about it now? May as well get it out of the way and not have it hanging over our head the rest of the night. So, what’s going on?”

Mark groaned and joined him on the couch. He was still ninety percent sure he didn’t want to take Jackie up on her offer but there was ten percent of him that was uncertain as to whether or not he was making the right choice. Hopefully talking with Trey would help shut that ten percent up.

“Well, you already know I’ve been trying to decide for sure whether or not to start school. Honestly, financially I don’t think I can fix it to where I can focus solely on school.” Well, not without taking Jackie up on her offer, but he hadn’t got that far yet.

“Okay, so what are you thinking instead?” Trey seemed interested and it was great he didn’t try and convince Mark otherwise.

“I’ll definitely need to find a job, at least for the next year. Jackie came up with an idea to help me save up some money, but I’m fairly certain it’s not something I want to do.” Mark sighed and leaned his head back, resting it on the back of the couch as he stared at the ceiling. It took a minute to get his thoughts together, but when he did he turned his head to look at Trey. “She thought maybe it would be a good idea for me to stay with her and Brent while you’re gone.”

“Wow. That would definitely be a change.” Trey shifted slightly, but other than that small movement, his body didn’t betray any of his thoughts. Luckily for Mark, Trey apparently had no problem sharing what he was thinking. “You’re right that it would allow you to save some money and there’d be some benefits, but there’d be a lot of drawbacks to it too.”

“Yeah, I know. I think there are more drawbacks than there are benefits. I like living on my own, I like my privacy, I just can’t see myself living at my sister’s. Truthfully, the only benefit to it would be saving money.” Mark shrugged. “It’s not like I can’t go over and visit when I want company.”

“It sounds to me like you’ve already made up your mind. What did you tell her?”

“I’d think about it. I’ll give her an answer sometime next week.” The timer for the oven went off and Mark stood. “That would be our dinner.” It only took a minute to pull dinner out of the oven and set it on the stove. He turned and found Trey peering past him.

“Looks good, what are we having?”

“Shepherd’s pie.” Mark shrugged. “I haven’t fixed it in a while and it sounded good.”

“Hey, you don’t see me complaining, do you?” Trey pulled Mark close and kissed him right there in the small kitchen.

Mark returned the kiss, dinner completely forgotten as he opened to Trey’s questing tongue. Trey’s hand slipped inside the back of Mark’s jeans and cupped his ass. He pulled him closer, their erections pressing together through the layers of fabric.

Trey moaned against his mouth and Mark decided it was a good thing dinner was just as good reheated because he wanted Trey much more than he wanted dinner at the moment. He pulled back and led Trey to his bedroom.

“What about dinner?” Despite his words, Trey didn’t make any attempt to stop him.

“Unless you’re starving, dinner can wait.” Mark glanced over his shoulder and smiled at the heated look in Trey’s eyes.

“I’d be a fool to argue with that.” Trey started stripping his shirt off before they’d even stepped over the threshold into the bedroom. He sat on the bed and kicked his shoes off as Mark stripped out of his jeans. No sooner was Mark naked than Trey reached out and pulled him over to stand between his knees. “Besides, I think maybe I want an appetizer first.”

Any retort Mark might have said died on his lips as Trey leaned in and sucked the head of Mark’s cock into the warm cavern of his mouth.

Prompt- Use: week, together, book
Copyright © 2016 Renee Stevens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Been following this on your website and saw today that you updated. so I'm leaving the review here.

I really hope that Mark doesn't move in to his sisters home, even if it will help him save money. He needs his privacy. But not to invite other men!! ok? No cheating of Trey. hint hint. Trey and Mark are perfect for each other. I like this story and anxiously await the next chapter. Will we get a chapter on Xmas day?

Link to comment

I'm really curious to hear more about what Trey's thinking about what Mark could do.

 

I think I already said in the previous review that Jackie is sweet to offer this to her brother, but knowing her, he won't get any privacy and she'll be meddling in his business. Well, I guess that could go under 'no privacy'. lol

 

Maybe Mark should just do what we all did in school: work part-time. I had two part-time jobs in college. He can still concentrate on school with one part-time job.

 

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

 

Have a happy and healthy holiday, Renee! :)

Link to comment
On 12/23/2013 06:51 AM, LadyDe said:
Been following this on your website and saw today that you updated. so I'm leaving the review here.

I really hope that Mark doesn't move in to his sisters home, even if it will help him save money. He needs his privacy. But not to invite other men!! ok? No cheating of Trey. hint hint. Trey and Mark are perfect for each other. I like this story and anxiously await the next chapter. Will we get a chapter on Xmas day?

Thanks for leaving a review LadyDe! I love knowing people are also following on my blog. I agree with you about him moving into his sister's place and agree that him and Trey are perfect for each other. Sorry it took so long to respond to this review, and I had planned to give out a chapter on Christmas Day, but due to my grandfather's death just days before Christmas, I was extremely unfocused and unable to write. Hopefully there won't be many delays in future chapters and I'll be updating weekly now that things have settled down. Hope you continue to enjoy the story!
Link to comment
On 12/23/2013 08:19 AM, Menace said:
Woot woot. Chapters are coming in.
I'm doing my best! Glad that you are enjoying the story Menace! Thanks for leaving a review!
Link to comment
On 12/23/2013 12:38 PM, Lisa said:
I'm really curious to hear more about what Trey's thinking about what Mark could do.

 

I think I already said in the previous review that Jackie is sweet to offer this to her brother, but knowing her, he won't get any privacy and she'll be meddling in his business. Well, I guess that could go under 'no privacy'. lol

 

Maybe Mark should just do what we all did in school: work part-time. I had two part-time jobs in college. He can still concentrate on school with one part-time job.

 

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

 

Have a happy and healthy holiday, Renee! :)

I think everyone is/was curious about what Trey's suggestion is regarding the entire situation with Mark and Jackie's suggestion for him. I had given him working part-time some thought but for reasons that will become clear later on, I decided against that. Hope you continue to enjoy, and thank you!!
Link to comment
On 12/23/2013 04:11 PM, Daddydavek said:
Well that was a hot way to end my day! Loved the ending.

More please!

Thanks for the review Daddy Dave! Glad that you enjoyed the ending and that it was a good end of the day for ya! And I'm working on it :)
Link to comment

Oh my! Renee you dirty girl! ;) hehe

I can so relate to that urgency where an inner lust almost overtakes you, and dinner can wait. oh those were the good old days. :)

So Mark is reserved to the offer, probably wisely so. Glad to see he's not just a big push over, even if pushing him down onto the bed is so damn easy for Trey! ;)

Good chapter Hon.

Link to comment
On 07/16/2014 03:43 PM, Yettie One said:
Oh my! Renee you dirty girl! ;) hehe

I can so relate to that urgency where an inner lust almost overtakes you, and dinner can wait. oh those were the good old days. :)

So Mark is reserved to the offer, probably wisely so. Glad to see he's not just a big push over, even if pushing him down onto the bed is so damn easy for Trey! ;)

Good chapter Hon.

Who? Moi? Never!!! *giggle*

 

Sometimes dinner just isn't as important as other things, lol... And sometimes it's just as good cold or reheated :)

 

While I'm sure Jackie is trying to make Mark's life easier, the pessimist in me see's it as another way for her to try and gain an extra measure of control over his life. Which is precisely why Mark needs to think about it long and hard.

 

Thanks for the review Mr. Yettie!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..