Jump to content
    Tallguyct
  • Author
  • 2,539 Words
  • 1,317 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Mike Finds Himself - 7. Mike Is Introduced to 1950s Muscle Magazines

Sunday morning as Mike exercised at the fitness center his thoughts went back and forth between the condoms in Maggie’s nightstand and his new acquaintance. Why would a 45 year old woman have condoms in her nightstand? The answer was obvious, she was fucking someone in their bed. Since Mike had no interest in fucking his wife he was not devastated. Who was the guy? Was there more than one? How long had this been going on? As a professional real estate agent she met an assortment of people. Why were they doing it in their home? Maybe they were just condoms that she had found in son Pete’s room. That was unlikely. Not that she might find condoms in his room but that she would take them and hide them. Possibly she had purchased them for their daughter, Kathy. That made no sense. The only rational answer was that she was having or at some time had a relationship. He was not going to confront her as that would likely lead to a discussion concerning his lack of interest in sex. If she was currently screwing around then some of them would be used. He decided to count the number in the nightstand. Then every few days he would check to see if any were missing. Then he would know something was currently going on. He would also check the expiration dates to make sure they were fresh and not there from years gone by and long forgotten.

As he continued exercising on the elliptical machine his thoughts turned to the interesting conversation with the handsome Pole. His personal gaydar, as Jim had explained the term to him, told his inquiring mind that Tomas was gay. Being new to the scene he did not know how to proceed. How one should act in such a situation was something that he would definitely discuss with Jim, hopefully at lunch on Monday.

As he stood at his locker while undressing prior to going to the showers a tall, well built man probably in his 50s walked in from the shower area with a towel slung over his shoulder. The impressive dick swinging over low hanging balls was a delight to view. He immediately thought of Tomas, similar age, similar body and hopefully similar dick. He assumed Tomas was natural which would be even more interesting than the cut dick swinging toward him.

That afternoon he had the house to himself. Maggie was hosting an open house for one of her real estate clients while Pete and Kathy were out with friends. As soon as he arrived home from the fitness center he went to their bedroom. He carefully took the small cloth bag holding the condoms out of the nightstand drawer. There were seven with an expiration date in two years meaning they were fairly new. He carefully returned them to the back of the drawer.

Being alone he had the opportunity to do what a horny guy does. Sitting at the computer in the alcove between the kitchen and door to the garage he found one of his favorite porn sites. Within fifteen minutes he was jacking and unloading into a tissue.

The following day, Monday, he and Jim shared lunch time at one of the tables in the grass area behind their office building. Mike told him about the hike and his new friend. When he commented, “My gaydar tells me he is probably gay.” Jim laughed.

“I hope your gaydar works better than mine which gave me absolutely no hint that you might be one of us.”

When Mike asked how one finds out a guy’s orientation and also if the guy has any interest in him Jim cautioned him to go slow, very slow. “If he turns out to be a very friendly, outgoing straight guy you could ruin your relationship by letting him know you assume he is gay. To brooch the subject you could make subtle comments. For example you say something like, ‘I sure envy your life situation. While I love my wife I wish I could have freedom to do what I want to do, when I want to do it.’ His reply will most likely give you a better perspective concerning his orientation. Don’t rush the situation. Just keep hiking.”

Five days later Mike checked the condom bag. There was one less.

Two weeks after the first hike Mike again met the group. The weather was perfect for hiking. The September air was cool but not cold. Most of the previous hikers were there as well as three new ones. Mike was devastated that Tomas was not one of them. For two weeks he had looked forward to seeing him again. The four hour hike was rated as moderately difficult while the previous hike had been rated easy. Mike had feared that he might not be able to keep up with the others. After an hour of steady hiking the leader suggested they take a break. While Mike appreciated the break he was relieved that he had no problem keeping up with the experienced hikers and did not feel exhausted. While the others chatted Mike sat on a log off to the side feeling somewhat depressed because his new friend had not appeared. Tomas had encourage Mike to do the more difficult hike and when they departed after their healthy protein smoothies had told Mike he would see him in two weeks. Just as the leader called out that the hike would continue someone appeared coming up the trail. To Mike’s joy it was Tomas. He explained to the group that he had received a call from another doctor just as he was leaving his home. While he appeared to be winded from walking fast to catch up he assured the group he did not need a rest and he would continue with them. He then walked over to Mike, “Hello my friend. Glad you made it.” He held out his hand and Mike placed his hand in the large hand of the smiling Pole. The handshake lasted longer than Mike expected, but felt wonderful. The two walked and talked together. When Mike made the comment Jim had suggested Mike replied, “My friend, I know exactly what you mean. I so enjoy the freedom of being alone. Eating when I want and what I want. And eating my meal naked if that is how I feel at the moment. Going to an action movie at two in the afternoon or midnight. Watching porn or listening to opera loud if that is my mood. No constraints.” Mike was intrigued by his comment about being naked when one felt like it and watching porn.

As they walked Tomas told Mike about the delicious food his mother, who still lived in Poland, prepared. “I was so happy when about a year ago I discovered Polish foods available at a deli in New City. There are no Polish delis in Springfield but the one I found in New City has two of my favorite dishes, bigos and sernik. While I remember my mother’s being more tasty the ones at the deli are delicious. Bigos is a stew of smoked meats, cabbage, mushrooms, tomato and spices. Every Polish grandmother has her own special recipe. My grandmother passed her recipe on to my mother. When I visit Poland she makes it for me. Sernik is similar to American cheesecake but hearty, not as creamy. I was in New City a couple of days ago and brought some of each home. I would be pleased to share these with you. Our hike will end at about 12:30. We could go to my place and you would have the opportunity to discover these foods of my youth.”

Mike needed no prodding, “Sounds delicious, I will gladly join you. My wife will be out all afternoon with real estate clients so at least for a few hours I am as free as you.” (Later Mike learned why Tomas visited New City. It wasn’t just for the Polish treats.)

Tomas’s townhouse condo was in the exclusive section of town. Maggie had real estate listings for a couple of the homes and had told Mike about the elegance of both the homes and the beautifully landscaped neighborhood. The entrance foyer led to the kitchen and dining room, both facing the street. It also led to the living room, an extension of the dining room. A short hall from the living room led to the master bedroom. Both the living room and bedroom opened to a private deck across the back of the home. Later Tomas told Mike that he sometimes sunned while naked on the deck. There was also a stairway going from the foyer to the second floor which Mike later learned contained a large media room / loft and guest bedroom. The media room / loft overlooked the living room which had a cathedral ceiling. The quality of both the furniture and home décor impressed Mike who normally was oblivious to home domestic decorations.

“I assume you want to wash up after the hike.” He then led Mike through the master bedroom into a spacious bathroom. “I’ll be in the kitchen.” After pissing and then washing his hands, arms and face Mike snooped. In the medicine cabinet and drawers he found an array of men’s products. Most were a brand that was unknown to Mike, La Mer men’s essentials. There was cleansing gel, treatment lotion, eye concentrate and other products. This certainly was not the Old Spice deodorant, bath gel and after shave he used. Later when Mike returned home he checked out La Mer on his computer and was shocked that none of the individual items cost less than $100 and the eye concentrate alone was listed at $235. Tomas certainly was serious about taking care of his body. After washing and snooping Mike found Tomas in the kitchen. The bigos was warming on the stove and his friend was slicing a cantaloupe.

“I’m making a cantaloupe, protein drink. It contains cantaloupe, nonfat milk, protein powder and organic strawberries. The cantaloupe is also organic. I try to put only organic things in my mouth.” He half laughed at the last statement and Mike wondered what he meant by only organic things in his mouth. Is a dick organic? Tomas led Mike to the living room. “Relax here while I finish concocting the drink. Don’t worry about my furniture. This leather furniture has had a lot more abuse than sweaty hiking clothes”

As Mike sat in the incredibly comfortable couch he noticed magazines on the coffee table. He was surprised to see nearly naked men on the covers. Picking one up he noted the date on the cover was sixty-five years earlier, June 1955. Each page had a picture of a handsome muscular man wearing only a brief cloth covering his dick. Mike was intrigued, his dick was more intrigued as it began to respond to the photos. As Mike attentively studied the photos of the nearly naked muscle men Tomas entered the room carrying the healthy drinks. “I see you have found part of my collection of vintage muscle magazines. I do not know if it is because I am an orthopedic surgeon or just an inquisitive guy, but I enjoy looking at photos of handsome men.”

Mike replied, “They certainly are interesting. Compared to what you can see today these are mild. But, I assume that in the 1950s these were considered very risqué and indecent.”

Tomas continued, “Porn today is so available that it almost gets boring. Maybe that is why I find these so titillating.”

Mike then took a chance, “Well, I must admit, I do find them as you say titillating. They certainly do appear happy to be wearing almost nothing. Must feel good to be so free.”

Tomas replied, “Yes, it does.”

Mike, “Are you saying that you have worn such outfits?”

Tomas, “Those pieces of cloth which are called either loin cloths or G-strings are incredibly comfortable, even when hiking.”

Mike, “Are you telling me you wore a G-string today?”

Tomas, “Wouldn’t leave home without one.”

Mike, “I don’t believe you. (That was a lie, Mike both believed and hoped to see it.) Prove it.”

Tomas, “Oh, ye of little faith.” Said as he removed his shirt. He then leaned down and removed his socks. Taking off his shoes was not necessary as they had removed their hiking boots in the foyer. “Are you positive you want to witness such debauchery?”

Mike with a smile, “Yes.”

Tomas unbuckled his belt. He then slowly opened the button on his hiking pants. He gradually lowered the zipper. When he opened the fly Mike only saw blue. Then his friend lowered his pants. As the pants fell to the floor he stepped out of them exposing his glorious 55 year old body totally exposed except for the sky blue G-string covering the place of interest.

“You are an incredible piece of eye candy. If this was 1955 I would be seeing you on the pages of (he glanced at the cover of the magazine) ‘Man’s World’. No, not just on the pages but on the cover. I am impressed with what I am seeing.”

As Mike spoke, Tomas got into a muscle man pose. As he moved into another pose Mike noted the short neatly trimmed armpit hair, the only hair on the 99% of the body that was exposed. Mike wondered if the crotch was as clean shaven as Tomas’s shiny bald head.

Then Tomas made a remarkable suggestion. “Join me. I have a collection of G-strings. You will feel very liberated without clothes.”

“Thanks for the invitation. But I don’t have the physique for that.”

Tomas, “While I enjoy looking at photos in a magazine that does not compare to the real thing. I would not have made the suggestion if I did not want to admire your body. Come with me.”

The almost naked Tomas walked over to Mike and took his hand. He then led him to the master bedroom. He opened a drawer that was full of G-strings in a rainbow of colors and patterns. “Please, pick out one that pleases you. As you dress for lunch I will put the meal on the table.”

…………………………..

With all the discussion of Polish food you might think I am Polish. No, BUT, In 1992 I had the opportunity to participate in a management training program in Wrocław (pronounced WRA –swaf), with additional training in Krakow, Gdansk and Warsaw. I made many friends and have visited over 20 times – most visits a month long. Although there is gay life in Poland, it is one of the most gay repressive countries in Europe. In 1997 I had a three month assignment in St Petersburg, Russia. Made many friends, including Valery who I traveled through Siberia years later. Met him at the gay beach on the Baltic Sea north of St Petersburg. Have visited Russia ten times, usually a month each, since then. My gay authors book, Russia My Home – Book Two of the Boys trilogy, was inspired by those visits.

If you are enjoying this story, then please take the time to like, review, and follow the story. Your feedback and comments are always welcome and noted.
In the next chapter, Mike enjoys an afternoon in a G-string / and less!
Copyright © 2020 Tallguyct; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I like the pacing of the action in the story.  Would like to correct one word, however:  Mike who normally was obviously to home domestic decorations. I believe you meant to type "oblivious" and spellcheck changed it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

After being a few chapters behind, I got caught up this morning. I continue to enjoy Mike's journey of self-improvement and self-awareness. I agree with Pvtguy, your pacing of the story is great. I also like that you give us details of the changes in Mike's life, but don't get long winded about it. Mike is an interesting character, and seems like a very realistic person due to your writing talent. I look forward to reading more. Thanks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Thanks pvtguy - I was oblivious to that typo, corrected it.  My usual procedure is to write a chapter and then proof read it three times on three different days.   I am surprised as to what I catch on the third proof.  Thank God for spell and grammar check.  Unfortunately, sometimes a typo results in a word, just the wrong word and it stays in.  Glad you are enjoying traveling down the road of self-improvement with Mike.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
45 minutes ago, Tallguyct said:

Thanks pvtguy - I was oblivious to that typo, corrected it.  My usual procedure is to write a chapter and then proof read it three times on three different days.   I am surprised as to what I catch on the third proof.  Thank God for spell and grammar check.  Unfortunately, sometimes a typo results in a word, just the wrong word and it stays in.  Glad you are enjoying traveling down the road of self-improvement with Mike.

As a retired educator, it's both a blessing and a curse as I catch myself reading and viewing a manuscript as I would an essay or paper turned in from my students.  Did it for many years and actually do proofread for other authors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..