Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 3,408 Words
  • 98 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sex scenes

CRYSTALLINE - 23. Eden Monaro

p style="text-align:center;"> e2a157192f416c863b7330dcdfe0845a.jpg

When the first booking was confirmed, Thomas called a meeting with all staff as he was keen to ensure the new staff knew what to expect from overnight guests.

“Thanks for coming on such short notice, but I am excited to tell you that we have our first booking and expect more this week. I particularly want to speak to our newer recruits to make sure you understand the nature of our services and the type of guests we will cater for”

“You mean because they’ll all be gay?” asked Troy.

“Precisely, and I hope this question is coming from genuine interest and not from some other agenda” replied Thomas.

“Yeah, that’s all, some of the others might not be so open minded as me”

Thomas gave a little chuckle and said “Thanks for your concern Troy” Then looking at the newest trainees, Thomas said “Mai, Nyamba, Vince, Harry and Charlotte, as Troy already indicated, we expect most of our guests will be gay so you need to be mindful of that, respectful of our guests needs and expect some, what you might consider, naughty behaviour”

“Why, what will they be doing?” asked Charlotte

“Firstly, the pool area will be clothing optional, so expect to see some nudity and not be shocked by it. If however, you deem someone’s behaviour to be unacceptable, do not approach them, but tell your supervisor or any of the management team who will take the appropriate action if necessary. If they deem the complaint not valid then you will be informed of the reason”

“Can you give an example of what you consider acceptable behaviour?”

“Do you mean what you might not consider acceptable?”

“Yes”

“Firstly I don’t know what you might consider unacceptable behaviour, but let’s say you see two men kissing and cuddling either in the pool or on a sun lounge. I would consider that within the bounds of socially acceptable in such an environment. However, if they were engaging in penetrative sex, then I would not see that as acceptable by the pool. Does that help?”

“Yes, thanks”

“However there is an area on the property where active sex is permitted and that is in the cubicles of the clubhouse. There sexual acts can be observed by others in the clubhouse. But there are limits and all guests in the clubhouse are expected to remain clothed below the waist and not engage in sex acts outside the cubicles. If you find you can’t accept this then let me or your supervisor know and we will discuss it with you”

“Are there anymore questions?”

Mia then asked “If I go into a bedroom for housekeeping and men are still in bed, what should I do?”

“Firstly you only enter a bedroom for housekeeping, if there is a make up my room sign on the door or if you receive no answer when you knock. If you then discover someone still in bed or naked or in the shower, then leave immediately”

“There are no hard and fast rules about this. You are all adults, though some of you may be less experienced in worldly matters that others, so just use common sense and err on the side of caution. I don’t want you or our guests to be embarrassed. Is that clear?”

There were generally nods all round the room.

“Good, now go and prepare for our first guests and remember at all times our guests are here for fun and relaxation. You are here to give good service, but enjoy yourselves as well. If you are not enjoying your work, I want to know, because you may be in the wrong job”

Lachlan then said “Before returning to work, you are all invited to the kitchen for a special morning tea, ordered by Mr Price and prepared by Cook. Go and enjoy”

“Thanks everyone” concluded Thomas.

***

 

The first three bookings were for a two night weekend and all was made ready to receive the first six guests on Friday evening. Despite the wages bill, all permanent staff were rostered on for the weekend and when Thomas realised they would outnumber the guests, he called Lachlan to discuss a promotional idea.

“How about we offer a few free rooms this coming weekend, to fill they place up a bit more”

“Who did you have in mind?” asked Lachlan

“I was thinking, the journo from the Star Observer and a couple of travel agents. Was there any in particular you spoke to on opening night that would be keen to promote us?”

The invitations were accepted, so the guest list for the weekend grew to twelve.

 

The three paying couples arrived separately but it soon became obvious, at dinner, they were all friends. The journo and the travel agents kept their identities hidden, as was normal in the industry, so the paying guest would not be upset by knowing some were staying for free and so all would mix equally.

***

Jonathan was keen to see how his clubhouse was being used and hung around much of the time. However there were no takers for his converted horse stalls, but he did hear a few laughs when guests read the back of the drinks menu on each table.

Dear guests,

Welcome to Crystalline Resort and please feel free to use all the facilities. We especially recommend you take advantage of the cubicles that have been set up for your pleasure. If you prefer not to perform, then you may still enjoy the view from the bar, through the voyeurs’ windows.

 

The behaviour of all guests was fairly sober, but they seemed to enjoy themselves.

Upon departure the travel agents promised to spread the word throughout their industry and Leo, the journo equally promised a good review.

***

On Tuesday, Thomas received a call from Leo.

“I’ve just submitted my copy to our editor, who is happy with the story but has come back to me with a suggestion for more stories”

“That’s wonderful, how can we help?”

“One of my colleagues is about to start a monthly series of stories about community groups and it has been suggested that if you can attract group bookings then we could run stories about the group visiting your resort and their normal activities. Either myself or my colleague could attend when the group is in residence and report on their stay as well as interview them regarding normal group activities”

“I would need to discuss this with my colleagues, but from my point of view, I like it”

“I would not need to stay overnight, just attend for interviews. I am thinking that if you get a group booking then you could ask them if they are prepared to be involved in a story for the Observer and if we find a group for a story then you might offer them a group discount to book with you”

“Sounds doable, but I’ll have to confirm”

“Sure, looking forward to working together”

“We’ll talk soon” concluded Thomas.

Thomas later explained the request from Leo at The Star and Lachlan agreed it was an excellent suggestion.

***

The following weekend there were five rooms booked. A group of friends booked two doubles and one single, plus there were two more couples booked.

It was decided that on the first night two staff members should dine with the guests to help them settle in. Thomas and Lachlan took the first group.

Carol showed each to their rooms and advised that drinks would be served in the dining room bar from six pm.

<>

Thomas welcomed the guests as they drifted into the bar and Lachlan joined a little later. When Thomas saw Lachlan approaching he excused himself from the guests and took him aside.

“How are the guests?” asked Lachlan.

“They’re fine, but I think we have a familiar face among them. See the guy at the end of the bar”

“You mean the one who looks like he’s trying to pretend he’s not here?”

“Exactly what I thought, but does he look familiar?”

“Isn’t he that soapie star from Beach and Bay?”

“The one with muscles from neck to knee”

“And plays a straight role that teenage girls just love” suggested Lachlan

“That’s him”

“I think his name is Eden Monaro”

“That’s what I thought, but his friends call him Marky”

“Maybe he doesn’t want to be recognised”

“Good luck with a face that familiar” suggested Thomas

“Then you better introduce me. I haven’t met a celebrity since I left the Regency Club”

<>

“Good evening again” said Thomas “I’d like to introduce my co-manager Lachlan Campbell”

The leader of the group introduced himself as Roland and each guest introduced themselves, until they reached the end of the bar and Lachlan said “Welcome to Crystalline....”

“Just call me Marky”

“Then welcome Marky” Lachlan replied and allowed the guest to retain his anonymity.

Not wanting to intrude, but really wanting to know what was going on, Thomas said “We’ll leave you to relax while we go check on dinner. Will seven thirty pm be ok with you?”

The self appointed spokesman for the group replied in the affirmative and thanked the men for their welcome. After they left he said “I think you’ve been recognised Marky. I could tell by the look on that Lachlan’s face”

“But he didn’t say anything”

“He’s a professional. I’m sure he used to work at the Regency Club, where discretion is a major requirement of the job”

“So I won’t be outed then?”

“I’m not sure the other staff will be so discreet”

“Maybe I should have come in disguise”

“You’re always in disguise” his friend spat out like venom.

***

Carol was breathless by the time she got to the kitchen in the main house and blurted out to Cook “You’re not gonna believe who’s here for the weekend and staying in a room by himself”

“Ok, tell me before you burst”

“The absolutely delicious Eden Monaro”

“The hunk from Beach and Bay” Cook asked

“None other”

“But isn’t he straight?”

“I always thought so. I’m glad Mia’s not on duty till the morning, she’d have probably fainted in his presence. I almost did myself”

“What did you say to him?”

“Welcome, please enjoy your stay and don’t hesitate to ask if there’s anything you need. Just like Lachlan told me to”

“Good girl and let’s maintain that professionalism while he’s here”

“But...but...”

“But what girl?” asked Thomas from the doorway.

“I want a selfie with him or my friends won’t believe me”

“Your friends won’t believe you because you won’t be telling them and there will be no selfies unless he volunteers. Which I think is unlikely, given that he is using another name”

“Well Eden Monaro is probably just his stage name”

“But why is he at a gay resort?” asked Cook

“I don’t know and frankly it’s none of our business to question it”

“Maybe, but it does raise questions in one’s mind”

“Then make sure they stay just in your mind. Whether he’s gay or not is his business”

“I don’t see it that way” said Carol “He’s a sex symbol, loved by women all over the country, you’ve only got to look at his social media”

“Your point being?”

“If he’s gay, then he’s a fraud and women are being fooled. No offense, but I don’t want to be a fan of someone who’s not what he says he is”

“He’s an actor and should be able to play any character he’s capable of portraying”

Cook then added “I can see your point Thomas, and even agree to a point, but this is not just a movie where an actor plays a part once. This is a nightly program, part of people’s lives and fans not only follow the story but buy into the actor’s lives as well”

“Well reasoned Cook, but just the same it’s not our responsibility to out a guest. That is up to him and his publicity team” replied Thomas.

“I suppose you could look at it this way. If an actor plays a murderer or a bank robber, do they have to be that in real life? So why can’t a gay actor play a straight role?” suggested Cook

“It’s a good point, and may be politically correct, but fans don’t think that way” added Carol

“Anyway, I’ve got to get back to work and so do you two” Thomas concluded as he left.

***

The group of five requested they dine separately from the any other guests, so Thomas ate with the group of five and Lachlan with the others who arrived just before dinner was served and were escorted directly to their table.

No references were made about Marky during dinner, but they did reveal they all worked together in television production. Roland said “I’m the production manager of this unruly lot”

Thomas, having recognised Eden, did not ask about their project to avoid any embarrassment. Most of the conversation did centre around television and Thomas showed a genuine interest in production methods while avoiding the subject of actors.

***

At the other table the conversation was very general with Lachlan being quizzed about the resort’s features. He talked up the resort and also talked about future plans.

The two couples were old friends. One couple had been together over fifty years. When asked by Lachlan how they met so many years ago, Max said “It certainly wasn’t at a place like this that Charles and I met. Good god we couldn’t even image such a place could ever exist in those days”

“Things have changed a lot over the years” replied Lachlan “You two must have lot of stories to tell”

“Oh we have” replied Charles “And not all of them funny; at least not at the time. But Conrad and Roger also have stories to share”

“Have you been together long?” asked Lachlan

“Not as long as these two. We’re a bit younger of course and our relationship has been on and off a few times”

“I’m sorry to hear that”

“That’s ok, in fact this weekend is a treat from Max and Charles to celebrate us getting back together recently”

“Excellent, then we should have champagne, on the house, to honour the occasion. Give me a moment”

Lachlan signalled Yashuki, ordered the champagne and told him why.

“You know these two got married on their fiftieth wedding anniversary, a few years ago” said Conrad

“That’s amazing, then we’ll make it a double celebration. Did you hear that Yashuki” Lachlan added with a wink.

“Yes, just one of the many positive changes in equality, we’ve experienced over the years. Are you married?” Max asked

“No not married but in a permanent relationship” Lachlan replied

“Is he here tonight?”

“Not on duty, but on the property”

“Sounds mysterious”

“Oh no, it’s just that my partner is the owner of this property, but doesn’t get involved in the day to day operations. He leaves that side of the management to Thomas and myself”

“Probably wise not to work too closely together. You know I did think you and Thomas might be partners”

Lachlan laughed, then added “Thomas and I work very closely together, but that’s it. His partner is the head gardener here”

Roger than asked “Are all the staff in relationships with each other?”

“Now you mention it, most are. We’re a very close group, like family”

“That’s lovely” added Charles “But I don’t think I could work with this old bugger again. We tried that for about ten years and nearly killed each other”

“Oh what did you do?”

“About nearly killing him?” Charles said with a grin.

“No, no, what sort of work did you do together?”

“We ran a local store, cafe and post office in a small country town”

“That sounds like fun”

“It was a bloody lot of hard work” Max interjected.

“I don’t doubt that, sounds like a lot of responsibility running so many parts of the business”

“Yes but it was rewarding, not so financially, but meeting people and getting to know them”

“And their secrets” added Charles

“Really?” questioned Lachlan

“Oh you’d be surprised how much you can learn from the mail and how people in a small town talk about themselves and others. I suppose people are no different in small towns or cities, difference is in a small community everyone knows everyone else’s business and are not backward in sharing”

“Sounds like the stuff of novels or soapies” said Lachlan

“Yes, I’ve often thought of writing a book about our experiences in Esperon”

“You should”

Yashuki then returned with the champagne, popped the cork and poured for everyone. Lachlan was expecting Yashuki to have the little surprise he ordered but was disappointed when he saw there was nothing else on the tray. He gave Yashuki a quizzical look and Yashuki just smiled at him. He then went to the older couple, got their attention and produced an envelope out of thin air and handed it to Max.

“Wow, where did that come from” asked Charles

“Same place as this” Yashuki replied as he produced another and handed it to Roger.

“A magical waiter” remarked Charles “How wonderful”

“Yes, even I am surprised” added Lachlan

“Should I open it?” asked Max “Is it going to reveal my secret thoughts?”

“Please open both your envelopes, they are just a small gift from the management to add to your celebrations”

The envelopes each contained a gift certificate for an extra night at Crystalline.

“Thank you Yashuki, we must talk later” said Lachlan

“Oh I hope he is not in trouble because of us” suggested Max

“No, quite the contrary, I asked him to get the gifts, I just didn’t know he would deliver them that way”

“Quite a talented young man, in many ways” Conrad added, with a wink.

“Yes, he came highly recommended by another member of staff, I just didn’t know the extent of his talents”

“Lachlan” said Conrad

“Yes Conrad”

“Do you know the guests at the other table?”

“Not really, just had a welcome drink with them and as you can see Thomas is dining with them”

“Then do you know the man sitting at the end of the table, like he is holding court”

“I believe his name is Marty, but that’s all I know” Lachlan lied.

“Mmm, looks familiar but the person I’m thinking of is not called Marty”

“What are you on about?” asked Roger

“Take a good look, who does he look like?”

Roger turned and said “Oh my god, he’s my idol. You do know he has the sexiest bum on TV. I think it deserves its own Logie Award”

“Will you two tell us what’s going on?” asked Max

“I don’t know why he’s called Marty here, but that’s Eden Monaro sitting in the same dining room as us mere mortals” said Conrad.

“Who’s Eden Monaro?” asked Charles

“You troglodyte, where have you been living this century?” asked Conrad

“Certainly not on the same planet as you, my old queen”

“Well, let me tell you dearie, that is the sexiest man alive, albeit he’s straight, but could still make me cum just by looking me in the eyes. He’s the star of Beach and Bay”

“Oh get a grip Conrad. Even if he is who you say, why would he be here at a gay resort?” asked Max

“The very next question I was going to ask. Should I go and ask for an autograph, Roger?”

Lachlan had let the conversation roll on, but now judged it had gone far enough. “Gentlemen, I would ask you to respect the privacy of all our guests regardless of their fame or not”

“Yes, of course you’re right, Lachlan. We promise to behave if you can at least confirm his identity for us”

Lachlan leaned forward, as if he was going to reveal a secret, “I suspect the same as you, but I have no confirmation as to his real identity and want to leave it at that, ok?”

“Maybe we’ll bump into him by the pool” replied Conrad.

“Oh I hope so, I want to see that body in the flesh” said Roger “And watch his butt pass by”

“More champagne anyone?” Lachlan asked by way of changing the direction of the conversation.

*****

Next Chapter - Star tantrum. The wisdom of the aged.
Copyright © 2022 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1
Please leave a comment.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Gossip goes on in every group of people.  Over my years of life, I have learned that -- even if true -- gossip is not normally good.  Just because something is true does NOT mean it should be spread about.  However, many persons think that THEIR ideas of what is right and wrong are the only ones which could possibly be right.

They need to add a "standard disclaimer" to guest sign-ins saying something like, "The resort can not be responsible, and can not be held responsible, for what other guests may say or do."

Marky/Marty is liable to be outed, considering Carol, Cook, and others who want to brag/tell/expose what they think they know.

 

Edited by ReaderPaul
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 9/10/2022 at 2:05 PM, ReaderPaul said:

Gossip goes on in every group of people.  Over my years of life, I have learned that -- even if true -- gossip is not normally good.  Just because something is true does NOT mean it should be spread about.  However, many persons think that THEIR ideas of what is right and wrong are the only ones which could possibly be right.

They need to add a "standard disclaimer" to guest sign-ins saying something like, "The resort can not be responsible, and can not be held responsible, for what other guests may say or do."

Marky/Marty is liable to be outed, considering Carol, Cook, and others who want to brag/tell/expose what they think they know.

 

I mostly agree with your second paragraph statement @ReaderPaul, but there is at least one thing the resort is responsible for, the responsible service of alcohol as has been discussed in a prior chapter. Perhaps an even blunter statement is required for scenarios like the one Eden Monaro presents, the resort cannot guarantee your privacy will be respected by other guests, only by resort staff.

A delightful surprise to have Max and Charles as guests. I have to wonder if Yashuki has some "hidden talents" like Justin as where did he conceal the envelopes containing the gift certificates before he presented them to Max and Conrad.

I loved the comment by Roger that Eden/Marky/Marty's butt deserves its own Logie. If presented "in person" to said butt it would be worth watching the ceremony. I have to ask @Wombat Bill, did Eden earn the nickname "Marky" because his physique is similar to that of Marky Mark when he was modelling Calvin Klein underwear and singing with the Funky Bunch?

Carol annoyed me with her stupid comments about selfies etc. I have had reservations about her maturity in prior chapters, reservations which were well-founded given her behaviour in this chapter. She is vacuous. I don't believe if Eden were "outed" it would automatically be the death knell to his career though. He may find he is taken more seriously as an actor and not just pigeon-holed as a "soapie star", although his income may reduce at least initially.

I have to wonder @Wombat Bill if Thomas and Lachlan have considered the situation which is almost certain to arise of staff members providing services to guest(s) other than those for which they are employed. It would not surprise me to learn of Yashuki providing services other than waitering services to any guest(s) who may make such a request. If such services are provided free-of-charge or outside the workplace I cannot see it is an issue, but if Yashuki receives remuneration for the services and they are provided in the workplace, is it acceptable to his employers? Do such activities pose a WHS risk? I would be keen to see if @ReaderPaul, @chris191070 and @VBlew have any thoughts on this. 

And, did I miss something in a prior chapter, but I cannot recall Harry and Vince having previously made an appearance, only Charlotte?

 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..